Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Stutter Fix

Platform
    PC
    A lot of these issues sound like either graphics drivers or cpu threshold. Adding system specs to sigs would help others to help. Using monitoring software like afterburner would also help. Disabling 3rd party antivirus is also a good idea, as is turning down the number of ai if you have older hardware.
    STEAM ID: Amnesia Haze MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 CPU: Intel i5 2500k (OC'd to 4.4Ghz) GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080 8 GB
    RAM: 4 x Corsair 4GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM (16GB) PSU: Seasonic X 660KM DISPLAYS: 3 x Dell 23" 1080p monitors
    Fanatec CSR wheel & CSR Elite pedals

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    If you suffer from weird stuttering, judder, stroboscope effect in turns when camera moves around quickly, here's the solution that worked for me.
    After trying everything to fix that annoyance I used same trick that worked in pCars1.
    1) Turn Vsync off in game
    2) Force Adaptive Vsync in video driver
    3) Add the following launch options in Steam game properties -fpscap 63
    (Also Try 62.8 see this post (#25), not 100% sure though if 62.8 vs 63 makes a difference, could be placebo, but it does look smoother, not worse for sure )

You can even set prerendered frames to 1, it's still smooth and doesn't tax GPU as much plus eliminates input lag.

Finally, butter smooth gameplay.

P.S. It wouldn't help if your GPU can't keep up, only if you get that stuttering at otherwise stable 60fps.

Attachment 241896
    You sir are the man, the slight stutters on my 1080ti were killing me at 4k this completely fixed them and now its butter smooth thanks alot!!
    The following user likes this Post: Andrew_WOT

Platform
    PC
    Hi all,

I'm following this discussion for a long time now. My issue with the stuttering is changing in severeness from time to time. But what makes me wonder is, why does this only happen when playing Project Cars 2 online? And also not in all online races. Also all other games I play as well online as offline, are not having this issue at all. When playing Project Cars 2 offline with exactly the same settings/drivers/etc. the graphics are 100% perfect, while it keeps on stuttering (mainly in corners) playing online.

Does anyone have an answer to that question? (Couldn't find one in this thread.)

Thanks in advance,
    Ni-Dalap

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It's mainly because PCARS2 puts way more strain to the CPU than any other racing game or sim, so it makes in a lot easier to overheat (not just the CPU, but that can become a problem in any part of the motherboard). Also it is designed to use extremely low memory from what it does, I assume in order to be able to run also in system with very low RAM, so it loads a lot of things on demand. So if there's a crash somewhere in the track, that "crash" sound gets loaded at that moment, which can lead to stutter. It's reasons like this mainly.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    ...so it loads a lot of things on demand. So if there's a crash somewhere in the track, that "crash" sound gets loaded at that moment, which can lead to stutter. It's reasons like this mainly.
    It would be explainable in this way, when it also occurred when playing offline. But what makes this a weird issue, is: it doesn't happen offline, it only happens when playing online against other players. So, what exactly causes this stuttering when playing online. Is it increasing CPU load more with live players instead of AI? (P.S. Using CPU i7, 16GB ram and GTX1060 (6GB)). CPU load measured in those cases is not coming above 70%.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ni-Dalap View Post
    It would be explainable in this way, when it also occurred when playing offline. But what makes this a weird issue, is: it doesn't happen offline, it only happens when playing online against other players. So, what exactly causes this stuttering when playing online. Is it increasing CPU load more with live players instead of AI? (P.S. Using CPU i7, 16GB ram and GTX1060 (6GB)). CPU load measured in those cases is not coming above 70%.
    In online, there's the overhead of managing connections to other players, handling people joining and leaving etc. Also I suspect there are different rules regarding what the game pre-loads in memory in offline and online, because in offline it knows from the beginning of the race what it will need, but in online there's the chance that somebody will join with a different livery, different car etc. It's possible that loads more stuff on demand, than in offline. Just speculation of course, but it must be something like that.

Btw, do you have maybe UDP enabled in the game "System" settings? This is infamous for often causing such problems, especially online (since it puts a lot ofadditional strain on the router).
    Last edited by cpcdem; 06-09-2019 at 21:20.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    In online, there's the overhead... Btw, do you have maybe UDP enabled in the game "System" settings? This is infamous for often causing such problems, especially online (since it puts a lot ofadditional strain on the router).
    First of all, thanks for replying to my questions. Much appreciated!

Yesterday first I played an online game on Spa with around 25 other players. During that race not once I was confronted with stuttering of any kind. Directly after that I played another online game (exactly the same settings) with about the same amount of other players, but then I had massive stuttering during the race (not during quali ). The main difference between the both games was the fact that there were at least three drivers with really bad internet connections driver in front of me in a pack of cars. So, I guess bad ping times of other players will play a major rol causing this issue.

Regarding the UDP, I set that to "off" already, because I read that already in another posting.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Yes, a bad ping of one player in the lobby can provoke shuttering to all the rest. But even worse is unstable connection (ping fluctuating).
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list