Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Panicsumo View Post
    this game is interesting. most recently the pedal v3 was not calibrated and the vibrating motor worked in the brake. now I calibrated and did not go. I tried the stump calibrated to 900 and automatically. Catalunyan I just had to stop because I did not turn it the way I want it.
    When your wheel is being properly recognised by the game, the brake vibration will unfortunately not activate but the throttle vibration will and the FFB/rotation should feel perfect. If you are getting brake vibration then the wheel is in a 'semi-G29' recognition state (it will feel very heavy) and you will need to restart the console and wheel. If you are continuing to have issues with the steering on PC2, I would recommend resetting the wheel in the controller menu and recalibrating, if you still feel that you are understeering then try compensating by reducing the steering ratio in the set up menu while in the pitlane.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    When your wheel is being properly recognised by the game, the brake vibration will unfortunately not activate but the throttle vibration will and the FFB/rotation should feel perfect. If you are getting brake vibration then the wheel is in a 'semi-G29' recognition state (it will feel very heavy) and you will need to restart the console and wheel. If you are continuing to have issues with the steering on PC2, I would recommend resetting the wheel in the controller menu and recalibrating, if you still feel that you are understeering then try compensating by reducing the steering ratio in the set up menu while in the pitlane.
    I've just received my CSL Elite PS4 and Clubsport V3 pedals, set these up last night and what an upgrade from my T300 Alcantara and T3PA's. Anyway, i was wondering about the brake/throttle motors too. They work as expected through the PC software (ie independently when you press the appropriate button), and exactly as described above when plugged through the wheel base on PS4 PC2.

I really enjoy the feedback, and was one of the reasons i went for the Clubsport V3's over the CSL Elite LC setup - i'm pleased this niche feature actually works on a console, they dont seem to work on AC and Dirt4.

Im curious though, why do we only get feedback through the throttle motor? I get this when i head off onto the grass and put the power down in say a RWD car, i thought i felt at one point the brake motor trigger, but its hard to tell when covering both pedals, so maybe i imagined it.

So why have the dev's only made the throttle motor vibrate when the TCS is going off, and sometimes when the ABS is triggered? When on the track, and i trigger the ABS under braking i get zero feedback, but surely the ABS motor should trigger? I understand that the CSV2 pedals only had the ABS motor, and that the throttle rumble is only in the CSV3, but surely if the devs are supplying the correct information into the SDK then the wheelbase can handle it from there?

Is this maybe a bug they will fix in the future, or is there deeper issues here? Chances of this being fixed?

Cheers

P.S, i've got the latest firmware on both pedals and wheelbase, plugging them into the PC independently through USB.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bnealon View Post
    I've just received my CSL Elite PS4 and Clubsport V3 pedals, set these up last night and what an upgrade from my T300 Alcantara and T3PA's. Anyway, i was wondering about the brake/throttle motors too. They work as expected through the PC software (ie independently when you press the appropriate button), and exactly as described above when plugged through the wheel base on PS4 PC2.

I really enjoy the feedback, and was one of the reasons i went for the Clubsport V3's over the CSL Elite LC setup - i'm pleased this niche feature actually works on a console, they dont seem to work on AC and Dirt4.

Im curious though, why do we only get feedback through the throttle motor? I get this when i head off onto the grass and put the power down in say a RWD car, i thought i felt at one point the brake motor trigger, but its hard to tell when covering both pedals, so maybe i imagined it.

So why have the dev's only made the throttle motor vibrate when the TCS is going off, and sometimes when the ABS is triggered? When on the track, and i trigger the ABS under braking i get zero feedback, but surely the ABS motor should trigger? I understand that the CSV2 pedals only had the ABS motor, and that the throttle rumble is only in the CSV3, but surely if the devs are supplying the correct information into the SDK then the wheelbase can handle it from there?

Is this maybe a bug they will fix in the future, or is there deeper issues here? Chances of this being fixed?

Cheers

P.S, i've got the latest firmware on both pedals and wheelbase, plugging them into the PC independently through USB.
    AFAIK throttle rumble is triggered when the driven wheels spin, and brake rumble triggers when the wheels lock under braking (i.e. not when ABS kicks in, but not 100% sure as currently I always drive with all assists off).
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Cheers

Unfortunately, since the latest patch, we lost brake rumble on the PS4. Really hoping it gets sorted as I really miss it.

As Sankyo says, the throttle motor kicks in with wheelspin.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    Unfortunately, since the latest patch, we lost brake rumble on the PS4. Really hoping it gets sorted as I really miss it.

As Sankyo says, the throttle motor kicks in with wheelspin.
    Anyone know whether the dev's are aware of this? Shame im a tad late to the party to have experienced both, drats!
    And yeah, driven wheels spinning defo triggers the throttle feedback, pre-patch im presuming that the ABS brake feedback would pulsate in tune to when the in-game ABS kicked in, or was it when the wheels locked up under braking?

Cheers

Platform
    PC
    Anyone know whether the dev's are aware of this? Shame im a tad late to the party to have experienced both, drats!
    And yeah, driven wheels spinning defo triggers the throttle feedback, pre-patch im presuming that the ABS brake feedback would pulsate in tune to when the in-game ABS kicked in, or was it when the wheels locked up under braking?

Cheers
    Devs have been notified, no info on when it may be fixed.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Cheers
    I can't remember whether it kicked in only with ABS or also when the wheels locked on non-ABS equipped vehicles, sorry.

Kart Driver
    Well, I haven't been playing much lately, but I can tell you that without the brake rumble, it's much more difficult to brake late or dive someone, and keep 100% control of the car. It's almost impossible. The FFB feeling early corner/on corner entry is terrible. So far for "we're releasing patches slowly because we want to make 100% sure we don't actually break stuff in new versions"
    I am looking forward to actually start enjoying this game with a setup that was announced on the official pcars website as 100% compatible, but hasn't been for a single day since release in September!!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I wanted to say thanks for everyone posting in here as I was struggling with FFB at the beginning but have found settings that I really like. If you’re still chasing good wheel settings please try mine and let me know how they suite your driving style. Thanks
    https://youtu.be/rQGjRYErJeI

PSN- Spidey_11.
    PS4 pro, Pagnian GT racing seat, Fanatec CSL Elite PS4.
    The following user likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by spidey11 View Post
    I wanted to say thanks for everyone posting in here as I was struggling with FFB at the beginning but have found settings that I really like. If you’re still chasing good wheel settings please try mine and let me know how they suite your driving style. Thanks
    https://youtu.be/rQGjRYErJeI

I see that you have to calibrate your pedals every time, which model are they?