Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Rating System

Platform
    PS4
    Were you in a ranked lobby?

Mine is moving every race. Working on ps4 but PC may have server issues?
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings (PC1).
    PC2 G29 ffb Raw 95-40-40-60

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Alright, so today was my first time playing online. Ever since day 1, I spent my time in career mode and now I decided to try online. I only did like 4 races on Red Bull Ring GP with 4 or 6 other players. It was a good clean race and I had a great time. My Driving Rating is E1466. I have a few questions to ask about online:
    1. Since my DR is at E1466, should I only join race sessions according to my rank? Like If I see min. grade "E", then I can join the lobby. But if I see min. grade "F" instead of "E", then it's still "okay for me to join?
    2. Will my Driving Rating suffer if I don't get to top 3 in races?
    3. What does min. grade in red and green colors mean? If it's red, then it's restricted due to my rank? If it's green, then I'm allow to join?

Thanks!
    PSN: Lunar_Twisted

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunar_Twisted View Post
    Alright, so today was my first time playing online. Ever since day 1, I spent my time in career mode and now I decided to try online. I only did like 4 races on Red Bull Ring GP with 4 or 6 other players. It was a good clean race and I had a great time. My Driving Rating is E1466. I have a few questions to ask about online:
    1. Since my DR is at E1466, should I only join race sessions according to my rank? Like If I see min. grade "E", then I can join the lobby. But if I see min. grade "F" instead of "E", then it's still "okay for me to join?
    2. Will my Driving Rating suffer if I don't get to top 3 in races?
    3. What does min. grade in red and green colors mean? If it's red, then it's restricted due to my rank? If it's green, then I'm allow to join?

Thanks!
    First up, have a look at this. It will explain quite a bit.

Direct answers to your questions:

1. Yes, you can. Although looking for lobbies with higher safety ratings should (theoretically) result in cleaner racing.
    2. Your driver skill rating is based on an ELO rating system. This means that you'll receive the most points for placing better than players of equal or higher rank. You don't necessarily have to win, or even podium. The details of the scoring system aren't fully known. The best way to go about it is to continue to race clean, and to the best of your ability. You'll find your score settles somewhere, and that should be representative of your relative rank.
    3. Multiplayer sessions can be configured to require a minimum safety rating, and skill rating (they're separate). I play almost exclusively with people on my friend list, so I'm not real sure what the red means. I'd assume it means you can't join though.
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3 | BasherBoards CPX Adapter v2