Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I'm seriously considering buying a CSL Elite McLaren GT3 CSQR USA, ClubSport Pedals V3, and CSL Elite Wheel Base + officially licensed for PS4™. It's a lot of $$ to layout for me...

Is there any reason I shouldn't? Do these now work flawlessly with PC2 and the PS4? How much value is there if I were to go with the inverted pedals? Don't they offer any hardware upgrade path to going from the regular Clubsport pedals to the inverted?

Anything else I should know going into this, feel free to tell me.
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Well, you all were a lot of help.

I did end up buying the stuff I spoke of.. My initial impression is that it's WAY better than my Logitech G29 ever thought about being.

Only thing I've found as 'odd' or not quite what I had hoped, is that 12 position dials on the McLaren GT3 wheel are truly about as worthless as udders on a bull.

I am having some periodic problems with the paddle shifter... sometimes it double shifts, and other times it doesn't shift at all. This is REALLY frustrating to me, maybe that I got a warranty problem, I don't know for sure, it's pretty intermittent at this point, which in some ways makes it even more frustrating.
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    Well, you all were a lot of help.

I did end up buying the stuff I spoke of.. My initial impression is that it's WAY better than my Logitech G29 ever thought about being.

Only thing I've found as 'odd' or not quite what I had hoped, is that 12 position dials on the McLaren GT3 wheel are truly about as worthless as udders on a bull.

I am having some periodic problems with the paddle shifter... sometimes it double shifts, and other times it doesn't shift at all. This is REALLY frustrating to me, maybe that I got a warranty problem, I don't know for sure, it's pretty intermittent at this point, which in some ways makes it even more frustrating.
    If you can, test the paddle inputs with the PC drivers and make sure that the wheelbase and rim have both had the latest firmware updates installed. The shifts should be perfect, so you might well have a problem that needs looked at by Fanatec.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Just got a CSL E PS4 for xmas, and it looks like firmware 335 came on it (driver version 211). My only computer is a Mac, but I do have a Windows 10 VM using Parallels. When I tried to update the firmware on my TM T300, I damn near bricked the thing because I was using Parallels. Has anyone updated their Fanatec firmware using a virtual machine under macOS?
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | FANATEC CSL Elite | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    Just got a CSL E PS4 for xmas, and it looks like firmware 335 came on it (driver version 211). My only computer is a Mac, but I do have a Windows 10 VM using Parallels. When I tried to update the firmware on my TM T300, I damn near bricked the thing because I was using Parallels. Has anyone updated their Fanatec firmware using a virtual machine under macOS?
    I know a couple people have successfully. I'm a Mac user myself, recently got a Fanatec CSL Elite Starter Kit for PS4 and although I initially took it by someone with a PC running Windows in order to update Driver/Firmware, I intend to install a VM on my Mac, install Windows to do the updates myself for the next time. Most likely I'll be doing it via Paralells 14.
    It's supposed to be a fairly simple process once you're clear on what to do.
    PS4. Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Please don't try to do a firmware update via a Mac using a Windows VM. Install a Windows 10 partition with Bootcamp and everything will work well.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by nanotone View Post
    Please don't try to do a firmware update via a Mac using a Windows VM. Install a Windows 10 partition with Bootcamp and everything will work well.
    Installing the VM via Parallels 14 and installing Windows 10 there is much better than Bootcamp bro. More convenient also.
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    So, just an update for anyone wondering. I was able to update the firmware on my CSL Elite PS4 wheel using the following:

macOS Mojave 10.14
    Parallels 14.1
    Windows 10 64-bit
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | FANATEC CSL Elite | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PS4
    So, just an update for anyone wondering. I was able to update the firmware on my CSL Elite PS4 wheel using the following:

macOS Mojave 10.14
    Parallels 14.1
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Told you.