Page 202 of 213 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2130

Thread: Rating System

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I am wondering why Steam doesn't send out some kind of warning that after say 10 min it's going down. You'd expect that after so many years and people getting annoyed by it every single week, it woul had been a priority to implement something like that...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FxUK, KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FxUK View Post
    I'm aware of it, but the other night it got me again... 00:25 grrrr... normally its around 11:50 to 00:15 it happens.
    And yeah, that 1st place a lap down thing was really weird, you was a lap down throughout the whole race according to my screen (I think), first time I have seen that one, it completely threw me off initially.
    I very well could have been I only noticed it when I passed you and it started giving me a blue flag saying faster car, I was like WTF!, bet you got a few points ya bollox ;-)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I am wondering why Steam doesn't send out some kind of warning that after say 10 min it's going down. You'd expect that after so many years and people getting annoyed by it every single week, it woul had been a priority to implement something like that...
    I don't know why it should affect DS anyway, they should be Steam independant, P2P maybe but not a DS.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Along with the problem of loss of points due to unexpected disconnection of Steam should be added the loss of points due to unintentional technical failures, such as: Game Crashed or Freezed either by bugs of the game itself or by hardware or software failures (card graphic, CPU, drivers, temperature), service failure of your internet provider. In addition to host abuse in case of being a bad loser and being kicked because he could not defeat you to earn points.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    I very well could have been I only noticed it when I passed you and it started giving me a blue flag saying faster car, I was like WTF!, bet you got a few points ya bollox ;-)
    Yeah, but only to give em back the next race

On the topic of points and disconnects, rage quitting, retiring, leaving a lobby...etc. Why does it have to deduct so many points or so it seems?
    Obviously there is some form of algorithm calculating whats what at that specific time, but it always seems extreme, especially compared to potential gains.

The other day, I was smashed into at T1 Lap 1 on Imola, ended up on my roof and thought to myself, sod it, I'll go make myself a brew instead :P
    So, the race finished (me still on my roof) and I lost 2 points. But, if I had of retired, I'm guessing based on prior retiring, that I would have lost around 20+ points instead. I couldn't work out why I only lost 2. The lobby had something like 24 people in it and I was showing as retired in the results screen.

Funny side note, people complained that I left my car sat way off track on its roof, it was distracting lol, but they where happy to smash through me at the start and cause it
    Last edited by FxUK; 16-05-2018 at 18:50.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    On the topic of points and disconnects, rage quitting, retiring, leaving a lobby...etc. Why does it have to deduct so many points or so it seems?
    Exactly in order to prevent people from rage quitting, retiring, leaving a lobby etc . And I think we must all agree that on that regard, the system is absolutely successful, in PC1 and in other sims it is very common to start an online race 20 cars and only 3 finishing it, while in PC2 lobbies, usually more than 90% of the cars that start a race, also finish it...In that respect, the point system has done something very good indeed.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Brainbug, hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Exactly in order to prevent people from rage quitting, retiring, leaving a lobby etc . And I think we must all agree that on that regard, the system is absolutely successful, in PC1 and in other sims it is very common to start an online race 20 cars and only 3 finishing it, while in PC2 lobbies, usually more than 90% of the cars that start a race, also finish it...In that respect, the point system has done something very good indeed.
    Yeah, I kinda answered my own question... but sitting around for 20 mins "not quitting" because some rage induced rammer killed you before you even started isn't fun
    Aside from sitting there in the example I gave, I could also crawl around the track wobbling all over the place because of 100% damage, causing a massive obstruction, although I'm not really that kinda guy, I try and stay out of peoples way to the best of my ability, but somebody who is that kind... could also go on a rampage (and they have done), causing more damage / carnage than if they just quit or got kicked (but kicking mid race is rare as rocking horse poop).

Deduct points, yeah.. but why so disproportionately? Why deduct more points than I could earn in 10 clean and hard races?
    I don't think there's a real way to test, since there are numerous variables at work (I think) but I'm sure the deduction for retiring / quitting is not the same as coming in last, its a lot more.

Also, in regards to others, I think the points should be cached at race start (so to speak) so those left in the session at the end get points based on who started the race, not who is left in the lobby (which it seems to be now). I might be wrong on this though, it might already do that, its hard to determine whats what in terms of the allocations.
    Last edited by FxUK; 16-05-2018 at 19:29.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, KANETAKER

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    If it wasn't disproportional, then it probably wouldn't work on that aspect, for just 5 points or so, I think most people would prefer rage quitting than staying there and saving those 5 points.

Of course the system has it drawbacks as you described. Personally, in such cases I always leave the lobby, for me it's more important racing in another lobby, than staying there in the pits waiting for 20 minutes, in order to save 20 points or so. Also if I find myself in race full of wreckers, I usually quit as well, it's not worth the frustration for me. Same for other cases like that, I'd like to have the points, but I don't mind losing them if I am to enjoy the game more. Fortunately most/many people are not like me, so the system still works

Platform
    PC
    If it wasn't disproportional, then it probably wouldn't work on that aspect, for just 5 points or so, I think most people would prefer rage quitting than staying there and saving those 5 points.
    But isn't that like DRM penalising the people who try to play by the rules, meanwhile those who don't and generally don't give a damn, just quit anyway after having a bit of destructive fun.

Actually, this makes me wonder if the loss of points for quitting, for say an S1600 player is the same as those for say an F1100 player..
    An F1100 player would be expected to come last in a lobby full of A1500's, whereas an S1600 would be expected to win.
    If F1100 won, they would earn big, S1600 would earn, but not so big.
    If F1100 lost, they wouldn't lose (or not much, not 100% sure), whereas S1600 would lose big.
    I wonder if that comes into play with retiring / quitting.
    Last edited by FxUK; 16-05-2018 at 19:47.
    RWB Racing International

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    But isn't that like DRM penalising the people who try to play by the rules, meanwhile those who don't and generally don't give a damn, just quit anyway after having a bit of destructive fun.

Actually, this makes me wonder if the loss of points for quitting, for say an S1600 player is the same as those for say an F1100 player..
    Yeah, but most people do care about their points, so the system works!

But anyway I don't see many people having some destructive fun just for the sake of it. They are just some very specific people doing that, after a while they get known for it and get kicked from lobbies. The rest of those who race like *****, they do it in part exactly because they do care a lot about their points IMO.
    The following user likes this Post: FxUK