Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rain is undrivable

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Rain is undrivable

Not sure if im the only person to have this issue but im finding the wet races impossible to drive. Cars aqua planes everywhere. No wet weather tyre option. The AI is not affected. No problem with grip or traction.

any advice

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by NemesisRacing View Post
    Not sure if im the only person to have this issue but im finding the wet races impossible to drive. Cars aqua planes everywhere. No wet weather tyre option. The AI is not affected. No problem with grip or traction.

any advice
    I've raced in the rain on PC2. By default, tires are set to auto. When I've done a couple of races in the rain. My cars did have wet tires on them. I didn't have any problem driving in the rain. Had to adjust my approach to turns due to weather. All good to me with what I've experienced.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR (w/HDR Game Mode)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Canadian_2Four, GenBrien, hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    I've raced in the rain on PC2. By default, tires are set to auto. When I've done a couple of races in the rain. My cars did have wet tires on them. I didn't have any problem driving in the rain. Had to adjust my approach to turns due to weather. All good to me with what I've experienced.

Its not the race cars that are the problem its the road cars. They dont have a wet tyre option. my options have been track, all-terrain, summer, winter and ice. none have helped

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Oh, I've only driven LMP1, GT3 & Formula Rookie. Good to know that.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR (w/HDR Game Mode)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yeah I gave a road car a go in the rain and found it harder to drive than the GT3 & LMP1 Cars I drove in the same conditions, even at relatively slow speeds it didn’t feel right.
    XBox One X, Logitech G920 with H-Shifter, Wheel Stand Pro V2, LG 49" 4K UHD HDR TV, LG wireless soundbar & sub woofer, X-Rocker Pro chair, Sonic the Hedgehog mug filled with delicious coffee & a lovely stack of chocolate malted milk biscuits.
    (Just thought I'd get in on this listing specs in sigs!!)
    The following user likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports

Platform
    XBOX1
    Tried doing an invitational event at Snetterton in the KTM X-BOW.Conditions were rain and fog. Assists set to Authentic. Car felt undriveable...I was all over the place. I would start to lose the back end under acceleration, even on a straight...no way I could be competitive.

Same car feels great in the dry. Other cars I've tested in the wet (formula rookie, Ligier Honda LMP2, the 488 GT3) feel fine and just as I would expect...a little bit tricky, but predictable and very manageable. Not so with the x-bow. Not even close.

I understand that road cars have less grip due to road tires vs. wet racing tires, but this feels excessive.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports, Nint, Orothil

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I was also frustrated by Xbow on invitational.- the community event at Sugo also demonstrates road car wet issues although that one was a lot more about throttle control - the cars feel so light no weight to the car and it's very hard to determine what do with it

The xbow one didn't like hard decel or accel. It was just a mess I ran it a number of times trying changes in setups and then just quit out and went on to something else out of frustration.

Platform
    PC
    rain tires for race cars are vastly different from road cars tires (as are the racing slicks).. you cannot really compare them. A racing tire is made for high grip, has very soft compound compared to roadcar tires, the rain tires from racing cars are more like chewing gum!!

So racing tires for rain (maximum water displacement, very very soft) plus the race car's downforce makes it very stable in the rain. When you drive a roadcar at only half these speeds you struggle in every corner and while accelerating with only a bit too much power.

Please don't compare apples to pears... two completely different tires and completely different types of cars built for completely different purposes, equipped with two completely different types of tires....

did I mention that they are completely different? :-D
    The following user likes this Post: Robhd

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbtm View Post
    rain tires for race cars are vastly different from road cars tires (as are the racing slicks).. you cannot really compare them. A racing tire is made for high grip, has very soft compound compared to roadcar tires, the rain tires from racing cars are more like chewing gum!!

So racing tires for rain (maximum water displacement, very very soft) plus the race car's downforce makes it very stable in the rain. When you drive a roadcar at only half these speeds you struggle in every corner and while accelerating with only a bit too much power.

Please don't compare apples to pears... two completely different tires and completely different types of cars built for completely different purposes, equipped with two completely different types of tires....

did I mention that they are completely different? :-D
    As I mentioned, I totally understand all of that. I understand that it should be difficult to drive on road tires in the rain. My issue is with the degree of just how difficult doing that is. It doesn't feel right. To make matters worse, the AI don't seem to be affected by puddles and poor conditions, and sail on past me like they're cruising the California Highway in summertime.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, SALAMINIZER

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    After PC1's handling characteristics i fully expected PC2 to have improved this. I know that road cars an race cars react differently in the rain. A race car will always have more grip. It took me 40 minutes to do the invatational with the Xbow at Snetterton as i couldnt accelerate on the main straight. I was stuck doing about 80mph. 4th, 5th and 6th gears so short they were useless. Aquaplaning everywhere. I tried for an hour to do the invatational with the XJ220 at silverstone and could not make a dent in the setup of the car. Long straight and no acceleration. Aquaplaning everywhere. Rage quit more than once. The AI makes the apex every time whilst i slide to the outside due to standing water. This is all compounded by the fact that the AI is not affected by the rain. I loose traction over standing water. The AI sails over the same spot and behaves as though the track is bone dry. Quite frankly its infuriating.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh