Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project cars 2 dropped frame/stuttering/freezing gameplay issue

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Project cars 2 dropped frame/stuttering/freezing gameplay issue

Hi guys, was wondering if someone can help me, this problem just developed and i cant figure it out, i was playing it fine 3 days ago when i got my pre release license key, but this morning its started having an issue with the game play. i have tried changing the render frames ahead to 4,3,2 and 1 but it still does it. i have upgraded to the lastest nvidia driver and still the same. im getting an average of about 75 frames and my pc isnt a slouch. like i said it was running fine. now doesnt matter which c ar or track i drive in i get the same issue. i have turned off all the external programs to see if it helped but it was to the same too.

my pc specs

intel 7700k
    32 gb ram
    512gb m2 ssd
    gigabyte aorus extrem 1080ti
    3x benq xr3501
    osw DD wheel
    Hpp pedals
    5dof motion

you can see it in this video, but its must worse in real life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqFLvCNX-og

any suggestions?

Platform
    PC
    Kinda looks like the same problem I had but not quite as bad,this fixed it it for me http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...12-Stutter-Fix
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, menos, poirqc

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks but this did not fix it. my other friend is having the same issue now too. it was right after the patch was rolled out. anyone else having this issue?

Platform
    PC
    Mine freezing in three cases.

First changing, saving car setup and second when someone joining/leaving online session.

Third most annoying...corners. Few corners after start new track is tragedy. Freeze, fast forward, wall

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    i just upgraded to a 1080 ti and am having these strange stutter issues that I never had on my 970. using zotac amp extreme core. The post above didn't help..

Superkart Pilot
    The way I was able to remove most of my stutter was to disable v-sync (or set it to "-fpscap 60" in my launch options) and playing in Windowed mode to get rid of a few unexpected freezes.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    When this game becomes CPU bound (due to GPU upgrade maybe), you could experience weird slowdowns and speed-ups. Also Nvida driver 388 (and later) have reported bad frame timing in a number of games.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I tried all the above fixes and more. what made it better for me was to uninstall all the nvidia drivers, after i uninstalled one, the last one would show out in control panel, so i repeated all it until there was nothing left. it worked for a while, but then degraded again.

it must be something in the OS itself, because it got to a point where i just said fuck it, ill reinstall windows. did that 2 days ago, 388 drivers went on straight away, creaters update on, game mode off. now im getting 20 more frames then what i did before no turning off vsync, no fps cap bullshit and shes runs silky smooth. getting avg 75 fps on ultra/high @ 7680x1080

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I think I fixed some of the lag by reducing my monitor refresh rate. I found my issue is called "judder" which only happens with head movement on the oculus (also see "stroboscope"). Playing on my monitor is no problem. If you VR then maybe try https://support.oculus.com/1636962739910975/. Another person reinstalled his OS and it went away https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comm...s_judder_what/

I'm going to try these as soon as I get my new computer from newegg (black november sales).

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I get judder/freeze both in vr and on monitor (without vr). I have tried everything mentioned here and elsewhere:
    Reinstalled windows
    Tried different refreshrates
    Tried different graphics settings
    Disabled various services mentioned around on the internet

It was good for a few days after reinstalling windows, but degraded again.

I would think it's either driver related, or project cars software related. Something is poorly coded somewhere.