Thread: [SOLVED] Game applying brake even though brake pedal not depressed [SOLVED]

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[SOLVED] Game applying brake even though brake pedal not depressed [SOLVED]

I got very frustrated today as I tried multiple tracks (Knockhill, Snetterton, and others), and when I would hit an area that I had to break hard prior to entering the turns, I'd let off the brake, and floor the accelerator, only to have the brake come back on, and requiring me to downshift and get out of it, but by then my speed was far lower than it should have been. It seemed to do this repeatedly at the same spot in the track. If I had a loose connection in my hardware, I would expect random behavior, but this is hardly random. It seemed to do it other places as well, but there were definitely spots, where it happened all the time. I have a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia Edition, and have recalibrated pedals and wheel multiple times. No joy. Tried rebooting. Tried Changing setups. Turned off all the assists just in case. Same behavior. Really makes it difficult to be competitive when the car decides your braking no matter what. Anybody else see this behavior?
    Last edited by lurkusmaximus; 24-09-2017 at 03:57. Reason: Issue resolved

Platform
    PC
    Does this happen in any other game? If so you have an issue with the pedals themselves.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    Does this happen in any other game? If so you have an issue with the pedals themselves.
    Nope. Never happens with pcars 1, asseta corsa, or F1 2016. Hence my comment about if it was a loose wire, I would expect totally random braking/accelerating. Tried moving the wire while I played in the hopes that if it was a wiring issue, it would get much worse. It had no effect.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I would double check if you are not driving with some assists on

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliman View Post
    I would double check if you are not driving with some assists on
    I'll do that tomorrow, but I am confident I turned them all off. I assume one does not have to totally exit and reenter after changing those settings.

Platform
    PC
    The Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia is not supported on PC, so YMMV.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Bliman was correct. I had turned off all the driving assists, yet somehow, the braking assist was still on. Turning that off fixed the issue. Plays like it should now. Thank you BLIMAN
    The following user likes this Post: Ian Bell

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    The Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia is not supported on PC, so YMMV.
    However, this wheel is listed as supported at https://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html. Third from the top on the PC list.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkusmaximus View Post
    However, this wheel is listed as supported at https://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html. Third from the top on the PC list.
    It actually should be the F458 without the Italia on it, but that's the PC1 list anyway:

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/proj...t.html?lang=en
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips