Page 90 of 149 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 1489

Thread: Jack Spade Custom FFB Files

  1. #891
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    PC
    Good term "micro rattles" because what I experience isn't cogging or clipping. I have a new TS-PC and for the last two weeks I've been trying to clean/tune out the "micro rattles" but I have it straight line and corners. All cars and tracks from what I can find.

    I've tried just about all the files, ran the deadzone test, tried anti-jolt, adjusted Vol/Tone/FX and still at a loss. Coming from a TMX with Jack's files I don't recall the issue but it is a weaker motor and maybe was there. I thought it was a bad wheel but I don't experience it on Forza 7 and F1. Any advise or input would be helpful!!!

  2. #892
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,283
    Platform
    PC
    Hello Jack,
    I did try your settings for a while when PC2 was released but i was never happy about them, even after try to change some things. They always felt to stiff around the center and too dramatic, not natural enough. So i reverted back to raw settings which are very good and i didn't want to waste my time like i did in PC1.

    After buying a new 599XX EVO 30 Alcantara rim i thought by myself why not give JS custom files another try. This time i started with the standard low comp file because i don't like too much comp. I also changed my settings in the Thrustmaster control panel back to standard (75/100/100 instead of 100/100/100).

    When i tested them with several cars on several tracks, i was really surprised i liked them, even much more than the raw settings. So i'm gonna stay with your custom settings for now.
    What was the reason why i didn't like them at first but now i do ? I don't know, maybe my new wheel ? Maybe the different TMCP settings ? Maybe the standard low comp file ?

    Thanks Jack for your good work !

  3. #893
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,728
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoTTS View Post
    Hello Jack,
    I did try your settings for a while when PC2 was released but i was never happy about them, even after try to change some things. They always felt to stiff around the center and too dramatic, not natural enough. So i reverted back to raw settings which are very good and i didn't want to waste my time like i did in PC1.

    After buying a new 599XX EVO 30 Alcantara rim i thought by myself why not give JS custom files another try. This time i started with the standard low comp file because i don't like too much comp. I also changed my settings in the Thrustmaster control panel back to standard (75/100/100 instead of 100/100/100).

    When i tested them with several cars on several tracks, i was really surprised i liked them, even much more than the raw settings. So i'm gonna stay with your custom settings for now.
    What was the reason why i didn't like them at first but now i do ? I don't know, maybe my new wheel ? Maybe the different TMCP settings ? Maybe the standard low comp file ?

    Thanks Jack for your good work !
    Well, I΄m guessing the control panel back to standard probably did it for you. As mentioned on OP with the custom files FFB is severely stronger than with the SMS presets.
    System: Win 10 Pro , i7 8700k, MSI Z 370 Pro, 16 GB ram Gigabyte GTX 1080,, Fanatec CSW V2.5 (FW 317, Driver 292), CSP V2, Buttkicker/SimVibe

    PC 2 - Custom Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1358152
    PC 1 - V3.1.1 - FFB Tweaker Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post891198
    The following user likes this Post: RoccoTTS


  4. #894
    WMD Member McClusky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer_osg View Post
    Good term "micro rattles" because what I experience isn't cogging or clipping.
    I have a TS-PC and finally settled on Immersive with Vol 50 (usually), Tone 50 and FX 35-45 (car/track dependent)
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit – Samsung 850 Pro SSD – i7 6700k @ 4.4 – 8GB DDR4 RAM – Titan X (Pascal) – Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI – Triple 27" Hanns-G @ 5760x1080 – Modified Obutto Cockpit – TS-PC Racer – ClubSport Pedals v3 – TH8A Shifter – Buttkicker BKA 300 – Geko Systems GS-105 (G-Seat)

  5. #895
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    35
    Platform
    PC
    # Low Speed Filter Out -------------------------------
    (one_minus_floor (- 1.0 device_standstill_floor))
    (low_speec_scale ((+ device_standstill_floor (* one_minus_floor (crossover vel_mag 0.0 1.0)))))
    (Fx_scale (* Fx_scale low_speec_scale))
    (Mz_scale (* Mz_scale low_speec_scale))
    is "speec" a typo in the custom files? in the original file it states "speed".
    i5-2500 - gtx770 - csl elite ps4
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc


  6. #896
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    In and out
    Posts
    145
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah that's a typo, but it doesn't really matter. It's a local variable declared with that name and its usage is consistent...

    If it were declared as low_speec_scale and we later tried to use low_speed_scale (or vice versa) then we'd have a problem.

  7. #897
    Superkart Pilot FxUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    591
    Platform
    PC
    Hi @Jack Spade

    I have been using your files for PC2 almost since release and love most of the feeling, however, yesterday I stumbled upon (and tried) this, which seems to be done slightly different.

    # File by Niklas Silen
    http://www.racedepartment.com/thread...2#post-2591303

    Now, although I don't quite like the feel in general (weight shifting etc), I did notice that some effects are presented here that I just don't feel using your settings, nor do they show on the graph in telemetry.
    Mainly tyre scrub and brake locking with ABS off. (both appear as fairly high frequency waves on the telemetry graph)

    Using your files, I only get a left/right jerk when my speed is significantly reduced during heavy breaking, whereas with those files, I can physically feel the second the breaks lock.
    Likewise, if my car is sliding sideways, with your files, there is no feeling, its smooth, but with those files I can feel it clearly.

    I spent about 6 hours not knowing what everything really does, trying to bring these effects into your file and whilst I kind of do have a combination of both now, unfortunately I also have clipping (quite a lot when it comes to say Eau Rouge @ Spa), probably because I have done it all wrong with my lack of knowledge.

    I didn't think these effects existed (and really wanted them since day one). I don't feel them with vanilla FFB settings either, but now I know they do exist, I would love them from your files.
    Maybe it's wheel related (Thrustmaster TX) and maybe they just need a boost in your files, for this wheel.

    So, with that all out of the way, could you perhaps suggest how to bring out both these effects in your files?

    Edit: I notice, if I comment out this line
    (feel (spring feel device_filter_stiffness 0.4 1.0))

    The effects are present and extremely prominent, but things feel generally quite bad, so I am currently trying a few values here, although I don't understand any of it to be honest.
    Last edited by FxUK; 17-01-2018 at 20:07.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following user likes this Post: Raklodder


  8. #898
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by McClusky View Post
    I have a TS-PC and finally settled on Immersive with Vol 50 (usually), Tone 50 and FX 35-45 (car/track dependent)
    it feels better running the Ginetta Jr's with the TS-PC, thanks!!! Trying different Vol/Tone/FX but your base settings are a good starting point.

    I do like the stand low comp file better running some of the GT3/GTE/LMP etc.... bummer to go through a bunch of BS with the TS-PC on PC2 but got the wheel for $350 during xmas so shouldn't complain to much.
    Last edited by Gixxer_osg; 18-01-2018 at 04:20.

  9. #899
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,728
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by swsuk View Post
    Hi @Jack Spade

    I have been using your files for PC2 almost since release and love most of the feeling, however, yesterday I stumbled upon (and tried) this, which seems to be done slightly different.

    # File by Niklas Silen
    http://www.racedepartment.com/thread...2#post-2591303

    Now, although I don't quite like the feel in general (weight shifting etc), I did notice that some effects are presented here that I just don't feel using your settings, nor do they show on the graph in telemetry.
    Mainly tyre scrub and brake locking with ABS off. (both appear as fairly high frequency waves on the telemetry graph)

    Using your files, I only get a left/right jerk when my speed is significantly reduced during heavy breaking, whereas with those files, I can physically feel the second the breaks lock.
    Likewise, if my car is sliding sideways, with your files, there is no feeling, its smooth, but with those files I can feel it clearly.

    I spent about 6 hours not knowing what everything really does, trying to bring these effects into your file and whilst I kind of do have a combination of both now, unfortunately I also have clipping (quite a lot when it comes to say Eau Rouge @ Spa), probably because I have done it all wrong with my lack of knowledge.

    I didn't think these effects existed (and really wanted them since day one). I don't feel them with vanilla FFB settings either, but now I know they do exist, I would love them from your files.
    Maybe it's wheel related (Thrustmaster TX) and maybe they just need a boost in your files, for this wheel.

    So, with that all out of the way, could you perhaps suggest how to bring out both these effects in your files?

    Edit: I notice, if I comment out this line
    (feel (spring feel device_filter_stiffness 0.4 1.0))

    The effects are present and extremely prominent, but things feel generally quite bad, so I am currently trying a few values here, although I don't understand any of it to be honest.
    Regarding the scrub and brake part your reference file is identical to my alt files, it΄s an older code. But the main difference is a combination of Rack and Tire forces and the mix
    is balanced with the Tone slider, so Tone is not the standard Mz/Fy force balance anymore which is a big disadvantage IMO. The FFB difference between Rack and Tire forces is
    marginal and should not cause what you refer to.
    System: Win 10 Pro , i7 8700k, MSI Z 370 Pro, 16 GB ram Gigabyte GTX 1080,, Fanatec CSW V2.5 (FW 317, Driver 292), CSP V2, Buttkicker/SimVibe

    PC 2 - Custom Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1358152
    PC 1 - V3.1.1 - FFB Tweaker Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post891198

  10. #900
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Larisa
    Posts
    944
    Platform
    PC
    Is it really so hard to ask for a game that we don't have to mess with sliders ALL the time and per-car FFB is sorted from the car's conception? I m really getting tired of this slider simulation. Props to you Jack for sticking around as long as you have...
    Windows 10-64bit, Intel i2500, AMD R9 380 4GB, 8GB RAM, 40'' TV, Accuforce V2, Fanatec V3i pedals.

Similar Threads

  1. Jack Spade - FFB Tweaker Files
    By Jack Spade in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 4158
    Last Post: 21-09-2018, 11:45
  2. A PS4 for Jack Spade
    By spacepadrille in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-10-2017, 07:08
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-08-2015, 05:14
  4. Does jack spade files work on patch 2.0?
    By Trance in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-07-2015, 16:55
  5. Jack Spade
    By craste in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-05-2015, 07:21

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •