Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Rating System

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Can someone walk me through how the rating system works as I agree ^^ that kinda sucks; I experienced this during quali with 30 cars in Brands Indy whereby it's invariable the caliber of driving is somewhat to be desired did include rear end love tabs, shunts etc, even people sat on the grid in undesired spots for what reason remains unknown, either trolling or simply stupid
    i5 6600k, GTX1070, 16GB DDR4, T300RS + T3PA

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Today I had two really clean races. One especially was very clean. This was a very rare thing in PC1 at two days after release. So I would say its making a difference already as people are taking more care knowing it effects the rating.
    Last edited by Lplate; 25-09-2017 at 16:28.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, ElPolloDiablo234, F1_Racer68, Mahjik

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    The System Needs some Weeks to sort the "Bad Guys" from the "Good Guys".

Give it some time
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...
    The following 5 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, ironik, Luke Townsend, NoBrakes

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    From what I've seen, on the whole people seem significantly less banzai on the first lap now. I did get taken out in the wet, but it was a huge pile up in tricky conditions.

I've only done a handful a races online and my rating wasn't great, but I beat someone significantly higher ranked than me, and I've leapt up suddenly.

I'm impressed.
    PC: i5 4690k - 16GB RAM - MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - MSI GTX 1070 Armor - Samsung 850 Evo SSD
    Chassis: rSeat Rs1 - Fanatec CSW v2 - Fanatec SQ v1.5 shifter - Club sport v3 pedals
    Best Event: Oulton Park Fosters, Caterham Classic
    The following 4 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, ironik, WIGG77

Platform
    PC
    It seems that if you leave a race you lost a lot of points.
    I had an online race with LMP1 in Le Mans. The race went with blizzard conditions at night which i didn't expect.
    I had a small bump on my back at the start which left me with a wheel turned 6 degrees to the left.

It was so unpleasant at night whith blizzard an LMP1 on Le Mans, just imagine, you can't drive, it's so fast and you see nothing and with a damaged direction...
    I left the race and lost immediatly 26 points.

By the way the blizzard is well made.
    AMD FX-8320E/8 Go DDR3/GTX 1080/
    The following user likes this Post: Tooma

Platform
    PC
    Threads merged.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    The big penalties go to the ones who leave the race.
    These guys don’t disturb the other players but get unranked more than the stupid crashers.
    Imagine : the host turns damage on, your car gets crashed at the start or during the race, you must wait for the end of the session !
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bmaytum, Tooma

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeCmdr View Post
    @Riverside, did you play in ranked races? From what I understand, your skill and safety rank only gets affected when you play in games that have a minimum rank setting, e.g. U100; if there's no minimum, then you won't get any points at all, even if you race 1000 laps cleanly and win.
    Very helpful @CodeCmdr, thanks, I understand then I should stay away from servers with ranking Off, but still anyone can get in and ram people if their ranking is not too low

@Mahjik, I also understand your view, and it is true down the road, problem is that the current balance between reward and punishment discourages good drivers to stay on and race, at least until dumb people don't go low enough

For now I am just only racing in pwded clubs, which is an option but limits time with a decent set of competitors...

Thanks for providing useful comments
    The following user likes this Post: Tooma

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    so today i was hit by a guy that i had just past on the imola straight on the 1 st lap and hit the wall (black flag), if i understand this right; i will get penalized because i left the race after that (car wrecked) ,it doesn't seem particulary fair to me ....there are still way to many MM's (mclaren Morons) around that can go fast on the straight but never heard of braking before a corner (or use the opponents for it).

I think the system should (massivly) penalize the guy who bumbs into someone .just like in real traffic ,why should i get a get a penalty if i try to brake for a corner and the guy behind me doesn't??!!!!!.

just my 0,02$
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MarcusarilliuS_IRL, Tooma

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    If those that keep ramming, keep ramming, they will continue to go down while yours keeps moving up. Eventually, they will not be in your races. This system will take some time to work itself out (similar to iRacing) so you have to be patient.
    The one rammed also gets bad rep. What about if you get rammed, and rammed and rammed and again and again too?

I just can't get to understand why the system was designed to punish the car that is in the front too and gets hit . Punishing the one who gets rammed from behind makes for the most idiotic decision made I have ever seen. It's just beyond retarded. The car behind is always the one who needs to be extremely cautious when overtaking, hence the one holding almost 99% of responsibility when something goes wrong during the fight. The usual blahblah about "what if the car in front brakes on purpose and blahblah" is bullshit, as that happens not even by far as often as the act of ramming the opponent in the lead on purpose.

There's lots of folks already getting bad rep through getting rammed, only. It's just so stupid.

Make the car behind ALWAYS responsible for any disaster that might happen, as it should have been from the beginning, and you'll see how rammers actually think about it twice, because right now, I haven't noticed any improvement at all on clean racing on many. It's just like always, because they know you will also get bad rep too. Jeez some decisions...