Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1818

Thread: On the topic of AI

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    LMP 3 career

Sakito

Practice 1

After 5 mins of running in practice 1 the AI are crashing at turn 1 persistently. Almost every car on every fast lap. Then they go back to the pit, come out no problems then hot lap, rinse and repeat. I checked their tyres and they are running the same as me.

Probably worth a look..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Much careful AI... There should be a ton of room behind me. They seem terrified of formula X, I am somehow 5 seconds quicker than a 100% strong AI at "azure".

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Watkin Glen
    AI 100%
    GTA

This is another track where the AI have amazing traction, from turn 1 they are accelerating very quickly up through the esses on through turns 4,5 and 6. Then it levels back out a bit, but from turns 1 thru 6, they have too much traction. It's like that with other cars too.

Platform
    PC
    Road America, GT3, in the rain - 3 problem areas:
    • At turn 5 a huge puddle builds up (didn't the track builders think to put a drain there?) and the AI go right through it with no problem. I have to be barely moving to keep from understeering off the track. Ride height is all the way up, btw.
    • At the carousel, I have to be very careful not to slide off to the left because the turn is off camber. The AI don't seem to have this issue.
    • At the kink after the carousel, the AI go through flat out or nearly so. I either have to lift or give the brakes a quick stab and when I do, I get passed. If I try it flat out you'll find the wreckage in the Armco barrier on the left.
    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make a good use of it. --John Adams
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorke View Post
    Watkin Glen
    AI 100%
    GTA

This is another track where the AI have amazing traction, from turn 1 they are accelerating very quickly up through the esses on through turns 4,5 and 6. Then it levels back out a bit, but from turns 1 thru 6, they have too much traction. It's like that with other cars too.
    Naw, I don't think that is the case, I think it is a matter of downforce. because i run very high downforce at watkins glen, and the first few turns there's a lot of straightaway there. so they can catch me. but sectors two and 3 I pull away a lot. They don't have that much traction in the boot at all.

Just my take.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Formula C in career, first race at Brno. AI manages to run the same times in practice at 3 degrees with fog / heavy fog as in qualifying when the sun is out.

My overall impression is:
    - They are slow when it rains
    - They are too fast in changing conditions, seem to not affected.

Platform
    PC
    I really would love to see some implementation in the AI performance against each other...

They just donīt overtake in single class races... they go all the race long separated by 0.5 to 0.8... and thatīs it. No difference in performance in the whole pack.

Itīs really a shame.

I really do love Pcars2, but this AI behaviour is kind of a deal breaker.
    CPU Intel i7 7700k GPU GTX 1070 Windforce Logitech G27 Windows 10 64 bits 16Gb RAM Just one screen...no VR
    Keep Fighting
    Sim racer since GTR2
    Once something is a passion, the motivation is there.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Luckow View Post
    I really would love to see some implementation in the AI performance against each other...

They just donīt overtake in single class races... they go all the race long separated by 0.5 to 0.8... and thatīs it. No difference in performance in the whole pack.

Itīs really a shame.

I really do love Pcars2, but this AI behaviour is kind of a deal breaker.
    Perhaps try higher aggression. I use agg 100 and see much jostling with my car and eachother.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    100 % aggression I also think helps , I have been at the back of a train of 3 cars and pulled out to try and overtake into a braking zone only to have the middle car pull the same manoeuvre on the front basically leaving me no braking zone all of a sudden and an almighty collision . Whilst it’s not perfect it does help with the high aggression and I don’t tend to get rear ended by them unless I deserve it.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Ive just done the LMP 3 career and am starting the GT3 series at Oulton Park. In the LMP3 career there were cars all over the place, crashing on almost every lap (especially in the wet) and making mistakes, running wide etc. My very first experience in the GT3 series I leave the pit for practice and the car ahead of me spun out joining the track.. in the rookie, ginettas, formula C etc I saw maybe 1 crash in multiple career restarts. Perhaps it depends where you are, but I kind of expected it to be the other way around..