Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossfire not working.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattyd View Post
    I have done pretty much the same, but I have also tried loading game specific crossfire profiles from Project Cars 1 and Project Cars 2. (The first game works fine with the default setting, I just thought it may have been worth a try)
    Ok mate, I guess we just have to wait for them to get back to us now. Not much else we can do. We have proven it's not a hardware thing so that should save some time.

Platform
    PC
    CrossFire wasn't working on my Win 10 x64, (2) 270x GPUs until I added a profile for "pCARS2.exe" 2 & set Crossfire to Optimized 1x1. Does great while racing but during replies & outer car shots before the race I get anomalies.
    System 1 - LIAN LI PC-777A, ASRock 990FX Extreme9, AMD FX-8350 4.8GHz, Noctua NH-D14, G.SKILL Ripjaws XSeries PC3-19200 8GB x2 16GB, XFX R9 270X (x2 Crossfire)
    System 2 - NZXT Panzerbox, ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM, Intel Xeon X5650 6 core 4.2GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair DDR3 PC3-12800 2GB x6 12GB, XFX R9 270X

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Still no joy with this, not heard anything though AMD either. Has anyone got Crossfire working properly with this game??

WMD Member
    Greetings,

same problem here with 2x Fury X's. 17.9.3 doesn't things make better...
    So we can just wait.

Regards,

Palulukas

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    yep I was all hopeful when I saw the new beta release. still the same

Platform
    PC
    Hey Matty, I see you posted over on the AMD forum. It's the same for me, I've updated to the new drivers and still zero utilisation of the second GPU. I have however noticed my FPS has stabilised at a solid 50FPS. I'm playing at 4k with some of the eye candy dialled down so I have to say I'm impressed with that considering the age of the R9 290X. :-)

Platform
    PC
    Hi Guys,
    Ive noticed if the steam overlay is active I have to Alt/Tab to desktop and then back. Upon doing so, it works in Crossfire.

Why? No idea... Typical AMD crossfire headaches.
    Best Regards,
    Stu
    Windows 10 pro 64bit //Core i7-3770K @ 4.4ghz delidded and WC. // 3x Radeon 7970's @ 1200/1600 WC // 16GB DDR3 @ 2200mhz. // 3x 24" 120hz in Eyefinity at 5760x1080 // Thrustmaster T500 RS wheel & pedals // GT Omega ART RS6

Superkart Pilot
    I had the same issues on PC2 launch (17.9.1 installed).

It took me an entire weekend to do the DDU + reinstall routine + custom installation over and over with several driver revisions starting all the way in the 16.xx drivers up to the last 17.9.2 driver + MSI AB to get it to run with crossfire (without crossfire PC2 was unusable with FPS in the mid 20’s).

I now run 60+ FPS with a mix of low to high settings and MEDIUM MSAA on triple screens.

The only big issue that remains is flickering reflections and shadows (seem to be related to the AA setting choosen -> disable MSAA in game -> no flickering).

I am wary of installing and testing 17.9.3 as it has been reported already not to work well for some (I have to use modified drivers as of Macintosh) and the setup runs perfect now for my mainly used sim (Assetto Corsa).

The key with my installation was:

1) absolute clean 17.9.2 install (DDU in save mode first and uninstall of ANY overclocking tools)
    2) clean install of MSI Afterburner
    3) overclock with MSI AB and use unofficial overclocking method in MSI AB in combination with the usual ULPS and voltage unlock settings one should do with AMD cards)

If you dont do 3) properly the effect was usually that at least one of the GPUs would be either stuck in low power mode (at base clock) or fluctuate while the other GPU wouldfluctuate in usage and FPS expectedly would be abysmal.

If you end up like this I found a complete do-over as described above is quicker and healthier to the nerves than trying to fiddle with MSI AB settings.

Also in some cases I found it helped to start Project Cars 2 from the Crimson control software profile (use the PC2 crossfire profile of course) instead of starting it through Steam or a desktop alias.

Anyone using a Mac and eager to get this to work, I use the modified AMD drivers from bootcampdrivers dot com for several generations and they were great thus far.
    Asus ROG 370E Gaming | Intel i7 8700K | 32GB Kingston HyperX 3600 | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti | Win 10 64-bit | 5760 x 1080 @ 60 Hz | Triple Screen
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mattyd, zbran

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the write up menos, although I still cannot get this to work with my crossfire setup. I have a 295x2 which works fine with the first game.

Could you outline EXACTLY what you are doing for each step please. Especially in Msi with regards to which boxes to check and which to leave.
    I searched for the unofficial overclocking method for msi, followed all instructions for that and as per your instructions.
    This lead to pcars2 crashing on startup until I closed afterburner (I have turned off all osd as bug splat stated this was causing the crash)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I have it! at least for my system.

I basically followed menos instructions, although I had to find the 17.9.2 driver install package from the AMD folder on my boot drive as the only ones available from AMD are 17.7.2 and 17.9.3 which didn't seem to work. Also running the 4.4.0 msi AB version.

I run the game from a shortcut on my desktop to the pcars2.exe in the steamapps folder because the crimson software doesn't seem to load the game profile if I run from the steam shortcut.

When running the game I noticed that it was actually running the pcarsavx file from the steamapps folder.

I browsed for that file through the crimson software, and set that to run the AMD Prefined profile in Crossfire Mode for Project Cars 2 and now it works.

Thanks menos for your run through, I would not have got this working without you.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: menos, zbran