Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205
Results 2,041 to 2,044 of 2044

Thread: Rating System

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KANETAKER View Post
    The latter depends on the point of view of each player, since there are some players who instead think the opposite and see very badly that act of leaving the room just before starting the race, either by not having a favorable position in the Starting Grid (at the end of the Classification), or because during the Formation lap or at the rolling start (just before the red lights of the traffic light) occurred some disaster (full damage enabled) or a bug of those that cause unjust penalties of many seconds.

In fact, many weeks ago in this same thread I commented something about it and rather I was harshly criticized. But as I have suggested, none of that would happen if the points system considered other factors such as the starting position vs. the final race position, leaving as a secondary factor his final position vs. other players according to the range of skill points.
    But that was only because of the intentions you stated. It really showed the effects of the number rating on people's behavior. On the other hand I still don't think anything of it when people leave pre-race(or during), so it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by KANETAKER View Post
    Some players like this kind of races more where we try to start from the bottom of the grid and see how many positions we can overcome or if it is possible to win the race. But due to the ELO system it is no longer possible to do that kind of races, but you must forcefully fight to classify among the first positions so that in the worst case the loss of points is minimal, because starting from the back there is not any guarantee of finishing on the podium unless the other players are much slower than you.
    I'm one of them And how can you say it's not possible? It's very possible, you just don't have to care about your points so much, and they are meaningless anyway. You can't pay anything with them, it doesn't earn you anything and you have demonstrated yourself that they are susceptible to boosting if you quit and or join races beneficial to you. So it can hardly be used as a rank anyway... To be honest if you still do what you say you did, your rating isn't what it naturally would be.... This isn't an attack, I really don't care about points and how people get them(losing them is another thing), but be honest to yourself...
    Let's change the world today with a whisper

/
    // MaximusDoriftus (Steam))

The following 3 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, hkraft300, Iuse2stroke4cologne

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post

I'm one of them And how can you say it's not possible? It's very possible, you just don't have to care about your points so much, and they are meaningless anyway. You can't pay anything with them, it doesn't earn you anything and you have demonstrated yourself that they are susceptible to boosting if you quit and or join races beneficial to you. So it can hardly be used as a rank anyway... To be honest if you still do what you say you did, your rating isn't what it naturally would be.... This isn't an attack, I really don't care about points and how people get them(losing them is another thing), but be honest to yourself...
    +1
    Starting at the back if you can avoid wrecking in public servers you're almost guaranteed a podium. That said, you'd have to not care for your points by not winning a race, but enjoy the racing instead.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-50-5-0

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, MaximusN

Platform
    PC
    Is there a feature where you can "blacklist" players (as in not allowing 'known' rammers to join your p2p lobby) or is that strictly for dedicated servers?
    PRIME Z270A | i5-7600K @ 4.7GHz | 16GB @ 3200MHz | RX 580 (8GB) @ 1390/8800MHz
    My VR performance and visual graphics settings: https://pastebin.com/raw/sXqZuwaU
    AI difficulty: 90 (skill) 50 (aggression) | G920/GTEYE + H-shifter | ViVE (SteamVR)
    Feel free to add me if you want to race! Fully unchained from leagues!
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Raklodder View Post
    Is there a feature where you can "blacklist" players (as in not allowing 'known' rammers to join your p2p lobby) or is that strictly for dedicated servers?
    Just dedicated.