Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [SOLVED] Game not detecting Logitech G27/G25

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello,
    first i'd like you to know i am the last known computer noob on this planet.
    I simply don't understand any of it and therefor use it most of the time as a typewriter.
    But now i have tried to use it as a game platform for the very first time.
    After racing LiveForSpeed for quiet a while i wanted to upgrade the performance, skills and fun by racing ProjectCars2.
    And there started my problem....

After my Google search a long list of experiences and questions appeared and finally brought me to this thread so i think you can guess my issues;
    PC2 doesn't recognise my G25 brake and clutch pedals!
    (throttle works so at least i can drive (sort of) oval races)

"... delete the file found in Documents / ProjectCars2 / savegames / (some numbers) / projectcars2 / profiles and the file is called " default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav " didn't do the trick.
    Not even after a restart of my computer.
    It actually brought me more problems because at first it didn't recognise the G25 wheel anymore (and also lost the throttle pedal).
    After lots of panic and smashing the keyboard it finally recognised the wheel again but the steering and pedals still don't work.
    (it says it got multiple inputs when i try to re-assign the buttons?)

What am i doing wrong here?
    Or is there somewhere a HOW2 for NOOBS to get my G25 working for PC2?
    (oh, forgot to mention the wheels still works fine for LFS)

Again, my wheel is a G25 (incl shifter)
    My computer is an i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz with a GTX1050 with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated VRAM, 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD and running on Windows10
    (I have no clue what this all means)

I hope someone can help me out since there are clearly many issues with the G25 combined with PC2, but it seems my knowledge is wayyyyyyyyy to short to get rid of this problem.
    Thanks in advanced.

p.s. English isn't my own language so sorry if i'm not clear to you.
    Just ask and i'll try to explane myself in other words.
    Greetings from the Netherlands.

first and foremost check the options in Steam

Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings -> untick all the options

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    first and foremost check the options in Steam

Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings -> untick all the options
    Thank you.
    Forgot to mention i did that already aswell.
    Didn't work.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I bought the game this evening and I've tried everything in this thread to get my G25 to work in PC2. I'm certain that Windows 10 is recognizing it properly as all the calibration tests outside the game work; but shortly after I launch PC2 through Steam, the wheel will rotate 180 degrees and be off-centered.

Does anyone know what is causing that? Very frustrated right now.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatermain View Post
    I bought the game this evening and I've tried everything in this thread to get my G25 to work in PC2. I'm certain that Windows 10 is recognizing it properly as all the calibration tests outside the game work; but shortly after I launch PC2 through Steam, the wheel will rotate 180 degrees and be off-centered.

Does anyone know what is causing that? Very frustrated right now.
    "Ok, my G25 is working now.... hidden at the bottom of the Control Scheme list of options is a "Reset to defaults" option. Selected this and restarted game, was then able to calibrate my G25."
    got this answer from this thread:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/37886...8909491/?ctp=1
    JUST RESETTING IT HELPED! Was just able to calibrate the wheel in the beginning

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagnard View Post
    Just wanted to say that I fixed my issue with the G25 not working by erasing C:\Users\"Your user name"\Documents\Project CARS 2 folder.
    I know this is old, but I ran into it while rebuilding my gaming machine. My PC2 default install is on another drive. Since I rebuilt C:, all other drives were fine. PC2 saw my old "Project Cars 2" folder and tried to use it. Fail. Deleting the "Project Cars 2" folder worked for me ... and fixed some VR niggles (bonus).
    G27, Playseats Evo, i7700/32GB/GTX1070, Oculas Rift CV1, Sony 55X900E, Mountain Dew

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagnard View Post
    Just wanted to say that I fixed my issue with the G25 not working by erasing C:\Users\"Your user name"\Documents\Project CARS 2 folder.
    Worked for me too, thanks!
    I have a G29 btw

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

G27 not working with PC2 Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    Thankss for posting back!
    From reading your post, I fixed my issue with the G27 not working by erasing C:\Users\"Your user name"\Documents\Project CARS 2 folder. Thank you.
    Nothing else had worked for me.