Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] G25/G27 Problem Dead zone.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[RESOLVED] G25/G27 Problem Dead zone.

Hello,

I have a problem with my steering wheel G25. On straight line, I have no information in the steering wheel.
    There is only when I move a little the steering wheel from right to left on some millimeters that I feel something.
    On departure, it is similar, I have none information, I do not feel the brutality of the acceleration which can have Formula A

I tried with several cars, of roads, races, former and new, I always have this problem.

In PCars 1 there was a regulation to delete the dead zone, but I do not find him in this PCars 2 and it's a pity parce it is what could do that the FFB of PCars 2 is almost perfect.
    Last edited by Gsx31; 24-09-2017 at 07:03.

Platform
    PC
    Did you check Jack Spade's files?
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ght=jack+spade
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 8600K@5GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-p
    | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 GoodRam Iridium 2400Mhz | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL887 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900║
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello,

Yes, I tried with the file ffb_custom_settings - stan hi comp of Jack Spade.

I took Porshe GT3 on Fujy but in a straight line, there is no information, the slightest small vibration in the steering wheel.

It's a pity because after the FFB is really not bad.

I saw on this comment that on the version PC we could always modify a file, but me does not understand(include) or is file, and what it is necessary to modify. (I am French)
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1356902

I give you my regulations FFB

BRUT
    100 80 50 70 50

I specify that I made the calibration of the steering wheel
    Last edited by Gsx31; 23-09-2017 at 05:14.

WMD Member
    Same here, on pcars 1 this dead zone could be better with a gain just above 100% (i have 105 on pcars1 and it works fine), and some modification on the "plage de suppression de zone morte" (sorry this is the name in french)
    Too bad we can't have the same on pcars2.
    On assetto corsa an option "minimum force" is used for that. Could be good to have this too

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Solved problem. I found that it was necessary to modify the files of Jack Spade to find the regulation of the abolition of the dead zone.

It is also necessary to settle the Profile to PresonnalisÚ so that the regulations of the file Jack Spade are taken into account

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1360832
    Last edited by Gsx31; 24-09-2017 at 06:59.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsx31 View Post
    Solved problem. I found that it was necessary to modify the files of Jack Spade to find the regulation of the abolition of the dead zone.

It is also necessary to settle the Profile to PresonnalisÚ so that the regulations of the file Jack Spade are taken into account

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1360832
    Thanks this solved the problem, but i when theses lines are modified, i found the "feeling" is not as good as it was.
    I have it working fine now, just changing to "immersive" instead of customized (or even raw for testing). gain 100% and all options to 50% and the last one (the only with no help ) to 1
    I find this very good, and .. with this i have no more deadzone and driving is very nice.

thanks for the help.
    Last edited by StefB; 26-09-2017 at 12:11. Reason: new test

WMD Member
    New test ... humm depending on settings and cars i loose the force on straight line, (i made many laps each time to confirm) sometimes ,and more often, nothing, sometimes a few heavy, too bad, because i find the ffb is on the other way very good
    Looking at the ffb informations in the hud, i see that no force is apllied at all. (haven't checked in some cases where there's suddenly a heavy force when going straitght )
    I read some forums , and it seems whe are some people in this case. is this a know problem ?
    Note i use on the same pc other racing games and don't have this problem, except in assetto corsa if i don't use 15% minimum force.

Thanks for reading

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello,

The problem does not come from the regulation of the dead zone, it is due to the fact that certain tracks have a surface so smooth as a mirror.
    I did not make out a will to them all, but there would be apparently, 35 tracks with a bad surface

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spade View Post
    All laser scanned tracks and a few others have enough road feel and yes unfortunately quite a few none laser scanned tracks seem a bit boring, that┤s why we now have the artificial
    road noise feature which is present in the standard files. In WMD forum I often plead to give those tracks in question the nice micro bump treatment of the PC1 DLC tracks, as you
    can see now no success.
    There is a thing that I have a little of evil to be understood.
    How were they able to take out a game with so many tracks as smoother as a mirror, on whom have has any felt on straight line?

Any person who knows how to make a track for games as Assetto Corsa, Rfactor, Automobolista ... etc. at his home at the house, will manage to make a track with some asphalt which looks like some asphalt, with microbump.

In all other games, there is/are not only scanned tracks, nevertheless in the great majority of the cases, they have all microbump.

For me it is an excellent game. He is much better than PCars 1. But there are really far too many tracks, on which have more wants to run because they are too smooth.
    I hope that they are very quickly going to correct

Yes I went from Knockhill to Donington and was very disappointed at track feel at Donington, some cars are also worse than others and when you get a bad combo you feel nothing.
    System: i5 750 @ 3.4GHz (currently stock 2.66GHz), 16GB RAM, (GTX680 GPU RIP) ,GTX 1060, Gigabyte GA/P55-UD5 Logitech G25 wheel (Falling apart),win7 64/ Win XP 32 SP3, all drivers upto date.

WMD Member
    Hello,

The problem does not come from the regulation of the dead zone, it is due to the fact that certain tracks have a surface so smooth as a mirror.
    I did not make out a will to them all, but there would be apparently, 35 tracks with a bad surface
    Ok thanks you, i made tests a first on a track (don't remember the one) , the the next day on another (sugo), i'll try again, and if you're right, it means jack spades files or wait for a patch ...
    Last edited by StefB; 26-09-2017 at 19:47.