Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: On the topic of AI

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by gcx View Post
    I understand that games require a certain amount a tweaking after release, but at this level, I find this unacceptable. I've been experiencing the exact same thing as Schadows, where I'm destroying them in the wet with the Ginetta Junior, and being humiliated at other times. I'm either 3 seconds ahead in first in qualy, of 3 seconds down in last.
    Career mode in unplayable because of this. Considering the focus on single player of the much advertised carreer mode and the experience form Project CARS 1, I find this maddening.
    Oh and that Skip To End bug where AIs put in ridiculous times is getting old. It's 2017 people, that kind of behaviour was understandable 15 years ago, now no. Just NO.
    And no accelerate time either... Come on.
    Please just let them do their work and solve it. I've noticed some things too but am very confident they will solve it. This sim has so much more depth because of all the weather+car+track permutations that it was bound to have bugs. They could have just cancelled the fancy stuff that other 'sims'(weather is a very real thing) and have a near perfect product.

But maybe it's just me that prefers a (at the moment) slightly (mad) bugged pearl to a polished stone.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Konan, RacingAtHome, resmania, senna94f1, SH71

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Please just let them do their work and solve it. I've noticed some things too but am very confident they will solve it. This sim has so much more depth because of all the weather+car+track permutations that it was bound to have bugs. They could have just cancelled the fancy stuff that other 'sims'(weather is a very real thing) and have a near perfect product.

But maybe it's just me that prefers a (at the moment) slightly (mad) bugged pearl to a polished stone.
    Don't take me wrong, I do appreciate the effort on physics, changing track conditions and time of day. I also love the amount of content the game has to offer and I understand that it can't all be perfect day one. But I do think that we need to stress out that those issues take a huge chunk out of the experience, for me at least.
    If there was a way for me to report such inconcistancies, I gladly would if it made the game better in the end.
    The following user likes this Post: Satchel_Charge

Platform
    PC
    You can still pinpoint specific corner and track /car combos @gcx
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 4670K@4.2GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL1150 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadows View Post
    that's ok as long as it's not like in PC1 white the 1st in one race was last in the next making the championship easily winnable without any win in a race.
    I'm delighted that this seems to be fixed! I'm only 3 races in on the Ginetta Juniors, but all the AI drivers seem to have varying and persistent skill levels. There are clear front-runners and clear lousy drivers (like me).
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, Sankyo, Trippul G

Platform
    PC
    Yes, every single AI behaviour doesn't vary from race to race now.
    Having the whole pack having it's pace varying is much less game breaking because you can still adapt the difficulty, but it still is tedious.

I had not played with the weather conditions before my message above, but indeed, the AI pace in the rain is way to slow, and their pace in the snow is kind of out of this world (I was embarrassed to lap them so many times).

Although these things will surely be fixed in upcoming patches, I can understood people being upset about that since the single player experience is a major feature of this title, more so now that the online has the competitive racing license (people will undoubtedly hone their skills in SP before risking to loose points on their CRL.
    And you have to admit that it doesn't help a game whom prequel was deemed by many to have been released in an unfinished state.

For now, I will put my virutal career on hold until such issues are fixed, and keep having a blast in quick races, until i'm satisfied enough of my skill to challenge the internet.
    OS: Win10 x64 | CPU: i5 4690K OC@4.4GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme OC@1500MHz | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 | Controller: Logitech G25 + Nixim mod v2 (brake) | Display: HTC Vive | Sound: Virtual 7.1 Headset | Launch options: none | Visual settings

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I did a race at Silverstona national in the career mode driving a Ginetta G40

In practice I was 1.9 seconds slower, qually the same.

started at the back of 12 cars, was in 4th by Copse after the AI was dog slow off the grid.

Got the lead by turn 3 and romped away to a 28 second win... how do you explain that guys?

It did start to rain half way through and my pace did drop off but the tyres i was on held on fine...hmm

Tried the same difficulty level in the same car at the same track and after i blew the AI away at the start again my best lap was again 2 secs of the pace.

Is career meant to be so easy to begin with? What is the reasoning behind all this AI inconsistency?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: gelfie, SpeedLimitUnknown

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cjhill44 View Post
    I did a race at Silverstona national in the career mode driving a Ginetta G40

In practice I was 1.9 seconds slower, qually the same.

started at the back of 12 cars, was in 4th by Copse after the AI was dog slow off the grid.

Got the lead by turn 3 and romped away to a 28 second win... how do you explain that guys?

It did start to rain half way through and my pace did drop off but the tyres i was on held on fine...hmm

Tried the same difficulty level in the same car at the same track and after i blew the AI away at the start again my best lap was again 2 secs of the pace.

Is career meant to be so easy to begin with? What is the reasoning behind all this AI inconsistency?
    You took the same carreer path as me and it seems like you're having the same weather scenarios as I've had.

So far this is what I've had with difficulty set to 85 in the Ginetta Junior.

1st race at Oulton Park.
    Qualy, dry, 3rd, about 0.3 off pole.
    Race, dry, 1st with 4 seconds lead, best lap time about 0.3 quicker than best AI.

2nd race Knockhill.
    Qualy, wet, 1st, 1 second quicker that best AI (I didn't even try hard).
    Race, wet then dry, 1st with 15 seconds lead, best lap time about 0.4 quicker than best AI, but it dried up. They were useless in the rain.

3rd race, Silverstone National.
    Qualy, 3rd, 0.2 off pole (it took me everything to get that lap, so it's really good AI speed for me).
    Race, dry then wet, 1st with 25 seconds lead. Best lap time about 3 seconds faster than best AI (and that's in the DRY). In the wet, they were just as bad.

And I blow past them with ease at each start.

If I set AI difficulty to 100, they are 3 seconds a lap quicker than me at Siverstone National.

If SMS want to ask for specific feedback about track/car combos, I will gladly do so. But in the current state, it's all over the place.

Right now, AI difficulty is off in the following situations:
    Qualy vs race.
    Dry vs wet.
    Track vs other track.

Where to start SMS...?
    The following 5 users likes this Post: ECAR_Tracks, gelfie, leopcardoso, Nint, TerminatorGR

Platform
    PC
    Unfortunately, that explanation won't cut it.
    That some players and AI performance may vary from track to track, that's ok as long as it's not like in PC1 white the 1st in one race was last in the next making the championship easily winnable without any win in a race.

But here, it's not just a few drivers having difficulties, losing a few tenths a lap, no it's all of them with a couple of seconds).

Just did the Ginetta G40 UK season in the career, and you never know what level of performance to expect from them.
    Thankfully, that car was a blast to drive on those track, and I was having a big smile despite the lack of unfair competition.
    fair enough been too busy testing new cars and tracks hot lapping so far, didn't realise the Ai had such issues....luckily Doug's on the case!
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JDFSSS, Konan

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Just did the Ginetta G40 UK season in the career, and you never know what level of performance to expect from them.
    Thankfully, that car was a blast to drive on those track, and I was having a big smile despite the lack of unfair competition.
    I am also doing the Ginetta G40 and I have to say that I was worried after the first qualif, when I had to decrease a lot the AI level (I started with the value I used in Pcars 1).
    First 4 AI took off in oulton race race. But all in all, this first championship was a fight that I won so no AI that is first one race and last in the next one. My championship competitor had a lot of podium finishs
    What get me worried more is that I am often last in dry qualifs until last laps of the session, where I climb up as track get more grippy.
    Last edited by milliotseb; 23-09-2017 at 19:54.

WMD Member
    Getting AI pace consistent across all tracks for every car at every skill level is going to take an age. Maybe be best to focus on the career events first.

Need a very quick driver to do all events and log time difference per track, so each event can have AI tweaked to give consistency across one skill level e.g 100. Obviously you would expect a little variance per track for different AI drivers, as in real life, but 2 seconds a lap faster on one event/track to 2 seconds slower at the next track ruins things, and makes running championships with AI pointless.

Also ideally you want some quicker AI drivers to be strong across all rounds with the odd bad race so there is a championshio challenge, not a driver that comes 1st, 16th, 10th, 2nd, 11th etc. In most Motorsport series, that don't have reverse grids that doesn't happen.
    ATI HD4870 1GB (Cat 12.3), Win XP 32 SP3 DX9 or Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (Cat 13.1), E5200 @ 3ghz, 4gb RAM/ Driving Force GT Wheel & Pedals.

Steam ID = atdi87
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ECAR_Tracks, Leper Messiah, Schadows