Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rating System

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Rating System

Can someone explain to me how the rating system works? The only thing I know is that "U" means Unrated? What do the other letters and numbers mean?
    For example i have F1527

Platform
    PS4
    There is some information here: https://www.projectcarsgame.com/comp...g-license.html

The letter at the beginning states your "safety rank", and the number states your "skill rank". People who drive clean should end up getting a good safety rank, even if they are really slow and lose every race. People who win lots of races against other skilled players should get a high skill rank, even if they drive like antisocial idiots.
    The following 11 users likes this Post: bradleyland, F1_Racer68, Greg Redd, Kostman22, Micka1, MrSniperPhil, SharkyOB, SJ olly, Tepp, Tooma

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Documenting rating system behavior

Posted somewhere else and thought better to open a thread for others to add on, and for SMS to look into it; it's about what I consider not ready for real use rating system

Rather urgent to be addressed, I think, because the more time it goes, the more unfair will be for early adopters of the game punished by inconsistencies in the system

I understand the issue of it being difficult to track "who hits who", but for once, it you can't create a good system just don't do it, second, consider counting incidents in the ranking, a__holes tend to crash more often than their victims... ;p

1. Last night a troll ramed my car at the start, it is monza, you have to break before t1 cuz there is always a pile up... I was sent against the wall flying, car unusable after that, had to DNF, lost 35 pts before even getting to turn 1...
    2. I immediately come to fight back; completed 5 races with zero events, finished 11 in 20, won one (first online win ever) and 3rd in another one
    My reward for the hard and clean work? I went up 2 points... (It did not give me points for the win! (??)

Any thoughts?
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Ben_Rogue, jmlt, Tooma

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Without any footage it looks more like unuseful complaint.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    ive done 1 race, came second and went up 8 points, i have no point of reference to compare it too

Platform
    PC
    If those that keep ramming, keep ramming, they will continue to go down while yours keeps moving up. Eventually, they will not be in your races. This system will take some time to work itself out (similar to iRacing) so you have to be patient.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PS4
    @Riverside, did you play in ranked races? From what I understand, your skill and safety rank only gets affected when you play in games that have a minimum rank setting, e.g. U100; if there's no minimum, then you won't get any points at all, even if you race 1000 laps cleanly and win.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, Tooma

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    well that's great to know ,where did you find that in the guide??

Platform
    PC

Rating system

I don't know how it works but i hope that it does not work as in IRacing.

My opinion :
    _ when someone bumps into your back, you should have damaged points but should not be penalized, the guy who bumps you should of course.
    You must keep the control of your vehicule and of course avoid to bump other cars.
    Because you can't avoid someone who bumps your back, you should not be penalized.

This is how driver license rules work here.

My 2 cents.

(Of course in Iracing whatever happens, everybody is penalized)
    Last edited by gp20; 24-09-2017 at 06:27.
    AMD FX-8320E/8 Go DDR3/GTX 1080/
    The following user likes this Post: bmaytum

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    After seeing it working in practice, I can say that it works nicely so far. Yes, it penalizes both people involved in a crash or hit, but over time it rewards the clean player, because he gets much less penalties by the less clean ones.
    I have now reached level D (after U, F and E), even though I have been bumped several times (and I also have made my own share of mistakes as well). The big test will be when people start creating lobbies with minimum F or E etc rating requirements in the next days, I think this will indeed result to very clean races. Hope it proves to be like that at least.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, ironik, Kostman22, NoBrakes