Page 138 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1658

Thread: On the topic of AI

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    That's weird I had BigDad try it too and he had the same results as me at 120 you couldn't keep up. You were close but they were just a little bit to fast. He normally runs at 110 with the ai so I had him try it there also and he was right where he normally is. I have reinstalled pcars a couple times since it came out though because things get screwed up after updates like in pcars1 that you cant fix. You might be on to something though with why everyone doesn't get the same results with the ai.
    Yeah I used to get wrist and fingers ache. But that's when I was using the DS4 pad. Then I got a wheel and my wrists and fingers thanked me. I could never go back to racing with a pad again.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    Yeah I used to get wrist and fingers ache. But that's when I was using the DS4 pad. Then I got a wheel and my wrists and fingers thanked me. I could never go back to racing with a pad again.
    I always played Forza on a pad and never had issues, but now I use a wheel they ache like a lot. FFB wasn't that high really but I have lowered it and moved the wheel a bit closer. I think I was bending my wrists too much when turning. Watching Pro's they tend to raise there elbows more and keep the wrist straight.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Use your arms and shoulders more, wheel should be high not low and close to you not far
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Gav88888, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav88888 View Post
    I always played Forza on a pad and never had issues, but now I use a wheel they ache like a lot. FFB wasn't that high really but I have lowered it and moved the wheel a bit closer. I think I was bending my wrists too much when turning. Watching Pro's they tend to raise there elbows more and keep the wrist straight.
    The other thing to watch for is make sure youre actually using both hands. I know it sounds dumb but its an easy habit to get into yanking the wheel down into a turn. So youre mostly using one hand even though both are on the wheel. If youre doing that it takes some practice but you can untrain yourself if your aware youre doing it. You want to push the wheel into a corner not pull down.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: Gav88888

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    The other thing to watch for is make sure youre actually using both hands. I know it sounds dumb but its an easy habit to get into yanking the wheel down into a turn. So youre mostly using one hand even though both are on the wheel. If youre doing that it takes some practice but you can untrain yourself if your aware youre doing it. You want to push the wheel into a corner not pull down.
    Yeah I noticed I do that as well and im now consciously trying to push and not pull. I used to pull in all corners and usually with my right - probably habit from driving a manual in real life and also using h shifter in game with older cars.
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav88888 View Post
    Yeah I noticed I do that as well and im now consciously trying to push and not pull. I used to pull in all corners and usually with my right - probably habit from driving a manual in real life and also using h shifter in game with older cars.
    Same here once I realized I was doing it. Took me a few weeks to break the habit.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I raced the ferrari 512 and the Porsche 917 at Bannochbrae and compared this to a race against a gt3 car.

I won them all, but it was notable that the gt3 took more restarts, more fiddling and much more concentration to gain a win at max AI compared to the vintage formula.

The Ferrari also does appear to have an edge over the Porsche, when you can keep it on the track. I think experienced tuners may be able to improve on my porsche time as that car does feel too stable and harder to turn in.

The more I play that vintage formula the more convinced I am that vintage tyres may yet appear. I also notice that the track tyres for the class are poor in the wet, so perhaps as with vint f1 the vintage tyres will improve rain driving.

Edit - The best times for the gt3 are about 0.3s faster than the ferrari best lap with race times similar too. Those two classes together could be interesting. The older cars had awful brakes compared to the gt3 but faster top end and less grip, that could make for interesting racing.

GT3, very close with AI.

Porsche 917, comfortable win, as with Ferrari but 4 s slower.

Ferarri, comfortable win.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 15-06-2018 at 13:08. Reason: added fertrari vid.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    XBOX1
    Just ran a 10 lapper round Le Mans using GT4 Mustang in the rain AI are slow even at 120 difficulty,I was 10 seconds faster with a time of 4:45 AI was doing about 4:55.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: giulianbu, rosko

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerboy555 View Post
    Just ran a 10 lapper round Le Mans using GT4 Mustang in the rain AI are slow even at 120 difficulty,I was 10 seconds faster with a time of 4:45 AI was doing about 4:55.
    What were the full conditions? Time, date, and the actual weather you used?
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    What were the full conditions? Time, date, and the actual weather you used?
    Heavy rain/start time was 2.00 pm/date:16/6/18.