Page 1 of 183 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: On the topic of AI

Superkart Pilot

On the topic of AI

I can deal with the overly aggressive and unaware AI to some extent, but I don't have to like it, but when they are unable to compete against me in the wet, rain and snow at 120% skill and 100% aggression, that's a game breaker and on snow it's the worst, where I can lap them with my gamepad and had it not been for the fact that I want to love Project Cars (2), then I would have rightfully refunded my game, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

If you could be so kind to give us an ETA on the next patch or anything AI related, that would go a long way of putting my mind at ease, not having to continuously ask for help and an update.
    The following user likes this Post: Coyote66

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Raklodder View Post

I can deal with the overly aggressive and unaware AI to some extent, but I don't have to like it, but when they are unable to compete against me in the wet, rain and snow at 120% skill and 100% aggression, that's a game breaker and on snow it's the worst, where I can lap them with my gamepad and had it not been for the fact that I want to love Project Cars (2), then I would have rightfully refunded my game, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

If you could be so kind to give us an ETA on the next patch or anything AI related, that would go a long way of putting my mind at ease, not having to continuously ask for help and an update.
    We plan to keep polishing AI for at least next 6 months with dedicated staff. Each patch we ship will have AI work in it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Another problem i experience with the AI is that the difficulty varies from track to track. On track A i it's 2 seconds faster on skill level 80, on track B it is 2 seconds slower on skill level 100. That makes the career pretty useless because you have to change the difficulty all the time and then it's not a career but randomly arranged races.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hugopro4 View Post
    Another problem i experience with the AI is that the difficulty varies from track to track. On track A i it's 2 seconds faster on skill level 80, on track B it is 2 seconds slower on skill level 100. That makes the career pretty useless because you have to change the difficulty all the time and then it's not a career but randomly arranged races.
    you do realise in reality some drivers are really good on some tracks and on others they can struggle...it's the same for us players too, even tracks I love I just cannot go as fast as I want, add in all the variables that PC2 now simulates to further muddy the water you get a scenario where one ai setting is just not going to work.
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    We plan to keep polishing AI for at least next 6 months with dedicated staff. Each patch we ship will have AI work in it.
    Fantastic news
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE X Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2
    The following user likes this Post: Raklodder

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    you do realise in reality some drivers are really good on some tracks and on others they can struggle...it's the same for us players too
    Unfortunately, that explanation won't cut it.
    That some players and AI performance may vary from track to track, that's ok as long as it's not like in PC1 white the 1st in one race was last in the next making the championship easily winnable without any win in a race.

But here, it's not just a few drivers having difficulties, losing a few tenths a lap, no it's all of them with a couple of seconds).

Just did the Ginetta G40 UK season in the career, and you never know what level of performance to expect from them.
    Thankfully, that car was a blast to drive on those track, and I was having a big smile despite the lack of unfair competition.
    OS: Win10 x64 | CPU: i5 4690K OC@4.4GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme OC@1500MHz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 | Controller: Logitech G25 + Nixim mod v2 (brake) | Display: HTC Vive | Sound: Virtual 7.1 Headset | Launch options: none | Visual settings
    The following 10 users likes this Post: -carbo-, Andy Jackson, ECAR_Tracks, FZA, hugopro4, JDFSSS, Jezza819, Nint, Raklodder, SpeedLimitUnknown

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hugopro4 View Post
    Yeah, with the Ginetta career it's balanced from me being dead last to being ahead with ease(rain). All on the same setting. And they can also be a lot slower in the race than in Q(without skip to end mind you) But still I love how these guys race now. They really feel alive and willing to fight, while keeping very fair. IMHO more fun than online!
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Car Physics and AI
    Quote Originally Posted by Raklodder View Post

As Ian mentioned, we're going through all the tracks again right now for consistency of speed. While this will never be perfect, there is definitely room for improvement in a good number of tracks. I'm personally trying to be as focused as possible on this task. I'm keeping an eye on car differences too, but this i much less of an issue. Also there's been some general AI fixes for future patches that have affected this directly and have had a blanket improvement. One was a change in the AI's ABS system which was causing longer braking distances and especially causing turn 1 race start pileups. Road cars with big power benefitted most. Secondly we found some problems with the snow and Ice slowdowns that were overdone, so you should see snow and ice driving more balanced.
    And not AI related, but along with the snow/Ice fixing we sorted the Players studded tire grip that was so low on some cars. Don't ask what patch this all will be in cause' I don't exactly know. Enjoy the game everyone !

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I have problem with RX AI, they are so slow atleast on some tracks. And I do mean REALLY slow. First race in the lowest RX class att DirtFish Mill Run Course att AI 120% difficulty. I beat them by 12secs in my heat, 12secs on a 4lap race where I did have 1 spin with laps that takes less then 1minute on max difficulty...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I understand that games require a certain amount a tweaking after release, but at this level, I find this unacceptable. I've been experiencing the exact same thing as Schadows, where I'm destroying them in the wet with the Ginetta Junior, and being humiliated at other times. I'm either 3 seconds ahead in first in qualy, of 3 seconds down in last.
    Career mode in unplayable because of this. Considering the focus on single player of the much advertised carreer mode and the experience form Project CARS 1, I find this maddening.
    Oh and that Skip To End bug where AIs put in ridiculous times is getting old. It's 2017 people, that kind of behaviour was understandable 15 years ago, now no. Just NO.
    And no accelerate time either... Come on.