Page 28 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Rating System

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Getting Licence A was easy after few hours of playing however, getting above 1600 is hard, reason ? Not enough ppl wanting to participate from licence level C or B and that is leaving me with a quite poor choice of competitors. Usually U drivers are rubbish, rammers and 7y old kids thinking this is great, let's crash, let's mow other cars.
    Like other said, when joining an online session remember to look out for safety rating / driving licence requirement, is it ON or OFF. The higher requirement, the more point to earn from each win

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradyski View Post
    Getting Licence A was easy after few hours of playing however, getting above 1600 is hard, reason ? Not enough ppl wanting to participate from licence level C or B and that is leaving me with a quite poor choice of competitors. Usually U drivers are rubbish, rammers and 7y old kids thinking this is great, let's crash, let's mow other cars.
    Like other said, when joining an online session remember to look out for safety rating / driving licence requirement, is it ON or OFF. The higher requirement, the more point to earn from each win
    Start a lobby with minimum your ranking and choose safety of F minimum. That way its easier to beat higher ranked drivers since the minimum is your skill rank

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradyski View Post
    I'm really pissed off with how SMS and WMD handle demand for improvement
    Demanding improvement will get you nowhere either.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah okey I figured out the issue. Loosing 50 points when being kicked. Let the players control the lobbies and you should be able to kick people but NOT loose points. Because this will be abused, I've already seen others and including me getting kicked by abusers.

This really has to get removed, there is no logical reason at all to do this.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: NeonFlux, tennenbaum

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by txalin View Post
    Being kicked is one of the problems of giving the players all the control like sms has done. In theory that's a good thing, giving full control to us, but as expected, is not working because people are idiots (including me). I have a strong hope in online championships, i hope that they don't allow the host to have full control, i hope to have a racing calendar where everybody can join and have the chance to be splitted based in safety an racing license based in championship configuration, i hope that online championships are public and private, and i have so high expectations on that point because i really think that pcars2 is an absolutelly brilliant game that have all the elements to be the best racing game for next years, but at least on release, the failed to fit all the things together (just personal opinion, not saying that i have the truth and everybody else is wrong)
    As someone who only races online i think the host kick function is an absolute must. Give it some time to learn who the responsible/fair hosts are and in the meantime stop worrying about your ranking numbers, you'll have plenty of time to focus on that once you know who the good hosts are. I think safety ratings are far more important and that shouldn't be effected if you get kicked for no reason. Just remember who kicked you and don't join their lobby again.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Charger, hkraft300

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I've just spent 2 hours clean racing to go from E class into D, then in a lobby I was hosting, qualified P2, I got punted at turn 1, then after picking things back up and carrying on in P15 someone intentionally on the first lap at Spa didn't brake at the end of Kemmel Straight... clearly didn't have any interest in any kind of race and just wanted to play dodgems, I slowed to enter the corner at normal speed and he absolutely smashed me off the track still doing 170mph+ and wrote the car off. I went from D back to rated E for that.
    I've got no interest in joining in with the right or wrong in how a rating system should work, all I know is this has made me not want to invest any more of my time into this game that wipes away so much of your progress due to that.
    I read a few pages back, some guy mouthing off about how its your fault for not being pro enough in anticipating something like this... you should always be pro enough to avoid lunatics coming from behind, the best system is to punish everyone... right. That was the literal definition of nothing I could do about it. Why would anyone want to try and rank up if your ranking can be completely neutralised by 1 idiot who plays the game like destruction derby.
    The following user likes this Post: Cypher

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by ncrossy1980 View Post
    I've just spent 2 hours clean racing to go from E class into D, then in a lobby I was hosting, qualified P2, I got punted at turn 1, then after picking things back up and carrying on in P15 someone intentionally on the first lap at Spa didn't brake at the end of Kemmel Straight... clearly didn't have any interest in any kind of race and just wanted to play dodgems, I slowed to enter the corner at normal speed and he absolutely smashed me off the track still doing 170mph+ and wrote the car off. I went from D back to rated E for that.
    I've got no interest in joining in with the right or wrong in how a rating system should work, all I know is this has made me not want to invest any more of my time into this game that wipes away so much of your progress due to that.
    I read a few pages back, some guy mouthing off about how its your fault for not being pro enough in anticipating something like this... you should always be pro enough to avoid lunatics coming from behind, the best system is to punish everyone... right. That was the literal definition of nothing I could do about it. Why would anyone want to try and rank up if your ranking can be completely neutralised by 1 idiot who plays the game like destruction derby.
    I feel for you. It can be impossible to avoid that sort of incident sometimes.... whether your a pro or not. I hope you kicked him and made a mental note of his name so you know to avoid him.

Stick with it though and keep hosting. Set the minimal safety rating to match yours and pretty soon these idiots won't be able to join you.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ncrossy1980 View Post
    Like NeonFlux said, you can bet the guy that smashed you off will continue smashing people off, which means he'll stay at U (or F) rating. Join servers that have higher standards, you can bet that guy will not be able to participate. Your rating will continue to go up, while smashers will stay down.

Don't let it frustrate you.

Make it a point to not join unranked or low rank lobbies. You will have good races, and your safety rating will improve.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: derkanzler, hkraft300, mister dog, NeonFlux

Platform
    PS4
    Nothing like that happens in any >E ranked lobbies. Sure there are crashes and spins. Racing incidents.
    No wrecker is getting in D+ rank lobbies to cause that type of havoc.

I've accepted the fact I'll never reach S-9996436746 and it's OK.
    A high rank doesn't get me a pay rise, or makes my wife more aroused
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Charger, ctzn, derkanzler, Fight-Test, ironik, Mike Laskey, mister dog, MrSniperPhil, NeonFlux

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Nothing like that happens in any >E ranked lobbies. Sure there are crashes and spins. Racing incidents.
    No wrecker is getting in D+ rank lobbies to cause that type of havoc.

I've accepted the fact I'll never reach S-9996436746 and it's OK.
    A high rank doesn't get me a pay rise, or makes my wife more aroused
    The only thing you'd need to watch out for is a wrecker who is friends with someone who has a high safety rating.

Sorry if that sounds paranoid lol ☺
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Charger, tipostrano