Page 203 of 213 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2130

Thread: Rating System

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Yeah, but most people do care about their points, so the system works!

But anyway I don't see many people having some destructive fun just for the sake of it. They are just some very specific people doing that, after a while they get known for it and get kicked from lobbies. The rest of those who race like *****, they do it in part exactly because they do care a lot about their points IMO.
    You are right, there are only a very small number of specific and mostly known people who are destructive, most other times its inexperience or general mistakes and I make my own fair share of those, although its fairly rare that I collide with others, unless pushed... mainly its spinning on kerbs / grass or corner exit.

I wasn't implying the game is bursting at the seams with them, it really isn't which is great
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Yeah watch out for this guy https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198090107888, he likes to ram in the last lap to gain glory, I would call him a tool but a tool is useful, all my points for the night gone in one race, circa 13 points, but do I care, fuck yeah, especially that way, disconnects you are a victim of circumstance, being taken out is premeditated, needless to say he is banned from our DS.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Well, caring about points or not, when someone bumps you off the track in order to take the win s***s anyway. Those people need to be shown that what they has consequences, obviously I can't speak for this guy as i don't know him, but good that you generally kick such people out.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Some people have excellent internet/hardware and a dc or crash is rare. They have slightly higher ratings. Some people have terrible internet. Dc is ommon for them so they have slightly less points. Not fair, you say? Life isn’t fair in case you haven’t noticed.
    Besides, what happens when you, the fast guy with the crappy connection and crappy rating, race someone of similar rating but great hardware? That’s right, you kick his arse and snatch his points.
    So it kind of... balances out, doesn’t it?
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Some people have excellent internet/hardware and a dc or crash is rare. They have slightly higher ratings. Some people have terrible internet. Dc is ommon for them so they have slightly less points. Not fair, you say? Life isn’t fair in case you haven’t noticed.
    Besides, what happens when you, the fast guy with the crappy connection and crappy rating, race someone of similar rating but great hardware? That’s right, you kick his arse and snatch his points.
    So it kind of... balances out, doesn’t it?
    WOOT?

Superkart Pilot
    LOL

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    WOOT?
    Before you get the pitchforks out mate...
    I'd like to see the rank penalty reduced for leaving a race where the system can't ascertain a disconnect/crash/rage quit. I'd like enough of a penalty there to still tickle a quitter. Some of us have to deal with PSN Aussie servers and our crappy 3rd world internet. So I'm a victim of it. I don't want it gone completely.
    Far as I remember the system looks at your frequency of leaving mid-race and dishes out point deduction accordingly. Which is a good thing. Some of us are parents. Few of us are rage quitters.
    In saying that, I know this is the "me" era, where it's all about "me" and "my points", but if you have unstable internet/system and you're racing online and disconnecting often, what are you doing to the enjoyment of others? It's why I think the point deduction should stay.

Besides, tell me it doesn't butter your ego (and your rank) when you smash someone with >200 points more than you?
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

Platform
    PC
    I see where you are coming from, must be annoying getting a lot of disconnects which affects your rating and does not reflect your ability, disconnects are annoying especially losing around 20 points for them but I just sigh, pull up me knickers and race on ;-)

However, what really boils my piss is these try hards that want to win at all costs just to feather their ego, the points are irrelevant really but what is not is racing hard and putting effort in to win a race only to have it destroyed by someone who can't bear to lose their points by being beaten, if he had overtook me and beaten me and I lost points then I tip my hat to him but winning by punting people off just shows their true self. i.e Bellend.

I thrive on close racing and when i get beaten or have to race my arse off to stay ahead it gives me a buzz and I have respect for the racer that is giving me a hard respectful time, that is why I race.

These points turn some mild mannered people into something completely different!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    There's something about this whole disconnect thing I never understood.

Surely if someone leaves a lobby by choice, they click the 'exit' from the menu, and the game registers that. So, penalize the guy based on the clear choice, that the game must know based on clicking that button, to exit.

Then, if there is a disconnect, who cares if it was because he unhooked the connection, or lost service, or whatever? Why try to treat it the same as intentionally leaving and mix the two things?
    Just consider that he finishes then in last place, and the points calculate accordingly as if he continued on and finished in last place. Life goes on.

For the guys that see the ability to unhook the cable, and lose less points, then who cares? It doesn't impact anyone else, I think??? In fact, if the game were to just consider them as last place, maybe it would be better for the points of all the others that stayed in the race? And in those cases where there's a real genuine disconnect, maybe the point loss of being in last place will not be as bad as treating it as if he abandoned the race (depending the rest of the people in the lobby, and their ratings, I guess)

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Charger, MaximusN, Scott Coffey

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    There's something about this whole disconnect thing I never understood.

Surely if someone leaves a lobby by choice, they click the 'exit' from the menu, and the game registers that. So, penalize the guy based on the clear choice, that the game must know based on clicking that button, to exit.

Then, if there is a disconnect, who cares if it was because he unhooked the connection, or lost service, or whatever? Why try to treat it the same as intentionally leaving and mix the two things?
    Just consider that he finishes then in last place, and the points calculate accordingly as if he continued on and finished in last place. Life goes on.

For the guys that see the ability to unhook the cable, and lose less points, then who cares? It doesn't impact anyone else, I think??? In fact, if the game were to just consider them as last place, maybe it would be better for the points of all the others that stayed in the race? And in those cases where there's a real genuine disconnect, maybe the point loss of being in last place will not be as bad as treating it as if he abandoned the race (depending the rest of the people in the lobby, and their ratings, I guess)

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.
    The points are different for a disconnect or quitting iirc, just not sure how the quitting points are calculated but there is a difference, think i lost 12 points for leaving a race where I was a rolling road block and 20 points for a disconnect but it's not always the same, not sure how it's worked out.