Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Spade Custom FFB Files

Platform
    PC
    Frankly, the RAW ffb setting is hard to beat in my opinion. Been tweaking the FFB a lot during development and almost always returned to what the RAW preset offers or something that is very close to it.

Anyhow, I hope custom FFB files can be implemented for the consoles as well.
    "EA Sports! It's in the crates!" - DammitSinged
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    The following 5 users likes this Post: bigal1000, F1_Racer68, Flerbizky, GTsimms, Rantam

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
    Frankly, the RAW ffb setting is hard to beat in my opinion. Been tweaking the FFB a lot during development and almost always returned to what the RAW preset offers or something that is very close to it.

Anyhow, I hope custom FFB files can be implemented for the consoles as well.
    How do you run your RAW?

Thanks,
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Informative 100/50/50/45
    The following user likes this Post: Mbondracing

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    g27\logitech wheels owners, what setting do you recommend for overall good ffb for all types of cars.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by amazed View Post
    Jack's back!

Now all we need is OscarOlim's wonderful website....
    Unless something changes in the game, unfortunately we won't be able to change things on console.
    But if that changes, so will my stance

Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 / F1 Rim / 599XX Rim / T3PA Pro / TH8A / Playseat Challenge / XBOX One 2.5TB

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    How do you run your RAW?

Thanks,
    Exactly as it is by default, except VOLUME which I tweak per car.

I think so many people are looking for FFB to "fix" their driving or the car setup.. in my opinion the RAW unfiltered output is showing very well what the car is doing. So if it feels "weird" I actually go into the car setup and change it until it doesn't feel weird. Magically this usually results in me getting better laptimes as well.

It is beneficial on cheaper wheels though to have some compression so this is where the custom files can help.. and if you are used to the way pCars 1 felt, then the custom files can get you closer to that (but never identical as majority of the "feel" comes from the updated physics).
    "EA Sports! It's in the crates!" - DammitSinged
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    The following 6 users likes this Post: beatrunner, Boskapongen, F1_Racer68, Mbondracing, poirqc, VelvetTorpedo

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I use the OSW as well. We have the issue of no bumpstop working sometimes with the new firmware. In the ffb text file there are some instructions about bumpstop but I do not know how to manage them to work.
    Could someone help me please.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I agree with you bmanic. Although I only tried a handful of cars, I have to say that Raw was the better feeling, probably because I didn't like what RaG was doing, giving out noise a bit too much. I tried both the "mid comp" files. I like the more constant weight that Raw provides. I do the same thing as you said, just map two buttons for increase and decrease volume and give it a couple of clicks if something feels too weak or strong. Works great so far.

My T300 (profile at 75%) settings are Raw / Volume 42-45 / Tone 50 / Fx 35 without too much testing. My only complaint is that the centre is a little loose, nothing major though, but if that was tighter it would feel even better. Prefectly drivable though.
    Windows 10-64bit, Intel i2500, AMD R9 380 4GB, 8GB RAM, 40'' TV, Accuforce V2, Fanatec V3i pedals.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Mbondracing, poirqc, ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by konnos View Post
    I agree with you bmanic. Although I only tried a handful of cars, I have to say that Raw was the better feeling, probably because I didn't like what RaG was doing, giving out noise a bit too much. I tried both the "mid comp" files. I like the more constant weight that Raw provides. I do the same thing as you said, just map two buttons for increase and decrease volume and give it a couple of clicks if something feels too weak or strong. Works great so far.

My T300 (profile at 75%) settings are Raw / Volume 42-45 / Tone 50 / Fx 35 without too much testing. My only complaint is that the centre is a little loose, nothing major though, but if that was tighter it would feel even better. Prefectly drivable though.
    Some of us agreed on this at WMD2!
    Last edited by GTsimms; 23-09-2017 at 00:17.
    Project CARS 2 T150 & T300 RS
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    The following user likes this Post: Mbondracing

Superkart Pilot
    Which comp is for OSW, high, low?
    Thx