Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crossfire not working.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I just installed two RX Vega 56 cards with a clean driver install (rebooted in safe mode and removed old drivers with DDU before installing new cards) on version 18.1.1.

I have Enabled the PCARS 2 Crossfire profile under the game profile in Radeon settings. I also enabled the "AMD Crossfire Logo" so I could verify that Crossfire was loading. The logo appears in the game's menu, so Crossfire appears to be properly enabled. The tachometer on both Vega cards also lights up and maxes out while the menu is up.

When I try to enter a race, practice session, or load a replay the track loading screen comes up as usual. But as soon as it reaches 68% loaded, the game closes and the bug reporter comes up.

If I disable Crossfire and use one card, the tracks load just fine.

Does anyone have a solution for this, or does this issue require a game or driver update to correct?
    I know Vega Crossfire users are probably an abysmally small percentage of this game's player base, but I would love to see this issue solved and realize my full FPS potential. :-)
    Motherboard: ASUS Crossfire VI Hero | CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1800X | GPU: 2x MSI RX Vega 56 Air Boost 8GB | RAM: 16GB Gskill TridentZ RGB DDR4 3066 MHz | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Wheel: Logitech G27

Superkart Pilot
    It might help if you install MSI Afterburner (without using ANY of the overclocking or tweak features) but to enable the in game overlay and detailed monitoring to see what your GPUs are really doing.

This is to verify that your GPUs are really used properly (the AMD Xfire logo alone does not tell much).

This way you can verify:

- are the GPUs at the correct 3D rendering clock speed in game
    - are the GPUs BOTH properly utilized

Also: I have found that since AMD included a pCars 2 Xfire profile that using "Optimize 1x1" does actually lead to much better GPU utilization, smoother frames (less fluctuation) and generally higher FPS. This is using older drivers though than you have and not the GPUs you have.

I also found that certain in game settings are not working well with AMD cards and lead to graphics issues and/or crashes.

For me for example these include various in game anti aliasing settings.
    The moment I activate "super sampling" in game I would get a black screen 3D render (menu over lays would be rendered and sounds confirm that the game is actually running).
    This is a situation where with another hardware config (yours) it would actually lead to a crash (possibly a cause of what you experience.

My advice:

Test various in game graphics settings (first all AA OFF) to confirm that the crash is not related to any of the in game settings.
    Asus ROG 370E Gaming | Intel i7 8700K | 32GB Kingston HyperX 3600 | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti | Win 10 64-bit | 5760 x 1080 @ 60 Hz | Triple Screen

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by menos View Post
    It might help if you install MSI Afterburner (without using ANY of the overclocking or tweak features) but to enable the in game overlay and detailed monitoring to see what your GPUs are really doing. This is to verify that your GPUs are really used properly (the AMD Xfire logo alone does not tell much).

This way you can verify:
    - are the GPUs at the correct 3D rendering clock speed in game
    - are the GPUs BOTH properly utilized
    Well actually, that wouldn't verify either of those things. lol. As I mentioned, I can load the game menus fine, but I can't actually load any tracks/models at all.
    So with the Radeon overlay, I can tell I'm getting 450+ FPS in the menu, and I can tell I'm using about 30% of GPU1 and 20% of GPU2 - but the game menu is hardly indicative of a load that would force my GPU utilization or clocks to their highest levels.

At no point can I get any actual game play rendering that would show whether the cards are being properly loaded or reaching their proper clocks, the game always crashes before that can happen.

The Crossfire logo does tell me something important, it indicates a Crossfire profile is actually being used, that's it's whole purpose (aside from demo/advertising). If Crossfire is enabled on the cards, but the game does not hook the Crossfire profile then that Crossfire logo will not display on screen.

Also: I have found that since AMD included a pCars 2 Xfire profile that using "Optimize 1x1" does actually lead to much better GPU utilization, smoother frames (less fluctuation) and generally higher FPS. This is using older drivers though than you have and not the GPUs you have.
    Yeah, I am pretty sure this issue is Vega specific as the only users I have found reporting a similar issue to mine are also using RX Vega cards.
    I did try "Optimize 1x1", but I still get the same crash.

I also found that certain in game settings are not working well with AMD cards and lead to graphics issues and/or crashes.
    For me for example these include various in game anti aliasing settings.
    The moment I activate "super sampling" in game I would get a black screen 3D render (menu over lays would be rendered and sounds confirm that the game is actually running).
    This is a situation where with another hardware config (yours) it would actually lead to a crash (possibly a cause of what you experience).

My advice:
    Test various in game graphics settings (first all AA OFF) to confirm that the crash is not related to any of the in game settings.
    This was a great suggestion! I tried turning off all AA and setting AF as low as it would let me, but unfortunately it would still crash exactly at 68% on the loading screen.
    I continued stepping down all other options one at a time, until eventually every single setting was either off or at it's lowest value, but it would still crash every single time at 68%.
    I have a strong feeling this will require a new driver or game update to solve.

Thank you for your suggestions Menos, if you think of anything else feel free to let me know. :-)
    Last edited by Linus Leader; 21-01-2018 at 22:24.
    Motherboard: ASUS Crossfire VI Hero | CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1800X | GPU: 2x MSI RX Vega 56 Air Boost 8GB | RAM: 16GB Gskill TridentZ RGB DDR4 3066 MHz | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Wheel: Logitech G27

Superkart Pilot
    Try to go the other way around, turn down ALL graphics settings to their lowest values and work your way up one setting at a time until you run into the crash again to isolate if it really is settings related.

Also definitely open a technical issue thread in the proper forum to get attention specific to your problem from the mods.
    You might be getting better help this way.

Good luck!
    Asus ROG 370E Gaming | Intel i7 8700K | 32GB Kingston HyperX 3600 | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti | Win 10 64-bit | 5760 x 1080 @ 60 Hz | Triple Screen
    The following user likes this Post: Linus Leader

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Linus Leader View Post
    Yeah, I am pretty sure this issue is Vega specific as the only users I have found reporting a similar issue to mine are also using RX Vega cards.
    I did try "Optimize 1x1", but I still get the same crash.
    Hope you find a solution soon.

I just got my crossfired 290s to work last night, partly because I never bothered to fix it until then. Adrenalin 17.12.1 driver; AMD predefined profile was only showing 30-40% gpu load per card but the 1x1 bumped it up to a consistent 60-80%. Was able to maintain a solid 60fps in both cockpit and external replay at 1080p60 16x AA all settings high.

Both cards were stock and hit the expected clocks, though it was worrying how quickly they hit 85C. (finally got the overlay to work as well which was neat, although annoying how it only lets you monitor one card at a time and the mobile metrics app is bugged)
    The following user likes this Post: Linus Leader

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Linus Leader View Post
    I just installed two RX Vega 56 cards with a clean driver install (rebooted in safe mode and removed old drivers with DDU before installing new cards) on version 18.1.1.

I have Enabled the PCARS 2 Crossfire profile under the game profile in Radeon settings. I also enabled the "AMD Crossfire Logo" so I could verify that Crossfire was loading. The logo appears in the game's menu, so Crossfire appears to be properly enabled. The tachometer on both Vega cards also lights up and maxes out while the menu is up.

When I try to enter a race, practice session, or load a replay the track loading screen comes up as usual. But as soon as it reaches 68% loaded, the game closes and the bug reporter comes up.

If I disable Crossfire and use one card, the tracks load just fine.

Does anyone have a solution for this, or does this issue require a game or driver update to correct?
    I know Vega Crossfire users are probably an abysmally small percentage of this game's player base, but I would love to see this issue solved and realize my full FPS potential. :-)
    I have the same exact issue when loading at 68% on two separate systems of Crossfire VEGA 64's.

I also have MSI Afterburner running an OSD Off and On validating Crossfire is enabled. Game works perfectly when disabling Crossfire in Radeon Settings.

System 1:

AMD R7 1700X
    ASUS Crosshair Hero VI
    Corsair Dominator 16GB DDR4 3200
    Crossfire VEGA 64

System 2:

Intel i7 8700k
    ASUS Maximus Hero X
    Corsair Dominator 16GB DDR4 3200
    Crossfire VEGA 64

Multiple systems with the same exact issue. Something is definitely not working correctly.

I also want to point out SLI works great though.

System 3:

Intel i7 5820k
    ASUS X99M-WS
    Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3000
    SLI GTX 1080Ti FTW3's
    Last edited by hyp36rmax; 16-02-2018 at 07:39.
    Main Rig: #phase02: Build Log: Silverstone TJ08-E | Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5ghz | AMD Sapphire VAPOR-X R9 290X 8GB CrossfireX | 16GB RAM DDR3| ASUS Maximus GENE V | ASUS PB287Q UHD 4k Monitor | Custom Liquid Cooled

Upcoming Upgrades: Intel X99 i7 5820K | 16GB RAM DDR4 | Thrustmaster T500RS | Rseat R1 Simulator Rig

Currently Driving: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX RS

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Well, I tried again today with two Vega 64's (identical) but have same issue of crashing during load. Wonder if something about the Vega's and current drivers is just not crossfire friendly (at least for pcars 2).

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I'm still having the same issues even up to driver version 18.6.1.

A "Support Mega Thread" just opened up on r/AMD, please submit this issue there if you can to raise awareness!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...rt_megathread/

My submission: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...b07/?context=3

Please upvote anyone you see reporting this issue!