Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2130

Thread: Rating System

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    That's how a championship works.
    It's why leagues ignore the rating and do their own points, and classify drivers into tiers.
    Public lobby racing isn't a championship.

It's a performance rating, not tallied points earned.
    So what are the league points system ?, same as I suggested.
    3 24K Solid Gold YoYoTech's $100,000 EACH. 3 100" Sony Virtually Reality 3D Curved Monitors $250,000 EACH, Porsche RSR 1 Billion Dollars, stripped gutted cut & chopped into a custom cockpit

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I understand everyone has thier own ideas and opinions, doesnt make one person wrong or right, no one likes my ideas thats fine move on suggest your own.
    3 24K Solid Gold YoYoTech's $100,000 EACH. 3 100" Sony Virtually Reality 3D Curved Monitors $250,000 EACH, Porsche RSR 1 Billion Dollars, stripped gutted cut & chopped into a custom cockpit

Platform
    PC
    Personally i like how this rating system works. For me gaining points is not important, but it is a very good indication of a driver's pace generally. If you see someone with 1900+, you'll have a hard time beating him

The safety system though, is far too lenient. One should be able to keep S rating only by very clean racing, there's many S ranked people who keep their rating although they act quite dirty sometimes.
    MB ASUS Maximus VII Ranger / Proc : Intel Core i5 4690K / Ram : G.Skill Ares Blue Series 16 Go DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 / GC : MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X / HDD : Seagate Desktop SSHD 2 To / OS : Windows 10 64-bit / VP SONY HW30ES / T500RS + 458 GTE / ClubSport Shifter SQ / ClubSport pedals V3
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, KANETAKER

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by A Scott View Post
    Its how racing works, the higher up the grid you finsh the more points you get,
    And sand bagging in quali makes zero sence, no racer does that when track position is important.

Zero sense? It's just math vs effort.

If you can advance up the point system by simply advancing from your starting position, then sandbagging qualifying makes perfect sense.

Generally speaking, beating the last 5 people in a 25 driver race is easier than beating the first 5.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1070 / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following 2 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    So what are the league points system ?, same as I suggested.
    Yes, when there’s a certain group of individuals who will periodically gather for a race. They regularly race each other in a league competition amongst themselves. In Formula 1, 22 drivers race regularly and earn points towards a prize. It’s always the same 22 guys (besides the odd fill in). The person with the most points wins the prize the. The next season it starts again, from zero.

Public lobbies you’re not contesting for a prize. You’re also racing complete strangers for one race, and another set of complete strangers for the next race. It’s a completely different scenario except between the green flag and the chequered flag. Have you thought of what the points you suggest would look like, or what meaning/ purpose they have?
    The current system at least helps towards matchmaking for example and reveals trends. You know a blue U1500 is a noob, so be careful. A gold D1600 is dirty but fast. Any S1700+ is a monster and you can’t fake that score by Barely making podium a million times.

I understand everyone has thier own ideas and opinions, doesnt make one person wrong or right...
    Yes it does. If you’re factually right, you’re right. If you’re wrong, you’re wrong. There is a difference.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Public lobbies could be legit for points if implemented properly. There should be a set criteria for a public room to gain points aside from choosing car and track. Race conditions, damage, minimum lap requirements etc. should be considered for points to be active. Probably a big consideration would be the amount of racers that make it to the race start. If SMS standardized public lobby requirements for points to activate I'll be happy to start from zero.
    I5 6600k @ 3.5/GTX 1070 8gb/16GB 2133 ram/Hybrid 2TB HDD/Oculus Rift CV1/Proscan 4K tv @ 60hz/inactivated windows 10/Thrustmaster TX/Alcantara wheel/T3PA Pro/TH8A.
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Lost for words, & people wonder why online is so bad, X Files its all public reading people.

Platform
    PS4
    Lost for words.
    Sorry for that mate. But maybe you can explain why track position matters when I start last, half the grid takes itself out in T1 and another 2-3 guys in T2. The guys left are mostly either way slower or way quicker. In open lobbies you end up racing one or two guys and it didn't matter the slightest where you or they started. That's the reality of open lobbies.
    ---
    PSN ID: pyrates2000
    Always looking for clean racers

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn’t find the answer. Hosting a race in Spa I hit a wall glitch that grabs the car and throws it around. Steer wheel going crazy. I told the lobby what had happened and bailed out of the race to protect my wheel from being damaged. Big loss of points. Is there a way to quit a race without this happening?
    Sean Lander - Melbourne Australia
    Favourite Car Class: GT2/GT3 XBOX LIVE Redna1L
    Hardware: Xbox ONE X - Fanatec ClubSport V2.5 - McLaren Wheel - ClubSport V3 Pedals

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Redna1L View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn’t find the answer. Hosting a race in Spa I hit a wall glitch that grabs the car and throws it around. Steer wheel going crazy. I told the lobby what had happened and bailed out of the race to protect my wheel from being damaged. Big loss of points. Is there a way to quit a race without this happening?
    For now, the only chance is to leave the lobby before the red lights of the traffic light at the start of the race are turned off and the race leader crosses the finish line, since after that, it is considered that the race has started and therefore will earn or lose skill points.