Page 116 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1665

Thread: On the topic of AI

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    Would you like to mention which class or specific car ?
    This was GT3, but because of the variety of cars in that class a better example would be the Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo career. Its much easier to notice when all cars are exactly the same, keep AI under 80 so they are using default tunes (which I am using). Just follow them and you will not be able to take certain corners as sharply as they can, Im not at home so I forget which tracks in that career series might fit the criteria but I will look next time. Miight be Silverstone.

For GT3, it was the corner after the carousel on Road America. I was in the Ferrari 488, which is true doesnt turn in as well as some of the other cars - and you add the incredible rain driving AI on top of that, its not as good of an example. I wonder if me having AI aggression at 100 compounds the issue, but I like their behavior fighting for positions at that level but I know it also makes them faster from testing it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by yannara View Post
    I dont see that in GT3. They race as fast as in qualify. It would be natural, that in race AI would be slower, because racing for long time makes it harder than just one quick lap.
    Im sorry but that is not the case. They are always faster in quali but loose several seconds lap time in race conditions and that is a problem.
    The following user likes this Post: chastewand

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    I can answer that with a starter example. Brands hatch indy Clio cup. At higher ai levels they whizz around paddock in 5th gear all the way to druids. I was trying to learn how they could take certain corners faster than me by using their cockpit views in monitor view. They slow down slightly but its just not possible for a human driver to take corner in 5th at high speed at the speeds they manage it!
    I created a thread called Sloppys fast and stable tunes and every single career race from beginner up I have been tuning the cars and also rating the ai to give a performance close to that of the fastest human drivers in time trial. The Clio ai changes drastically every race as you can see in my reviews within that thread. Other series such as formula rookie are much more reliable and credit to the devs for working on that. Almost every race you can set ai at 100/100 and in qualifying and race their best times will be within just 1 second slower than the ps4 time trial records. Which is incredibly consistent compared to real world timing and makes for a really fun series. You may want to check the thread out if you need post patch 5 ratings of ai career races. A different kind of example would be sakitto sprint in the rain. Puddles often form in corners. On the straights you just lift off the gas and you're fine but if you do that during a corner the ai will instantly smack you off the track for hesitating as its the corners they move in to pass you at any chance. Lowering aggression can solve this somewhat. I had to lower aggression to 50 at sugo as my car would only take corners if i drifted them due to some tire issue. Slicks in that race are no fun at all. So the ai would always knock me off the track until I lowered aggression. I spend sometimes up to eight hours testing each track /series so I don't move on until every thing is solved or documented.
    excellent post, I'm glad someone more detail oriented with useful information was able to back this up (as reading my post again just sounded like a frustrated career player). Anyone who has progressed far enough in career has to notice this though. Just drive Snetterton and Oulton Park with a perfect AI level for your skill, then drive Spa and Road America and you should notice a big difference in AI if you are consistent at each track. It should be all the same car, preferably one with understeer or at least not one with oversteer, default tunes.

For the record, I do not care about adjusting AI for each series or car I use - obviously all cars cannot be perfectly balanced to one user AI baseline. I only care about finding a competitive AI level for a car, and being able to use it for all tracks in career without seeing anything too crazy. I do not want to win every race (in fact I hate being in 1st in this game), I just want each race to be in the same ballpark competitively. Same with weather changes. If it gets to that point, I will be thrilled.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ginger McAle, sloppysmusic

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueflight View Post
    Im sorry but that is not the case. They are always faster in quali but loose several seconds lap time in race conditions and that is a problem.
    AI are faster in quali in terms of lap time. I believe its by design. IRL quali laps are a bit faster than race pace. Especially at the start of a race. Cars get quicker as the race goes on, until the tires start going off.

Depending on the car, class, and your own setup it can be problematic. I think the time difference between quali and race is around 2 seconds for GT3. I normally have a quali setup with light fuel and a race setup which creates roughly the same time difference between my quali lap times and my lap times at the start of the race.

I find if I have AI around 86 I qualify in the top 6 and can race AI as my fuel get lighter.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have to say that I've noticed a drop in quality of the AI since the last patch. It used to be fun racing against them. But last night it looked like a Forza 7 public lobby. Maybe it's just Brno because Laguna Seca was fine. Class was GTE. I raced the Porsche 911. I set it to start in 6th out of 20. On start one cars were flying in the air at turn one, and I got knocked off the circuit and out of the race. Restart. This time rolling start. Same deal except I went off the track on the inside and ended up in 15th. The scene in front was brutal. I think the best strategy is to start in 21st and wait for the Moses Effect. Ironically I had the aggression dropped to 30 because I'd been racing formula cars. Maybe next time I'll start last and have full damage turned on and just race against the survivors. Yes, penalties are turned on. It's like something is broken. The AI dive bombs like I've never seen. They pit maneuver. Of course they instantly reset while you have to wait until you're dead last before the reset button works. So Brno. GTE. Is it just my game or has anyone else had this?
    Last edited by julia-6; 16-05-2018 at 09:10.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by julia-6 View Post
    I have to say that I've noticed a drop in quality of the AI since the last patch. It used to be fun racing against them. But last night it looked like a Forza 7 public lobby. Maybe it's just Brno because Laguna Seca was fine. Class was GTE. I raced the Porsche 911. I set it to start in 6th out of 20. On start one cars were flying in the air at turn one, and I got knocked off the circuit and out of the race. Restart. This time rolling start. Same deal except I went off the track on the inside and ended up in 15th. The scene in front was brutal. I think the best strategy is to start in 21st and wait for the Moses Effect. Ironically I had the aggression dropped to 30 because I'd been racing formula cars. Maybe next time I'll start last and have full damage turned on and just race against the survivors. Yes, penalties are turned on. It's like something is broken. The AI dive bombs like I've never seen. They pit maneuver. Of course they instantly reset while you have to wait until you're dead last before the reset button works. So Brno. GTE. Is it just my game or has anyone else had this?
    Brno specifically, I had the exact same experience in the GT3 Career race at Brno. It was a T1 complete mess no matter how many times I re-started.
    I did try the same race just using Custom Event, and it was fine. So in my case it was the definitely Brno track, but only in career GT3.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    The following user likes this Post: julia-6

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    Brno specifically, I had the exact same experience in the GT3 Career race at Brno. It was a T1 complete mess no matter how many times I re-started.
    I did try the same race just using Custom Event, and it was fine. So in my case it was the definitely Brno track, but only in career GT3.
    Sad because it's one of my favorite tracks.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftee View Post
    excellent post, I'm glad someone more detail oriented with useful information was able to back this up (as reading my post again just sounded like a frustrated career player). Anyone who has progressed far enough in career has to notice this though. Just drive Snetterton and Oulton Park with a perfect AI level for your skill, then drive Spa and Road America and you should notice a big difference in AI if you are consistent at each track. It should be all the same car, preferably one with understeer or at least not one with oversteer, default tunes.

For the record, I do not care about adjusting AI for each series or car I use - obviously all cars cannot be perfectly balanced to one user AI baseline. I only care about finding a competitive AI level for a car, and being able to use it for all tracks in career without seeing anything too crazy. I do not want to win every race (in fact I hate being in 1st in this game), I just want each race to be in the same ballpark competitively. Same with weather changes. If it gets to that point, I will be thrilled.
    With Road America I've started out in two different tiers (formula A I think and indy) at AI 100/100, way off the AI in time (like up to 5 seconds), and after a few days practice I'm able to get close to the fastest times with my potential time on pole if I can put together a perfect lap.

It's the kind of track I can't just jump on and run well, but after some practise I'll start to get a good rhythm. Both times I've started off thinking the AI were cheating.

I totally agree you don't have to get first in every race. If they are faster than me, then i use it as an excuse to push myself to beat them anyway.

On Road America, part of the problem could be that the track gets messy very fast. There is a lot of dirt and gravel that gets pulled on to the track by the AI right away. Try to either get out before them or wait for space so you aren't right behind them on the out lap. If you are behind them on the out lap, you'll see them dip wheels off track to get out of your way (even if you're on out lap too) and they bring so much debris on. It affects your grip but doesn't affect theirs.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Just completed Ginetta Juniors career phase on 100% difficulty, 60% aggression.

AI pace is spot on. No changes needed in this regard, wet included. All races the AI was within a second or so of my time, or I within a second or so of theirs. Excellent racing, and it felt like the victories were fought for.

Thanks Doug for the tweaks you made to this series.

I'm now moving on to the Formula C- using the sports tyres for obvious reasons. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ng-(Formula-C)
    I'll report back in a week or so..
    The following 3 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Maskmagog, sloppysmusic

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by julia-6 View Post
    Same feeling after patch #5