Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: [KNOWN Workaround post #56/149] Career progress gone

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Does the 700kb saved data file also include personal preferences (controller mapping, audio settings etc) info as well as career progress?
    If it does (and it's a single file) then the file isn't getting deleted when career progress has gone awol because on all three occasions this has happened to me my personal preferences have remained intact.

Have SMS considered the problem might not be that game progress is saving incorrectly but is actually not loading correctly on restart? All the mentions of events completed, invitations completed and how you shut down the game itself seems way too random to be a defining problem - with the only 100% consistent thing being that everybody loads the game to find something is wrong. Unless i've missed something then career progress never loses itself in it's current session and you can shut down the game without forcing a save (and subsequently reload it with no problems) so it stands to reason that the saved file must be ok at any given time.

Q:Why did the XB1 gamer cross the road?
    A:To render the graphics on the other side.
    Boris The Frog
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Frog View Post
    Does the 700kb saved data file also include personal preferences (controller mapping, audio settings etc) info as well as career progress?
    If it does (and it's a single file) then the file isn't getting deleted when career progress has gone awol because on all three occasions this has happened to me my personal preferences have remained intact.

Have SMS considered the problem might not be that game progress is saving incorrectly but is actually not loading correctly on restart? All the mentions of events completed, invitations completed and how you shut down the game itself seems way too random to be a defining problem - with the only 100% consistent thing being that everybody loads the game to find something is wrong. Unless i've missed something then career progress never loses itself in it's current session and you can shut down the game without forcing a save (and subsequently reload it with no problems) so it stands to reason that the saved file must be ok at any given time.
    Thanks for the tip...forwarded it...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following user likes this Post: ShneebnaMRR108

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yes the controller shutting off and signing out of game causes my standings to go blank and 0 wins etc., at end of season, it does not cause my career to be wiped. This however has maybe been fixed, after I posted about it earlier I was very careful to turn controller off. Recently I let it shutoff on purpose a bunch of times and it no longer signs me out of game? Was there a little update I missed fixing this? For a while there it was 100% reliability if controller shut itself off I was signed out and lost season standings, hasn't been doing this to me however for last week or so.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydRTurbo View Post
    Yes the controller shutting off and signing out of game causes my standings to go blank and 0 wins etc., at end of season, it does not cause my career to be wiped. This however has maybe been fixed, after I posted about it earlier I was very careful to turn controller off. Recently I let it shutoff on purpose a bunch of times and it no longer signs me out of game? Was there a little update I missed fixing this? For a while there it was 100% reliability if controller shut itself off I was signed out and lost season standings, hasn't been doing this to me however for last week or so.
    There's not been an update AFAIK...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    No updates for Xbox since 3.0.
    Xbox One X!
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by OddTimer View Post
    I've restarted my career awhile back...I've done pretty much all of it, apart from 2 or 3 rally championships, so this includes GT3 as well. So far, fingers crossed, my career is intact. What I have NOT done is invitational and factory.
    Same here, going to all career races in all catagories and only when ive done them all will i move onto the factory and invitationals. So far so good..........
    Xbox one x, Thrustmaster Tx, Ferrari F1 add on, Ferrari 599XX EVO alacantara add on, T3pa pro pedals, Th8a shifter, Gt omega art cockpit, Samsung 49" Qled tv
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    My campaign disappeared last night... roughly 60 hours gone.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Mine also. :-(
    I had done all championships in all Tiers with no problem.
    Just did a manufacturer event, finished The game.
    Restarted the game after an hour or so and bye bye progress.
    Sorry but this is realy starting to get on my nerves.
    50+ hours bye bye.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hexagram87 View Post
    My campaign disappeared last night... roughly 60 hours gone.
    Did you do any invitationals/manufacturer events?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Just to amend a post i deleted last night. NASCAR heat 2 had a near identical problem and a friend and I discovered a simple workaround (which went official) that completely cured their save glitch. Well, over the past few weeks we've been trying a similar method (it's not possible to replicate it to the letter due to PC2's signout process) and although we've not played the game a great deal, to accelerate any potential glitch we have made a point of restarting the game after every single event. The good news is that during that time neither of us have suffered any career loss and whilst i've only done 1 and a bit career completions (lower to upper tier) and some of the sub events my partner in crime has done 3 full passes and almost all the sub events (he was cheevo hunting and i wasn't).
    OK, the (possible) workaround:

1: Before quitting the game, select 'continue career' >> 'start' and then press 'X' to change career settings.
    2: Alter anything and then save the changes (to force a game save)
    3: On the same screen press the XBox home button, select your profile and sign out
    4: Quit the game as you normally would and sign your gamertag back in

There was a little more for NH2 but it's not possible to do in PC2. I'm not saying this is guaranteed - all i'm saying is it's yet to fail.

I really do hope this helps (SMS can name an ai racer after us if it proves ok)

Q:Why did the XB1 gamer cross the road?
    A:To render the graphics on the other side.
    Boris The Frog
    The following 3 users likes this Post: JasonSandwich, Konan, Sankyo