Page 211 of 215 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2141

Thread: Rating System

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KANETAKER View Post
    Obvious ... it was a race of GT3, the most popular class of the whole PCars saga for A or B reason, on the one hand it is the lack of publicity and promotion of the other categories, in spite of the attractive announcements with content of the IndyCar (June 2017) or LeMans trailers (Spirit of LeMans DLC trailer), although maybe it's because of that combination of driving difficulty and relative speed of the GT3, because even the GTEs still do not get as popular as the GT3 in the Online Multiplayer.

Let's see if I can explain it better: When you are going to create a GT3 lobby, it does not matter if you have a security filter or the level of skill points required to enter, you almost always have players available all the time. On the other hand, with less popular categories (especially fast cars, such as LMP1, 2, LMP1-H, Formula X, IndyCar, Group C, etc.), even though the lobby is WITHOUT ANY SECURITY FILTER (no license points activated), minutes or even almost 1 hour until at least one player is encouraged to enter the lobby ...

Just in case, I speak of the version of PC / Steam, since apparently in consoles there are more players available for all categories.

-----------------------

EDITED: The most worrisome is to see how despite the great promotion that was made to the last DLC (Spirit of LeMans) and the great reception it had, the Hype disappeared in only 2 weeks, and although at the time of taking these captures of screen are 18h00 - 19h00 in Europe there are few lobbies available on PC / Steam, being mostly GT3, while there are almost no rooms available with my favorite categories. I barely found 2 or 3 games but one of them is private, while the other has very few players and it shows that they are low level (slow) so it is not worth running against them (even if there were points) of activated licenses, I would not earn any point because of the huge difference in the license score). Also scheduled the race with a duration of 2 hours, just on a day and time when some (including me) have to work and obviously I do not have 2 hours available at this time (at most I can 1 hour, I am a casual player).

Attachment 257111

On the other hand, there is a game available in which there is a player (S1935) who apparently has a lot of patience to wait to see if any player that meets the exaggerated and high limit of skill points he had in his lobby , although I do not know if it is a "booster", because I almost always see him creating games in the same Daytona tri-oval, and he is the fastest in the World Leaderboard (top 1) with the Sauber C9 in that same track. Obviously any player who meets the requirements to enter that lobby is irreparably exposed to a loss and loss of points, unless there are more players available in the same room.

Attachment 257112

Attachment 257113

I hope that the reason for the low number of players and lobbies available (at this moment and days) is due to the Soccer World Cup Russia 2018 factor (at the time of taking the screenshots was played the game Sweden vs. Switzerland) either by watching the game in TV or having traveled to Russia to watch matches live in stadiums.
    You totally missed the point.

Platform
    PC

Angry

Well done SMS, "WELL DONE !!" you have done it again ...

With just one race, I have just verified that they have indeed made an unexplained and unsolicited change in the skill point system, which is damaging the development of multiclass races and causing a large part of the players to refrain from participating in them...

I insist that it would be good for SMS to make available an explanatory table indicating which categories of cars are superior or inferior to others, and which of them are now "equitable" with each other?

Prior to update 1.6, the LMP900 category was lower than the Group C category, but apparently they are now at the "same level". In these screenshots you can check:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180723095331_1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	257998Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180723095401_1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	257999Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180723101637_1.jpg 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	258000

Although the game relocated the LMP1 in the upper part of the grid to be a higher category, the same did not happen with the rest of the cars in other categories; on the contrary, they all kept their classification positions, even though before the 1.6 update the LMP900 cars were relocated behind the Group C. I started the race with 1896 points, and despite arriving 3rd ahead of the other cars that were suppose they were of superior category, I ended up losing 2 points (1894)... when previously I would have won a good amount of points.

Something similar happened in another race at Hockenheim GP where the Formula Renault are 5 - 8 seconds faster than the LMP2, and despite that the game does not consider the Formula Renault as a category superior to the LMP2. In that race we were 4 cars LMP2 against 12 Formula Renault, but during the waiting screen before the race, 2 of the LMP2 left the session, as if they had a bad feeling ... in fact, the game did NOT place the LMP2 behind all the Renault Formula but considered them as the same category ... Result? I lost 17 points in a single race ... 17 points that I had previously managed to achieve after participating in 15 races !! All of them in a period of 3 weeks, because currently for my work I only have time to compete in about 3 or 5 races a week, and if I'm lucky enough to find a career that has prototype cars and license points activated (Because I only see many GT3 races available and I HATE that category.)

The worst thing of all is that apparently there are some players who play host and who apparently know this whole thing perfectly, which is why they are ABUSING the system and consigning multiclass races but in a way that they always come out benefited and reaping many points, as a form of "LEGAL EXPLOIT" taking advantage of the ingenuity and ignorance of those unfortunate players who agree to participate in their careers.

Therefore, it would be quite useful to know which are the higher, lower, and equivalent categories, in order to be able to configure multiclass races that are fairer.

Platform
    PS4
    Loses 2 points.
    Posts rage essay.

Perspective
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cpcdem, lawfulharbor218, MaximusN

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Reading comprehension: "when previously I would have won a good amount of points."

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Would someone please get rid of these silly, stupid points? I'm sick of the endless debate about basically nothing.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FxUK, rich1e I

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Would someone please get rid of these silly, stupid points? I'm sick of the endless debate about basically nothing.
    There was already a proposed idea and that most agree that it is applied, which was that only the security rating is taken into account, ignoring the skill points. On the other hand, I had suggested creating 3 types of games, being the 1st without a license filter, the 2nd only the security rank, and the 3rd that in effect would be the fully Ranked games (with gain / loss of points of license activated).

I have an idea that could end this debate once and for all ... If only the game had in the configuration options of a game or server a limit to establish a restriction of skill points, so that no longer it is necessary to keep adding or gaining more skill points, taking as a base the amount of 1500 which is the initial score of every player. In this way we should assume that any player who is above the 1500 points is skillful enough, so it would not make sense to create careers where a restriction is too EXAGGERATED, along with the fact that in some cases are treated of races with cars that are not very used as the GT3 and obviously it will be difficult for the few very skilled players with those cars to enter those races due to the exaggerated license restriction, since the vast majority of players have achieved their points only in GT3 racing.

Name:	ss101451.jpg 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	258029

The same case for those events in the community, which due to their exaggerated requirements to participate makes it impossible for many people to participate, even worse if the car is not the most used, and without any incentive or reward. You can notice in the following image that the event in question lasts the whole month of July and until now I am the only player who has marked time there. While there are some players who have already exceeded the barrier of 1900 skill points, have not had the interest in participating in some of these events precisely for the reasons already explained ... perhaps if it were a popular class as the GT3 we would see more players participating, but the objective is to promote and promote the less used categories.

Name:	20180724103120_1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	258030

Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Loses 2 points.
    Posts rage essay.

Perspective
    You as always ALWAYS read and understand the part that interests you ... you look like a TROLL or FANBOY, with a lot of luck that no one is interested in putting you a STOP so that at least once in your life you focus on giving a constructive criticism and that helps to improve and solve a problem. And I know that I'm not the only person who has complained about your way of commenting ...

My complaint was NOT for the loss of 2 points, because 2 points is a negligible loss compared to 17 or 20 points. My complaint is about the fact that apparently there have been changes regarding the classification of the various categories / classes of cars, and in the last update apparently some categories are no longer considered "inferior" and rather they have placed them at the same level of other categories although they are still slower, which is damaging the development of some multiclass races, because some players are avoiding participating in them, unless there are NO skill points in play.

In that race between cars LMP1, LMP900 and Group C was enjoying, being even faster than some players who despite having cars superior to mine, could not keep ahead. Previously I managed to earn points because of this, but now (after the update) I just realized that the opposite happened ... Due to these inconsistencies in the system is that most players prefer single-class races, or those races multiclass where the classes of cars are clearly established and differentiated to avoid problems (for example: LMP1, LMP2, GTE) unlike others that apparently no longer knows which is superior to another (LMP1, LMP1-H or LMP900, Group C, LMP2, GT1 or IndyCar, Formula X, VF1, FA, LMP1).

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by KANETAKER View Post
    You as always ALWAYS read and understand the part that interests you ... you look like a TROLL or FANBOY, with a lot of luck that no one is interested in putting you a STOP so that at least once in your life you focus on giving a constructive criticism and that helps to improve and solve a problem. And I know that I'm not the only person who has complained about your way of commenting ...

My complaint was NOT for the loss of 2 points, because 2 points is a negligible loss compared to 17 or 20 points. My complaint is about the fact that apparently there have been changes regarding the classification of the various categories / classes of cars, and in the last update apparently some categories are no longer considered "inferior" and rather they have placed them at the same level of other categories although they are still slower, which is damaging the development of some multiclass races, because some players are avoiding participating in them, unless there are NO skill points in play.

In that race between cars LMP1, LMP900 and Group C was enjoying, being even faster than some players who despite having cars superior to mine, could not keep ahead. Previously I managed to earn points because of this, but now (after the update) I just realized that the opposite happened ... Due to these inconsistencies in the system is that most players prefer single-class races, or those races multiclass where the classes of cars are clearly established and differentiated to avoid problems (for example: LMP1, LMP2, GTE) unlike others that apparently no longer knows which is superior to another (LMP1, LMP1-H or LMP900, Group C, LMP2, GT1 or IndyCar, Formula X, VF1, FA, LMP1).
    You race for points.
    Not for the racing.
    Every time you lose a point you analyse the rating system and post essays.

I had a string of bad races and went from 1580 to 1480.
    Consequently, my wife left me, I lost my job, I lost my house, my friends blocked me... no.
    None of those things happened. Losing the points was of absolutely zero consequence to my life.

What was of consequence was that I learned some flaws in my abilities which has made me a better racer.

Perspective: I'm a troll because you fail to grasp the concepts presented to you.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 4 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, Chin, lawfulharbor218, snakehands

Platform
    XBOX1
    Whoever came up with the idea of a 2000 points barrier you have to break to be able to participate in certain events, surely was too optimistic. Just let people qualify via TT and set a minimum safety rank instead.
    The following user likes this Post: FxUK

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Personally I would like a system where you are awarded points depending on your finishing position, not lose points just cause a lower rank player finshed ahead of you,
    1st 20points, 2nd 17points, 3rd 15points etc, qualifying 5th for example and making your way up to third only to lose points is not how racing works.
    3 24K Solid Gold YoYoTech's $100,000 EACH. 3 100" Sony Virtually Reality 3D Curved Monitors $250,000 EACH, Porsche RSR 1 Billion Dollars, stripped gutted cut & chopped into a custom cockpit
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    Whoever came up with the idea of a 2000 points barrier you have to break to be able to participate in certain events, surely was too optimistic. Just let people qualify via TT and set a minimum safety rank instead.
    I like challenges and that sort of thing, I will never win any, but I still like to participate. Problem is, I am still where I started rating wise, S1506 atm I think, so nope. Not happening. I don't even bother looking at them now because I can't participate in most anyway, just like the majority of others can't.

The point system has only achieved one thing... threads like this, IMO.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals CS Shifter, Rift CV1 / 4K XB321HK / Triple XB271HU 1440p screens. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 2080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, Throne Thumper, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe, Rseat S1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, rich1e I