Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Rating System

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by ncrossy1980 View Post
    I've just spent 2 hours clean racing to go from E class into D, then in a lobby I was hosting, qualified P2, I got punted at turn 1, then after picking things back up and carrying on in P15 someone intentionally on the first lap at Spa didn't brake at the end of Kemmel Straight... clearly didn't have any interest in any kind of race and just wanted to play dodgems, I slowed to enter the corner at normal speed and he absolutely smashed me off the track still doing 170mph+ and wrote the car off. I went from D back to rated E for that.
    I've got no interest in joining in with the right or wrong in how a rating system should work, all I know is this has made me not want to invest any more of my time into this game that wipes away so much of your progress due to that.
    I read a few pages back, some guy mouthing off about how its your fault for not being pro enough in anticipating something like this... you should always be pro enough to avoid lunatics coming from behind, the best system is to punish everyone... right. That was the literal definition of nothing I could do about it. Why would anyone want to try and rank up if your ranking can be completely neutralised by 1 idiot who plays the game like destruction derby.
    You got punted and now you don’t want to play any more? That’s a bit pathetic.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonFlux View Post
    The only thing you'd need to watch out for is a wrecker who is friends with someone who has a high safety rating.

Sorry if that sounds paranoid lol ☺
    Fair point!
    If I see U rankers in the lobby I start at the back. Had a 10 lap race today in public lobby. C7R at Daytona road. Climbed from 10th (last) to P3 on lap 1, then P2 the next lap because they crashed out

Quote Originally Posted by snakehands View Post
    You got punted and now you don’t want to play any more? That’s a bit pathetic.
    Perspective.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 11-10-2017 at 06:21.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings (PC1).
    PC2 G29 ffb Raw 95-40-40-60
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, mister dog, NeonFlux

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I reached level C during qualifying from level D and I was not doing anything of particular challenging.. trying to hit all the apex without going off road. I believe this rating system is done really well and it will reward you on the long run.
    The only issue I have is that the majority of gamers online are pretty bad.. let's be honest..Most of lobbies require min level entry F and not higher..
    I tried to create one lobby with min level entry C and no one joined..

So yes the ranking system is extremely cool but I believe joining racing community is even better.

Superkart Pilot Kunal_Racedriver's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I started with multiplayer just a few days ago. Despite spending quite some hours and a few podiums...I still see no change in my rating from the default U1500. Is it a technical issue or is it supposed to take a while for some change to happen. I find it wired when people are even talking about losing/gaining points even after a single race.
    | CPU: i7 2600K @3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX1070 | MB: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | PSU: GX750W | OS: Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 | Display: 3 X Benq Gw2760Hs| Wheel: Logitech G27

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunal_Racedriver View Post
    I started with multiplayer just a few days ago. Despite spending quite some hours and a few podiums...I still see no change in my rating from the default U1500. Is it a technical issue or is it supposed to take a while for some change to happen. I find it wired when people are even talking about losing/gaining points even after a single race.
    If your rating stays fixed at exactly U1500, then you either are not racing in ranked servers (unranked does not touch your ranking at all), or maybe this is just a known glitch that your ranking sometimes does not display correctly. Check the ranking displayed at the race results screen, next to your name and flag, does it also display U1500 always?

Does anybody know if retire to pits still costs 30pts?
    i7 4770k @ 3.5 GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | 16GB RAM 1600MHz | Corsair GS700 PSU | Windows 10 | T300RS wheel with Logitech G27 pedals and shifter

Únete a LFO Club y disfruta de Project CARS 2 y de buena compañía

Platform
    PC
    These days I'm looking more into my rear mirror than ahead of the track...

Does anbody know if the game's ranking system makes a different if you bump into somebody or if you get hit hard by sombody from behind (no matter if intenionally or by mistake.) Shouldn't be so difficult to code. A touch from behind with a speed difference of e.g. 10 - 15 kmh is one thing, but if someone's speed delta is much higher (given that your car doesn't stand around with a stalled engine) there is a good chance that the car that hit you from behind deserves to expected as "guilty". Of course, still there can be unfair wreckers trying to hit from the side or cutting your driving line, but at least the "worst" stupid attacks from behind would could be taken more seriously into account.
    T300RS, T3PApro, CPU i7, GPU 1080 ti, Rift

Superkart Pilot Kunal_Racedriver's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks. As you mentioned... I was playing in unranked servers.
    | CPU: i7 2600K @3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX1070 | MB: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | PSU: GX750W | OS: Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 | Display: 3 X Benq Gw2760Hs| Wheel: Logitech G27
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenbaum View Post
    These days I'm looking more into my rear mirror than ahead of the track...

Does anbody know if the game's ranking system makes a different if you bump into somebody or if you get hit hard by sombody from behind (no matter if intenionally or by mistake.) Shouldn't be so difficult to code. A touch from behind with a speed difference of e.g. 10 - 15 kmh is one thing, but if someone's speed delta is much higher (given that your car doesn't stand around with a stalled engine) there is a good chance that the car that hit you from behind deserves to expected as "guilty". Of course, still there can be unfair wreckers trying to hit from the side or cutting your driving line, but at least the "worst" stupid attacks from behind would could be taken more seriously into account.
    Then you should get in touch with SMS and iRacing and offer your coding skills.

Bottom line is that a no fault system is the only workable option. We will all get punted from time to time but if we ourselves avoid contact through skill and a little luck we will rise in the rankings. This is really not a very hard equation to work out. Learn from your own mistakes and just accept other people's mistakes as part and parcel like in real racing where you have to pay for your repairs regardless of fault.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    system not working, rules not working....... After 5 laps of Nurburgring Combined (ended on 3. place) + 5 points, had 4 (2 times in Q and 2 times in R) times racing warning for correction of 90 degree spin, 1 time being hit by another car....

Tell me why i had race warning for correction of 90 degree spin?? Please tell me because i cant understand this logic? Rules were created by someone who never sit in car? Driving bike only? Or using car with all extensions (sensors etc) + automatic gearbox?

Why I am losing points for correction of 90 degree spin but i dont receive warning for 360 degree spin? Just hint for all, if you will receive spin, do not correct it let it be 360 spin, you dont lose points, but when you will try to correct it you will receive warning for driving standards.

Thank for answer... Please try to explain with more words as "system is working, it just need time", if you understand the point of my question. If not call someone who has some experience with real racing and can understand these - points for nothing.