Page 3 of 145 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Rating System

Platform
    PC
    To be fair I've had many good races in ranked lobbies.
    Sometimes you get some rookies or trolls but that will settle quickly.

Regarding the rear bump penalty, it's impossible to know for sure who is at fault. If someone brakes test you, you'll have a big penalty whereas it's not your fault.
    So it's 50/50.

Regarding the penalty when leaving the race, it's necessary. What if people starts to quit when they know they will take a hit in their rating.

Let's say you're ranked 1500 and you enter a lobby full of 1600'
    Eventually you manage to take the lead and you are 10s in front of everybody.
    Now imagine everyone leave the race. You win but you're alone. You gain 0 and they lose 0.

Edit : actually, maybe you get the points, I don't remember. It would make sense.

Edit2: I've just seen the previous (quite insulting) comment :
    You take the inside line but you're not ahead yet. The other guy close the door just in front of you: you take the hit and the penalty.

I had this happening to me: the guy in front doesn't know the track and brakes much early than you. Who is responsible, you? Come on... Even iRacing is using this system. There are reasons for that.
    Last edited by ironik; 24-09-2017 at 23:26.
    aka Ironik

I7 7700K // ASUS PRIME Z270-A // 16Go DDR 4 // inno3d gtx1080 ti // OCZ agility 240Go // WD caviar Green 1To // Thrustmaster T300RS + Fanatec ClubSport pedals V3 // Oculus Rift CV1
    The following user likes this Post: NeonFlux

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I made the mistake of leaving races.
    4 races in a row I was either taken out by someone using me as their brake pedal or involved in a crash where two cars in front had crashed/spun/gone off track and re entered right in front of me leaving no time to re-act.
    I went from E1580 to F1380. After four good races and a whole bunch half decent races including a win in a lobby of 19 and three poduims. Im back to E1408.
    Gaining points is soo slow.
    Despite the rankings system.. so many people still cash you or have no spacial awarness or think they can out brake you up the inside on every corner...

hopefully the system will start shaking the chaff from the hay soon.

WMD Member
    me too, the first 4 or more races I ragequit because of trolls and lost 60 points, only by then I saw that ranking points went under 1400

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    It’s a bit confusing.
    The letter is fairness and the number is performance. OK ?

But in this case, why do you lose points when you quit a race ? (only the letter should be considered)
    Why do you lose points when you cross the pit lane too soon, same.

The way it works now, only the letter should be used to prevent someone from entering a lobby.
    But you did the opposite.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, surtic86

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nono782 View Post
    It’s a bit confusing.
    The letter is fairness and the number is performance. OK ?

But in this case, why do you lose points when you quit a race ? (only the letter should be considered)
    Why do you lose points when you cross the pit lane too soon, same.

The way it works now, only the letter should be used to prevent someone from entering a lobby.
    But you did the opposite.
    You're wrong, please read my answer three posts above.
    aka Ironik

I7 7700K // ASUS PRIME Z270-A // 16Go DDR 4 // inno3d gtx1080 ti // OCZ agility 240Go // WD caviar Green 1To // Thrustmaster T300RS + Fanatec ClubSport pedals V3 // Oculus Rift CV1

Platform
    PS4
    Does one get penalized when leaving a session during practice or qualification?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Is anyone else struggling to get their safety rating up? I find that I'll get up to F and then the next race I'll get punted and it gets counted towards my rating.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Made a thread about this but ill say it here as well

One thing that annoy me is if a Lobby has a limit off E1000.
    It seems that U ranked and F ranked drivers can still join an E ranked and higher safety class if they are friends with anyone in race...

Being friends doesnt mean safe driving... Having High safety rating is there for a reason to stop anyone from lower safety rank
    to attend for a race. To Join E1000 They should be minimum rank E! Its something that is earned from safe driving!

If friends with low ranks can join ranks out off their leauge its a safety risk for anybody else.

Im so annoyed at it i hoped ranking system would stop anyone with lower rank to join but doesnt seem like it.

I really hope this gets removed so ONLY minimum same rank can join as the limit.
    Last edited by takaii; 25-09-2017 at 11:56.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: FatnSlo, surtic86, TOCA2FREAK

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    PC crashed 3 times, lost about 150 points damnit lol.
    The following user likes this Post: surtic86

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebabfelix View Post
    PC crashed 3 times, lost about 150 points damnit lol.
    I had the same Issue Yesterday when i mad 2 Qualification one at 3 Place and another at 8 from 27 Players. Then the Session Changed to Race and my Game was crashing :/ hope it will not happen anymore often. There should be a Matching if you send a Crash Report that you don't loose Points
    | CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700X | GPU: RX Vega 64 | RAM: 32GB| VR: HTC VIVE | Wheel: Fanatec |