Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Thrustmaster TX FFB settings?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I thought I would add my FFB feedback.

I have found that turning the settings down quite a bit (i'll look what they are later) fixes the hard Jerking in a straight line. The problem I have is my FFb feels 'notchy'. I noticed it a lot when driving an indycar (road course). While turning for a long corner the wheel doesn't stay constant. It moves about. This is fine to an extent but it feels notchy and not very natural.
    Also when driving down a straight the centre of wheel is very light and as the wheel moves very slightly side to side and meets resistance it again bounces back to centre. Im finding it very hard to explain but Im sure this could be fixed by increasing the resistance at center. You can actually replicate it at a much faster rate in the menus by very lightly with one finger pushing the wheel onto the resistance. The wheel will vibrate. This is the same effect as the wheel has a deadzone in the ffb at center

Sorry if I have made a dogs dinner of explaining it.

TX btw
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Hefferzzzz, nissan4ever, Ochilbaz, Rockefelluh

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    My FFB settings so far..

Thrustmaster TX Xbox One*

Flavour: Informative
    Gain: 50
    Volume: 50
    Tone: 45
    FX: 35
    Menu Spring Strength: 0.02

I doesn't like my wheel to feel heavy and have to much road info, I aiming for more neutral and realistic feeling, but I think my settings still needs som fine tuning.
    Last edited by Ixoye56; 23-09-2017 at 21:39.
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE X Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by TKMSte66 View Post
    I thought I would add my FFB feedback.

I have found that turning the settings down quite a bit (i'll look what they are later) fixes the hard Jerking in a straight line. The problem I have is my FFb feels 'notchy'. I noticed it a lot when driving an indycar (road course). While turning for a long corner the wheel doesn't stay constant. It moves about. This is fine to an extent but it feels notchy and not very natural.
    Also when driving down a straight the centre of wheel is very light and as the wheel moves very slightly side to side and meets resistance it again bounces back to centre. Im finding it very hard to explain but Im sure this could be fixed by increasing the resistance at center. You can actually replicate it at a much faster rate in the menus by very lightly with one finger pushing the wheel onto the resistance. The wheel will vibrate. This is the same effect as the wheel has a deadzone in the ffb at center

Sorry if I have made a dogs dinner of explaining it.

TX btw
    This!

I had the same issue with Pcars1 and there was a setting that got rid of it but I cannot remember what it was. Unfortunately due to the lack of adjustments available in Pcars2 I don't think its going to be as easy to fix.

The best way to describe it is like being able to feel every single tooth on the belt, trying to hold a steady wheel through a long radius corner is impossible.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixoye56 View Post
    Anyone that have good Thrustmaster TX FFB settings to share?
    Raw
    100 - shouldn't adjust this
    49 - adjust this for weight of wheel
    Xbox One X
    TX wheel base - SparcoŽ R383 wheel
    T3PA peddels with bodin load cell
    TH8A Shifter with ricmo tech quick shift plate
    Playseat challenge
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports, firebert5, Ixoye56, leopcardoso, pjmad01, Twang

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsjester View Post
    Raw
    100 - shouldn't adjust this
    49 - adjust this for weight of wheel
    These settings made a huge difference for me and work great - thanks for posting!
    The following user likes this Post: Foolsjester

Platform
    XBOX1
    So guys the TX series of wheels ARE working in Pcars 2?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm having terrible problems with the wheel shuddering/oscillating. Imola is particularly bad. I'm going to try the above settings to see if they improve it.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixoye56 View Post
    My FFB settings so far..

Thrustmaster TX Xbox One*

Flavour: Informative
    Gain: 50
    Volume: 50
    Tone: 45
    FX: 35
    Menu Spring Strength: 0.02

I doesn't like my wheel to feel heavy and have to much road info, I aiming for more neutral and realistic feeling, but I think my settings still needs som fine tuning.
    Will try this when I get home. At this point I'm willing to try anything to get this game to feel even a little bit normal. Hopefully the left and right jitters my wheel is experiencing down straights will be resolved with a patch as it has been noted by many on the forum
    Gamertag: ItsDoomsday Setup: TX Leather Edtion, T3PA Pedals, TH8A Shifter, Openwheeler cockpit, 42 inch Vizio LED with Vizio sound bar, Satellite speakers and wireless Sub
    Favorite Road Course: Watkins Glen/ Favorite Oval: Dover International/ Favorite F1 Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Just picked up the tx pro leather wheel yesterday. Works good with pc2 so far.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Great work.. Big difference and am gaining huge chunks in lap times using these... Thank you so much for sharing!