Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091

Thread: Jack Spade Custom FFB Files

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spade View Post
    Regarding the scrub and brake part your reference file is identical to my alt files, itīs an older code. But the main difference is a combination of Rack and Tire forces and the mix
    is balanced with the Tone slider, so Tone is not the standard Mz/Fy force balance anymore which is a big disadvantage IMO. The FFB difference between Rack and Tire forces is
    marginal and should not cause what you refer to.

You are right, in fact I think the problem is me.
    I was previously using the standard files, but just tried the alt one, with V:100, T:50, Fx:50 and the scrub etc is there too. I also reset my controller configs etc (deleting profile data, but only enough to reset controls/camera) and things feel a bit different (placebo?).

I think, what I may have done is reduced FX too much and lost tire scrub / brake lock, when what I really should have done is tried the alt files first, although, having never felt the scrub, I didn't realise it existed but was being tuned out, until the other night. I wanted less aggressive bumps, but I think this time I will try and achieve that by editing the ffb file instead, leaving in-game settings at 50/50 to get it where It feels right for me.

Thanks for the response.
    RWB Racing- In-Game: FxUK
    Platform: PC Hardware: Thrustmaster TX LE, G25 Pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK monitor. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe

The following user likes this Post: Reiche

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by swsuk View Post
    You are right, in fact I think the problem is me.
    I was previously using the standard files, but just tried the alt one, with V:100, T:50, Fx:50 and the scrub etc is there too. I also reset my controller configs etc (deleting profile data, but only enough to reset controls/camera) and things feel a bit different (placebo?).

I think, what I may have done is reduced FX too much and lost tire scrub / brake lock, when what I really should have done is tried the alt files first, although, having never felt the scrub, I didn't realise it existed but was being tuned out, until the other night. I wanted less aggressive bumps, but I think this time I will try and achieve that by editing the ffb file instead, leaving in-game settings at 50/50 to get it where It feels right for me.

Thanks for the response.
    No its probably not placebo. If you keep switching between profiles things get screwed up sometimes.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega PC Racer/T300 with Heusinkveld pro pedals / VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 3 users likes this Post: RaceNut, Reiche, swsuk

Platform
    PC
    I reset my settings today as well and could also feel rather big differences. I didn't test back to back, but after feeling unhappy with the alt files last night (just too much jolt), I switched to stan file as I read so much positive about it - and what should I say? Now I am basically able to feel the behavior mentioned by others. For example the guideline to set Tone to 50 as this should cause the forces to be even - regulations needed in single digit steps between the cars, whereas it wasn't that clear before.

It's hard to put the stuff I felt into words, but it definitely improved the FFB A LOT. It's really worth setting up things once again.
    Improved hardware (PC) + improved hardware (FFB + pedals) + improved driving skills - limited amount of time = less to no time for livery painting

Platform
    PC
    So, after not too much tweaking I think I have it feeling perfect (for me), although lots of races are now required to make sure.

Whereas previously, I had slightly altered the tone and drastically lowered the FX, using the std mid comp files, I now have them at v50 t50 fx50 but Instead, using the "alt mid comp" file.

I have simply changed the following two values, so I could leave in-game at defaults:

To: (output (* 2.1 volume output))

and

To: (road_scale (* 0.00005 1.0))

Oh and my Deadzone setting.

A higher road scale meant every detail in the roads wanted to break my wrist like driving through a huge pot hole when it was nothing more than a spec of dust, so previously I turned FX down to between 15-30, which also removed the scrub, but made the bumps bearable

Now, I still have all the brake locking / tyre scrub, kerbs still give it a good kick and road texture can still be felt but is not over-bearing. From the few cars / tracks I have just tried, the difference is amazing.
    Last edited by swsuk; 18-01-2018 at 22:09.
    RWB Racing- In-Game: FxUK
    Platform: PC Hardware: Thrustmaster TX LE, G25 Pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK monitor. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe

The following 2 users likes this Post: morpwr, poirqc

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiche View Post
    I reset my settings today as well and could also feel rather big differences. I didn't test back to back, but after feeling unhappy with the alt files last night (just too much jolt), I switched to stan file as I read so much positive about it - and what should I say? Now I am basically able to feel the behavior mentioned by others. For example the guideline to set Tone to 50 as this should cause the forces to be even - regulations needed in single digit steps between the cars, whereas it wasn't that clear before.

It's hard to put the stuff I felt into words, but it definitely improved the FFB A LOT. It's really worth setting up things once again.

I found it by switching profiles early on. I switched and went back and went what just happened this sucks now.lol Once it gets screwed up nothing makes it feel right.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega PC Racer/T300 with Heusinkveld pro pedals / VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiche View Post

It definitely can happen but, I don't know if it's the result of a specific trigger or if it's a cumulative effect of switching profiles over time (?).
    MSi Z270 Pro Mobo . CPU Intel i7 7700k . RAM 32GB . OS Windows 10 . GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti SC . Audio Creative ZX . Klipsch 4.1 Speakers / Sennheiser Headphones . Controller SimX AccuForce Pro / OSW Small Mige (SimuCube 10k) / HE-Pro Pedals / Fanatec CSS-SQ Shifter / Fanatec Hand-brake . Displays BenQ GW2760s (triples) / Oculus Rift Cv1 . Chassis Custom 80/20 frame . SimVibe / iNuke NU3000DSP amp / BK-LFE (Extensions Mode) / iNuke NU1000 / ADX Bass-Shakers X2 (Chassis Mode)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So if I've been switching between different custom files as well as the built in profiles for ffb, I understand there is a chance things are screwed up. What do I need to do to get things back to square one? Or what should I be doing in between switching between custom profiles and the built in ones?

Thanks!

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdude9 View Post
    So if I've been switching between different custom files as well as the built in profiles for ffb, I understand there is a chance things are screwed up. What do I need to do to get things back to square one? Or what should I be doing in between switching between custom profiles and the built in ones?

Thanks!
    I don't know of any definitive way to avoid it happening but, the solution (fix) is to delete the controller-profile.

Reset Controller Profile – if you experience odd FFB behavior
    • Make note of your current controller settings
    • Go to: Documents \ Project CARS 2 \ savegame \ (#folder) \ project cars 2 \ profiles
    • Delete: default.controllersettings.v#.sav
    • Start Pc2 and assign axis, buttons and configure controllers & FFB.
    MSi Z270 Pro Mobo . CPU Intel i7 7700k . RAM 32GB . OS Windows 10 . GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti SC . Audio Creative ZX . Klipsch 4.1 Speakers / Sennheiser Headphones . Controller SimX AccuForce Pro / OSW Small Mige (SimuCube 10k) / HE-Pro Pedals / Fanatec CSS-SQ Shifter / Fanatec Hand-brake . Displays BenQ GW2760s (triples) / Oculus Rift Cv1 . Chassis Custom 80/20 frame . SimVibe / iNuke NU3000DSP amp / BK-LFE (Extensions Mode) / iNuke NU1000 / ADX Bass-Shakers X2 (Chassis Mode)
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc