Page 59 of 183 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: On the topic of AI

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lokid View Post
    Do ai get penalties?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    No, I don't think so.
    For what it's worth, when monitoring during a qualification session, I have seen the little yellow triangle next to some of the AI cars in the list on the left. That doesn't necessarily prove anything, just throwing it out there as an observation.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenkrank View Post
    im sorry but im a little cynical person...
    but i prefer small(er) racegrids with even values for all then me got all the stuff.
    i can run AC as example with 24-28 AI cars with triple @ 5760x1080 and good fps.
    cut down to ~15 AI would do the work to get a good feeling of racing (not the big tracks like LeMans or NOS, but on most and you dont see all the cars all the time).
    they need not the same hardcore physics as me but a script say them how fast they drive is even not a good idea.
    a simplified model but on true inputs so they cant drive faster then possible.
    and you got to many variables to balance by your own.
    you need to balance every car on every track under every weather, thats a huge amount of work...
    If the AI are running the common tyre model found in most racing sims, and since most racing sims don't implement rain, we can conclude that most tyre models used can't handle rain very well. In consequence, it is difficult making AI behave correctly in the rain. You'd need PC2's tyre model for that, which is impossible.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    With all due respect @Zaskarpants and @lokid...it seems you guys keep following eachother around everywhere...please stop with calling eachother out...if there are issues between you two take it to PM.

General note: If there are people who need putting in their place for whatever reasons,there are mods around to do that...
    Yes, sorry to everyone.
    I will avoid such exchanges from now on.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    For what it's worth, when monitoring during a qualification session, I have seen the little yellow triangle next to some of the AI cars in the list on the left. That doesn't necessarily prove anything, just throwing it out there as an observation.
    It's an attention grabber, there to show you when the AI are having a battle or at least following each other closely. Also works in multiplayer and , I imagine, quite useful in director mode as well in order not to show the boring parts.

Platform
    PC
    you need to balance every car on every track under every weather, thats a huge amount of work...
    It's is a huge task and one that I don't think most PC2 owners understand. However your comments, at times, don't inspire the devs to continue with their hard work. I'm not saying your role here on the forum is to be a cheerleader for the dev team, but also, this is a forum run by the dev team so they don't have to allow people to abuse them. In short, let's think before we post as it's very easy to come off in the wrong way when posting on the internet.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bealdor, Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    im ok with that.
    but if you never hear critics from a side you never could be start to think it could be done better (sometimes).
    time will come when all the nice stuff is possible on newer hardware (sooner or later), maybe only for highend hardware.
    and i dont wont to put down the work of the devs, they work hard to get the best whats in the limits of the system.
    it is my personal "problem" not to like it complete.
    but taste varies
    OSW Lenze servo 29Nm, Fanatec Clubsport shifter (H-gated), Heusinkvelt SIM Pedals PRO, selfmade Sim-RIG, triple 40" 1080p TV, 2x Ignitioncontrols button boxes

Platform
    PC
    but if you never hear critics from a side you never could be start to think it could be done better (sometimes).
    Your post was far from useful criticism which is what this forum is for... Useful criticism is exactly what the devs are looking for which is one of the purposes of this forum. The difference is whether a comment is just spiteful retort verses something useful. Saying PC2 is "just eye candy" is not on the side of useful criticism.

However, no need to beat a dead horse. The point has been made so let's continue the discussion on the topic of AI.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 3 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Konan, missy455

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofnir4 View Post
    It's an attention grabber, there to show you when the AI are having a battle or at least following each other closely. Also works in multiplayer and , I imagine, quite useful in director mode as well in order not to show the boring parts.
    You could be right but when I get the yellow triangle it means I've been penalized.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    With patch 1.4, is it correct when I assume that at 100% strength, ai reaches laptimes they normally drive in real races? Or is it incorrect to think this way?
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Alcantara Edition // Rig: Playseat® Alcantara

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by maTech View Post
    With patch 1.4, is it correct when I assume that at 100% strength, ai reaches laptimes they normally drive in real races? Or is it incorrect to think this way?
    90-95% was always the target for real lap times. Not sure if this has changed now.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: maTech