Page 30 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 1443

Thread: Rating System

  1. #291
    WMD Member RomKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    2,388
    Platform
    PC
    You clearly never seen RL drivers being penalised for example, spinning under yellow or formation laps...

    (wrt to real life experience)

    Now, not getting a penalty for a 360 and getting for the 90 is suspicious. More details welcome.

    /edit

    And from the appendix L of the international sporting code wrt to car control:

    d) Repetition of serious mistakes or the appearance of a lack of
    control over the car (such as leaving the track) will be reported
    to the Stewards and may entail the imposition of penalties up to
    and including the exclusion of any driver concerned.
    e) It is not permitted to drive any car unnecessarily slowly,
    erratically or in a manner deemed potentially dangerous to
    other drivers at any time.
    Last edited by RomKnight; 12-10-2017 at 20:24.
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

    | CPU: i5 4670K@4.2GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (387.92) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL1150 Asus Xonar DX | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

    | Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v289 - fw 299/130) | Damping: 100 | 900º
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 0 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

    | FFB: Custom |Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 |Frequency: 600

    | Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium| SS: 1.4| Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low| Car/Track: High | Blur: Off | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -pthreads 4 -skipcrowds
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300


  2. #292
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    786
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo1960 View Post
    system not working, rules not working....... After 5 laps of Nurburgring Combined (ended on 3. place) + 5 points, had 4 (2 times in Q and 2 times in R) times racing warning for correction of 90 degree spin, 1 time being hit by another car....

    Tell me why i had race warning for correction of 90 degree spin?? Please tell me because i cant understand this logic? Rules were created by someone who never sit in car? Driving bike only? Or using car with all extensions (sensors etc) + automatic gearbox?

    Why I am losing points for correction of 90 degree spin but i dont receive warning for 360 degree spin? Just hint for all, if you will receive spin, do not correct it let it be 360 spin, you dont lose points, but when you will try to correct it you will receive warning for driving standards.

    Thank for answer... Please try to explain with more words as "system is working, it just need time", if you understand the point of my question. If not call someone who has some experience with real racing and can understand these - points for nothing.
    Did you go off track while trying to un-spin yourself? Going off track with four tires facing any direction will get you some unwanted attention from the race director.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300


  3. #293
    Superkart Pilot tennenbaum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    594
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehands View Post
    Then you should get in touch with SMS and iRacing and offer your coding skills.

    Bottom line is that a no fault system is the only workable option. We will all get punted from time to time but if we ourselves avoid contact through skill and a little luck we will rise in the rankings. This is really not a very hard equation to work out. Learn from your own mistakes and just accept other people's mistakes as part and parcel like in real racing where you have to pay for your repairs regardless of fault.
    You're right. It's probably very difficult to program it in such a way. Otherwise i guess it'd be done already. And it seems to be a serious issue to all sims. Though i understand everybody who races clean and gets used as a braking object as if you were an AI NPC in single player, getting uneasy from time to time ;-)

    Let's put it this way: pCars 2 with its approach and potential to and for eSports marks a level of high end "entertaining sim racing package" that goes beyond gaming. From all sims the one will take them all which is capable to nail the problems of wreckers - without the need of undertaking procedures that turn out to be rather work than fun.
    Last edited by tennenbaum; 12-10-2017 at 21:48.
    T300RS EVO599, T3PApro, TH8shifter, Win 10, Strix Z270E, 2x8 GB DDR4-2666, CPU i7-7700 4.200 (oc 4.800), EVGA GPU 1080ti (oc 1.920), Rift, SimCommander4, BK Gamer 2, Sony 4K A1 65", playseat challenge, PS4pro, PSVR, & a 50+ cables mess

  4. #294
    GTE Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    6,443
    Platform
    PS4
    It's hasn't been 3 weeks gents.
    Let your rank settle and the wreckers fall away.
    When you're in D+ rank lobbies the wreckers will be stuck to U/off lobbies. Besides, most of them will bugger off to GT:S when that's out anyway
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, mister dog, RomKnight, tennenbaum


  5. #295
    Superkart Pilot tennenbaum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    594
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    It's hasn't been 3 weeks gents.
    Let your rank settle and the wreckers fall away.
    When you're in D+ rank lobbies the wreckers will be stuck to U/off lobbies. Besides, most of them will bugger off to GT:S when that's out anyway
    words of wisdom
    T300RS EVO599, T3PApro, TH8shifter, Win 10, Strix Z270E, 2x8 GB DDR4-2666, CPU i7-7700 4.200 (oc 4.800), EVGA GPU 1080ti (oc 1.920), Rift, SimCommander4, BK Gamer 2, Sony 4K A1 65", playseat challenge, PS4pro, PSVR, & a 50+ cables mess
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300


  6. #296
    WMD Member fresquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Blanes
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo1960 View Post
    system not working, rules not working....... After 5 laps of Nurburgring Combined (ended on 3. place) + 5 points, had 4 (2 times in Q and 2 times in R) times racing warning for correction of 90 degree spin, 1 time being hit by another car....

    Tell me why i had race warning for correction of 90 degree spin?? Please tell me because i cant understand this logic? Rules were created by someone who never sit in car? Driving bike only? Or using car with all extensions (sensors etc) + automatic gearbox?

    Why I am losing points for correction of 90 degree spin but i dont receive warning for 360 degree spin? Just hint for all, if you will receive spin, do not correct it let it be 360 spin, you dont lose points, but when you will try to correct it you will receive warning for driving standards.

    Thank for answer... Please try to explain with more words as "system is working, it just need time", if you understand the point of my question. If not call someone who has some experience with real racing and can understand these - points for nothing.
    You should try to inform yourself about how the system works before you make claims and wave your hands in the air in anger. This is a forum seen by the devs themselves, if you think that tone will get you their attention, you are dead wrong.

    There're two different Ranks. One for clean racing (letter), one for competitiveness (number). The clean racing doesn't only track how many bumps you have against people, but also your offtrack driving. So, it's about the racecraft. Going off track alone will work against you. Doing 90º spins will take points off you if you go offroad. Basically, if you are losing control of the car, the system will take points off you because you are showing your racecraft is not good enough.

    The points you are given at the end of the Race are competitive points and are solely based on your position and the rank/number of opponents. Thus, it's not affected by your spins. 5 points for a 3rd is in line with what the game is giving in moderately crowded Races. So, nothing wrong there.
    i7 4770k @ 3.5 GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | 16GB RAM 1600MHz | Corsair GS700 PSU | Windows 10 | T300RS wheel with Logitech G27 pedals and shifter

    Únete a LFO Club y disfruta de Project CARS 2 y de buena compañía
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, hkraft300


  7. #297
    Kart Driver tipostrano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    PARMA
    Posts
    94
    Platform
    PC
    At long term, will be a fair system. I'll deal with that. now i am on C, and is really better, avoiding U-F lobbies, avoiding wreckers and driving everyday more clean and calm.

    But, for now, i 'm racing exclusively for regain points lost in disconnections or kicks when i'm 1st...
    Everyday is the same. start, disconnected. lost 40/50 points... then racing all day to regain points ( really slowly in fact, +2...+5 if lucky ). Then another day, another -50 and so on. I'm so frustrated.
    Maybe it's time to make a petition to change that disconnection/exit race punishment. Too much innocent racers deal everyday with that, constantly ruining their experience with the game. I seriously thought to quit several times, so sad about that

  8. #298
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    87
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by tipostrano View Post
    avoiding U-F lobbies, avoiding wreckers and driving everyday more clean and calm.
    Where are the other lobbies? In my xbox I only see U, F or off (I am D)

  9. #299
    Kart Driver tipostrano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    PARMA
    Posts
    94
    Platform
    PC
    at this time is not easy. Maybe more difficult on Console too. I also take a look at people in lobby and their license.

  10. #300
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    24
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by fresquito View Post
    You should try to inform yourself about how the system works before you make claims and wave your hands in the air in anger. This is a forum seen by the devs themselves, if you think that tone will get you their attention, you are dead wrong.

    There're two different Ranks. One for clean racing (letter), one for competitiveness (number). The clean racing doesn't only track how many bumps you have against people, but also your offtrack driving. So, it's about the racecraft. Going off track alone will work against you. Doing 90º spins will take points off you if you go offroad. Basically, if you are losing control of the car, the system will take points off you because you are showing your racecraft is not good enough.

    The points you are given at the end of the Race are competitive points and are solely based on your position and the rank/number of opponents. Thus, it's not affected by your spins. 5 points for a 3rd is in line with what the game is giving in moderately crowded Races. So, nothing wrong there.
    1. I dont go off track while trying to make correction, maybe only with 1 wheel but not with whole car
    2. When you pushing car and you out of limits, like in another racing series you sometimes make mistake. Like in F1 someone pushing too hard, go out of track and just return. When he does this 1-2 times without gaining advantage, there are no penalties, your system will punish it.
    3. About letter I am currently on E, but losing points for really ..... things, because pushing car and me sometimes over limit just to make good result without gaining advantage over another and in most cases when no one +-5 seconds is nearby.
    4. like someone sad in ''long term (very very very long term)'', several months, when you receive better letter and all wreckers will be still U, than you can drive but no you just need to focus on races with small number of players and pray that no one will hit you (and this is the best collision detection system on world, simple script, presented as the nature of this ranking system which punish both actors). So hard to code some rules, for example: if B behind A, hit A from behind (i assume that every car has is in so called hitbox object, where you can detect point of these collisions, like in LoL every champ has hitbox for enemy spells), if speed B is greater than A and is over 15 km per hour than driver in car B is dangerous and shoud be punished etc another rules .... and not punished driver in car A for nothing because driver in B doesnt know where he has brake pedal.

    You made collision detection system script so improve it and make him more realistic. Give him rules, so he can detect and compare and make right decisions.

    And btw, if you dont know how to make these rules, you have thousand of player with several hours of playing this game, with some knowledge and experience from previous races, so they can provide you from these experience how these rules shoud be, when driver can be punished for crazy driving and when it is normal and it shoudnt be punished. You have thousands of brains and you dont know to use them to make game better. You said that PC game is game from players to players. Doesnt seem in this collision detection system. I know that to make this system right will be difficult, because there can be over 1000 rules and more more but you have capacity of thousands players who can write and make good ground of this improved system
    Last edited by jojo1960; 13-10-2017 at 13:17.

Similar Threads

  1. Will there ever be a rating system? Public lobbies are a mess
    By Notorious in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-09-2015, 21:41
  2. Forum User Rating & Reputation
    By QPRLad in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-2015, 14:56
  3. Please help me rate (difficulty rating) some tracks
    By BulletEyeDK in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 30-06-2015, 14:45
  4. This Sim Needs A Safety Rating/Ranking System!
    By Viking187 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 27-06-2015, 19:02
  5. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 19-06-2015, 18:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •