Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1557

Thread: On the topic of AI

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Protomorph View Post
    Hi there. I have noticed that the ai increases difficulty building unreally too much speed on the straights, not by beeing faster mid and corner exit, and in many cases, whith wrong trajectories or not taking the full lenght of the track.
    For the most part, that is correct. As you increase the AI strength, they will adjust a few things on the car mainly for low downforce tracks (lower aero, longer gear ratios, etc) which does make them faster in a straight but not necessarily faster in a corner.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    For TC, AI 70% was perfrect for me, I competed for pole but stayed just behind me and if any mistake happend, I loose the place. With GT4, I ran off 5 sec during the race. I guess its normal you have to adjust the difficulty based in different series?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    For the most part, that is correct. As you increase the AI strength, they will adjust a few things on the car mainly for low downforce tracks (lower aero, longer gear ratios, etc) which does make them faster in a straight but not necessarily faster in a corner.
    This is bad news. I know that other racing games attend to rice AI level based on the performance specificly on corners. If your statement is true, it means that AI in pCars is lot worse than in other sim games.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by yannara View Post
    For TC, AI 70% was perfrect for me, I competed for pole but stayed just behind me and if any mistake happend, I loose the place. With GT4, I ran off 5 sec during the race. I guess its normal you have to adjust the difficulty based in different series?
    My guess is that you're simply better in FWD cars. I don't really have to adjust AI difficulty at all, no matter if I drive LMP1, GT3, GTE, GT4 or Indycars for example.

This is bad news. I know that other racing games attend to rice AI level based on the performance specificly on corners. If your statement is true, it means that AI in pCars is lot worse than in other sim games.
    It's a mix of both really. From 0-80 the AI cornering speed and braking points will improve and above 80 it'll adjust its setup on top of that.
    I don't see how this is worse than what the AI in other games is doing.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: yannara

Platform
    PC
    No, that means that PC2 doesn't artificially just "add grip" to the AI to make them faster which is an old and dated technique. Technically, something like that still happens to some degree but that's when you go above 100 on strength. Up to 100, it will use what the car/tires are capable.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: Urban Chaos 2.0

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Classic F1 AI performance question

I've been messing around with the classic F1 cars and I've noticed something that I find a little odd... In the older cars without wings, like the Lotus 49, the AI seems to be very slow, particularly in fast bends. Whereas with the cars with wings, like the Lotus 79, the AI is slower through tight corners but seems to have way more grip than me through the fast bends.

Here's a video of me doing a couple of 2 lap races against the standard AI at the Red Bull Ring in the Lotus 49 ad Lotus 78. In the 49 I'm a lot faster than the AI on default stable setup and with the 78, with the loose setup, I start off fine but lose massive amounts of front-end grip against that AI through the fast esses in the middle of the lap, and then catch them back up through the slower turns 1 and 3. Both races were run with the default speed and aggression settings.

Anyone know why the AI in the 78 seems to be glued to the track in the fast bends but I'm not able to stay with them? Is the game simulating dirty air reducing front end grip for me? If so, then why doesn't it affect the AI to the same level?

You'll notice that it's much worse on lap 2 at 7:40 with the Lotus 78, it's almost like I don't have a front wing or temperature in the front tyres, but the AI fly around there like they're glued to the track.

If anything I think the Lotus 49 AI needs to be quicker in the fast bends and the Lotus 78 needs to be slower to balance it all out a bit more.

Last edited by PeteUplink; 10-07-2018 at 19:48.

Platform
    PC
    GT4, no assits, tires set to auto by weather.

Practise, light rain, me 4-5 sec behind everyone, I'm last.
    Quality, heavy rain, me 1st.
    AI difficulty was not changed.

Platform
    PC
    The AI being slower in heavier rain is known.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: yannara, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Did some more testing in the Lotus 49 and 78 at Silverstone Classic. In the 49 on default difficulty with the stable setup, I'm 3 seconds a lap faster than the AI in the dry. In the 78, with the same setup and difficulty, I'm 3 seconds off the pace. I'm okay in the first sector, but I cannot stay with them once we get into the fast corners as I just suffer massive understeer and they fly around there like they're on rails. It's either the AI are too quick in the 78 or there's some major physics problem going on.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    The AI being slower in heavier rain is known.
    I hope this gets treatment eventually. I ran couple of races with Group A cars at Snetterton today (100 skill, 100 aggression). I got a very good challenge on the dry, but in the wet all AI were 2 seconds off the pace (even after they had pitted). Last time I did Donington and Oulton Park they were the same. I cannot think of stock cars in Britain without the occasional spray of water for authenticity, so IMHO Group A series takes the biggest hit from this.
    Intel i7-6900K 3.2@4.4 GHz | Asus X99-A USB3.1 | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia Titan X (Pascal) | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | SST Lightning H-shifter | Oculus Rift CV1 | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4