Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Crewchief

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    Just an update. The intermittent "disconnected/reconnected" issue I'd been getting with the app running on Android tablet I'd been able to confirm via process of elimination was bluetooth related. Apparently bluetooth is crappy on a lot of Android devices as evidenced by lots of Android users' reviews across many brands.

Last week I decided to try a wired set of earbuds to the tablet instead of the wireless bluetooth ones I'd bought for it and lo and behold the disconnections have disappeared. I've been having a blast since, running Crew Chief with the game and always look forward to using it. Makes playing the game so much better and more fun. Crew Chief is the best.
    The bluetooth issue is a bummer though. Don't know if it would be ironed out some time later but until such time it's wired earbuds for the win.
    The worst is when you get used to having him and forget to start it before a race. Then 2 laps in go oh crap where is crew chief ....restart race after starting crew chief. Don't forget to try the different spotters too.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: Zenzic

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    Just an update. The intermittent "disconnected/reconnected" issue I'd been getting with the app running on Android tablet I'd been able to confirm via process of elimination was bluetooth related. Apparently bluetooth is crappy on a lot of Android devices as evidenced by lots of Android users' reviews across many brands.
    Bluetooth is just a crappy protocol in general.
    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make a good use of it. --John Adams
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: belaki

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    The worst is when you get used to having him and forget to start it before a race. Then 2 laps in go oh crap where is crew chief ....restart race after starting crew chief. Don't forget to try the different spotters too.
    LOL. True dat.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Bluetooth is just a crappy protocol in general.
    Yup, bluetooth seems to be crappy in Android devices. I don't have any bluetooth issues with my wireless/bluetooth PS Gold headset...never got disconnected.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    In TT mode with Ghost cars, CrewChief warns about those cars being side by side with my car. Is it expected behaviour? I suggest to disable those messages.
    Just want to bump it up in case it has been missed.
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Today (yesterday actually) we did 2h race, GTE@RoadAmerica.
    Unfortunately CC has performed some wrong match and didn't warned me about impossibility need of refuelling.
    Initial calculations gives me 3.0 consumption so I went for 2x88L strategy (1 pit). I don't remember how much fuel left, but for sure it was something about 30secs before 1 hour when I went to pits. So I had full 88L per the last stint.
    At the end of the race we were performing consistent laps at 2:08.0. While crossing S/F line there was 2 min 20 secs left and 5.5L of fuel. Consumption was about 3.0litres/per lap. I had to go for splash just before the last lap (with 2.4 litre in a tank). Fortunately I haven't lost a position (P3), moreover P2 got out of fuel after T5. So... lucky me.
    But I suspect it might be some corner case. Maybe CC has wrongly calculated number of laps left?

With regards and thank you for really great application
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit

Platform
    PC
    Reading changelog of the recent version, I noticed "tight fuel calculations" option which have to be enabled prior to use "Additional fuel to finish the race".
    Could you please elaborate more about how remained fuel is calculated?
    I'm asking because after second race in witch CC gave wrong estimation (actually CC missed one additional lap), I think the calculation cannot be tighter

Platform
    PC
    Love crewchief and wouldn’t race without it. Only have one small issue at the moment which is that at the start of the race I have to manually activate the spotter. It used to be on all the time and I can’t work out why it’s not now. Anybody have any ideas?
    Pc, thrustmaster TX, TH8a, fanatec v3i pedals, wheel stand pro v2
    Mobo - asus crosshair v formula z gaming, 24gb ddr3 ram 1600mhz, amd 8320 8 core @ 4.2 ghz, gtx 1070.

Platform
    PC
    When enabling tire temperature logs, the middle temp is shown for inside, middle, and outside. Is it possible for these values to reflect those on the different tire portions? Fantastic app though!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Mr. B - A bit of a frivolous request... Can we get a "Radio Check" voice command for the driver. "Can you hear me?" works fine, but perhaps something a bit more, er..., succinct would be a nice thing?

Platform
    PC
    Hello
    While preparing to league race using private practice, I starving for fuel consumption measurement during this session. I found, that CC doesn't calc fuel at all for this session. Is there some serious reason for that? Could the furl reporting be added to a practice?
    Thx
    Last edited by MaXyM; 18-03-2018 at 13:08.