Page 206 of 206 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206
Results 2,051 to 2,056 of 2056

Thread: Rating System

Platform
    PC
    Although patch 1.6 was released 9 days ago, it seems that some "secret" update must have occurred, since I've noticed a change with respect to what happened with the skill point system until 5 or 6 of June that was the first day that the DLC "Legends of LeMans" was available.

It is practically a positive point and almost a negative point:

Positive Point:
    In another thread I had commented on the fact that on the same day as the launch of the LeMans DLC, I had won almost 15 points in a single race solely for having won using a 2014 LMP1 over several 2016 LMP1. But after June 6 until now, the same thing has not happened again. Apparently, there is NO Extra Bonus for finishing the race ahead of cars of higher category using a lower category car; Even so, it seems that the points gain is similar as if you were competing with cars of the same class.

Negative Point:
    Unfortunately, quite the opposite of the previous point, if you use a higher category car, there is still the additional loss of skill points in case of finishing the race behind lower category cars, whether you are defeated on the track or if you are disconnected / you are kicked in the middle of the race. This detail is preventing some players from being encouraged to participate in multiclass races or encouraging them to leave the lobby if they notice during the qualifying session that some lower category cars manage to score lap times better than higher category cars. avoid losing more points than they could earn.

^This last detail is what is causing the majority of multiclass online careers are generally No License Points activated, because they reached a certain point with the license points (especially in levels greater than 1500 - 1700) are more the points that can be lost that those that can be won (you can win only 1 - 3 points, but with the risk of losing from 10 to 20 - 40 points if everything goes wrong). If you have reduced the gain of extra points in the multiclass races, then it would have to be the same in the case of the loss of points in multiclass races: That the loss is similar as if you were competing in the same category.

Obviously the fact remains that if you use a lower category car and you are defeated by a higher category car you do not lose any points against that car.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Points, points, points. Even positive points and negative points. Don't forget to enjoy and have some fun, kid.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: EV3RY, hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I really got wrapped up in my rating there for awhile, but I finally realized that it just doesn't matter. It is not indicative of an opponent's skill or ability. I've had my head handed to me by unranked drivers, and I've seen some really crappy S drivers.

Just. Doesn't. Matter. Ignore your rating and concentrate on clean driving.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: EV3RY, Fight-Test, METAL666NZ, sas5320

Platform
    XBOX1
    @TheSimGirl
    No, I'm not stalking you ^^ I don't want to argue but you must recognize that the vast majority of people want to race, that means that their respective ranks are legit. Just because apparently a tiny little number of people are spending lots of time to increase their safety rank to ruin people's races it doesn't justify to just bin the whole idea of the safety rank. That's basically what I wanted to say, and if you see these people it actually helps a lot reporting them either on steam, Xbox Live or the Playstation online service (can't remember the name now).
    Last edited by rich1e I; Yesterday at 21:26.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    @TheSimGirl
    No, I'm not stalking you ^^ I don't want to argue but you must recognize that the vast majority of people want to race, that means that their respective ranks are legit. Just because apparently a tiny little number of people are spending lots of time to increase their safety rank to ruin people's races it doesn't justify to just bin the whole idea of the safety rank. That's basically what I wanted to say, and if you see these people it actually helps a lot reporting them either on steam, Xbox Live or the Playstation online service (can't remember the name now).
    I shut this other thread down for a reason Richie. No need to drag this argument into another one.
    Sometimes it's better to agree to disagree and move on...
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: A Scott

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    I shut this other thread down for a reason Richie. No need to drag this argument into another one.
    Sometimes it's better to agree to disagree and move on...
    I explicitly said that I don't want to argue and I'm actually sorry that it escalated a little bit, but you can't back a false statement with almost irrational arguments. I'm just trying to encourage her and maybe other people that are reading to use the safety rank because it's actually very useful if only people started using it. I'm convinced online racing could be so much cleaner and better. So many people complain about rammers and people who don't know where the brakes are but they still open U100 or U1500 lobbies, which makes even less sense.