Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossfire not working.

Platform
    PC

Crossfire not working.

I've just noticed my crossfire isn't working. It's enabled in CCC and works fine with other games but my second GPU isn't doing anything and my framerates are way down. I have 2 R9 290x's. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks in advance.

Platform
    PC
    It might need a driver update from AMD. Nvidia just released their update which included their SLI profile for PC2. You likely need the same from AMD.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: zbran

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    It might need a driver update from AMD. Nvidia just released their update which included their SLI profile for PC2. You likely need the same from AMD.
    I installed the latest drivers before I started playing.. I have a feeling that might be the issue . I'll try roll back the drivers and see does that fix it. I have a 4k screen and it's actually playable if I lower the settings a bit. getting 35-45 fps atm..

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    That s weird, the latest AMD patch specifically mentions multiGPU driver for PCARS2.
    Windows 10-64bit, Intel i2500, AMD R9 380 4GB, 8GB RAM, 40'' TV, Accuforce V2, Fanatec V3i pedals.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by konnos View Post
    That s weird, the latest AMD patch specifically mentions multiGPU driver for PCARS2.

Yeah but AMD drivers have a history of not doing what they say on the tin. I won't bash AMD though because tbf I've had nothing more than the odd niggle with a driver over the years, and this is my first issue I've had (if it is drivers) for well over 2 years. I'm sure I'll get it sorted today. Maybe I should update this thread in case there are others with the problem?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I have the same problem, although with a 295x2. In the histogram for the 2nd gpu, the activity line (green) does not show up at all.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattyd View Post
    I have the same problem, although with a 295x2. In the histogram for the 2nd gpu, the activity line (green) does not show up at all.

Ok so I'm not the only one then. a 295x2 is basically the same as what I have.

So what I have done so far.

* Stripped out 17.9.2 drivers with 3rd party software and reinstalled them fully.

*This made no difference, no second GPU utilisation in PC2.

*Ran various other titles to confirm no hardware issue BF1, Warhammer TW, Dying light, Dirt Rally.

*All games working perfectly with both GPU's fully utilised @3840x2160@60Hz

*dropped resolution to make sure it wasn't a "4k" thing. No activity from the 2nd GPU in PC2.

*I rolled back the drivers to 17.9.1 and followed the exact same steps as above and produced the exact same results.

So I'm fairly confident with my testing and Mattyd having a similar problem that the issue is with AMD's drivers. :-(

Ahh well, I can at least still play the game I just have to dial down all the beautiful eye candy :-(, I'm sure AMD will patch the driver quickly.

Platform
    PC
    Hey Mattyd, I see you made a post on the AMD forum. Do you want to link our thread so they can see what I have done so far testing wise? It might save a little time with the tedious "is your GPU seated correctly" questions :-)
    The following user likes this Post: Mattyd

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Done.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by zbran View Post
    Ok so I'm not the only one then. a 295x2 is basically the same as what I have.

So what I have done so far.

* Stripped out 17.9.2 drivers with 3rd party software and reinstalled them fully.

*This made no difference, no second GPU utilisation in PC2.

*Ran various other titles to confirm no hardware issue BF1, Warhammer TW, Dying light, Dirt Rally.

*All games working perfectly with both GPU's fully utilised @3840x2160@60Hz

*dropped resolution to make sure it wasn't a "4k" thing. No activity from the 2nd GPU in PC2.

*I rolled back the drivers to 17.9.1 and followed the exact same steps as above and produced the exact same results.

So I'm fairly confident with my testing and Mattyd having a similar problem that the issue is with AMD's drivers. :-(

Ahh well, I can at least still play the game I just have to dial down all the beautiful eye candy :-(, I'm sure AMD will patch the driver quickly.
    I have done pretty much the same, but I have also tried loading game specific crossfire profiles from Project Cars 1 and Project Cars 2. (The first game works fine with the default setting, I just thought it may have been worth a try)
    The following user likes this Post: zbran