Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rain is undrivable

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

The rain isn't right...

Quote Originally Posted by sbtm View Post
    rain tires for race cars are vastly different from road cars tires (as are the racing slicks).. you cannot really compare them. A racing tire is made for high grip, has very soft compound compared to roadcar tires, the rain tires from racing cars are more like chewing gum!!

So racing tires for rain (maximum water displacement, very very soft) plus the race car's downforce makes it very stable in the rain. When you drive a roadcar at only half these speeds you struggle in every corner and while accelerating with only a bit too much power.

Please don't compare apples to pears... two completely different tires and completely different types of cars built for completely different purposes, equipped with two completely different types of tires....

did I mention that they are completely different? :-D
    It's not just on the street cars. I used the ginetta gt5 car with wets on Silverstone(the shortest version) just now in the rain. It felt really good for about 7 laps then the puddles started to form and on the second straight it was impossible to control. Try it yourself if you dont believe me. I'm a racing game vet and I don't mind a challenge but this was just rediculous. Even at low speed and very little throttle I could not keep the car on the road. I even pit and put on extreme wet tires and still the same result. It is upsetting because it's really cool how the track changes as the race goes on but this extreme hydroplaning is not right. And to top it off like others have said, the AI isn't affected by it. If they don't fix this It will pretty much ruin the rain experience on this game which was one if the main features I was looking forward to. Maybe its not like this for every car but 2 times I've driven in rain, 2 diff tracks, 2 different cars, same result.

Other than that and the problem with the g920 wheel, which sounds like they are addressing already, I've really enjoyed the game. I hope they look into this rain issue.
    Last edited by Werdpc; 25-09-2017 at 06:54.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NemesisRacing View Post
    Its not the race cars that are the problem its the road cars. They dont have a wet tyre option. my options have been track, all-terrain, summer, winter and ice. none have helped
    Rain tyres are not available for road cars. For my own real-life car, rain tyres also don't exist
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I tried the community event and couldn't even accelerate, does it have rain tyres on?

Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't know what I'm think of the puddles or should I call it seas the smaller puddles are not that issue but there 100m long puddles as wide as the track. Some times two close together.
    So at one side I think it's a question of practice at the other side I think that even road tires have more grip in real.
    I never been that brave to drive in real with such speed over such deep and big puddles ��
    At the moment is see it more as a challenge. But I'm testing the most time.
    Most important is that the AI drive then the same speed as I and not through the puddles as there where not there.
    If life gives you lemons than make lemonade out of it
    Xbox gamertag Psychomantyx .....
    Favorite Racinggames: Assetto Corsa - PCars - F1 2017 and lot others since Grand Prix Legends ..........

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I think this is broken, rather than user error or a lack of skill. Some of the wet events are fine while others are completely undrivable.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I tried now all terrain tires and have no problem to drive in the rain. It's better than the recommended tires I think. So I would say it's far away from undrivable
    If life gives you lemons than make lemonade out of it
    Xbox gamertag Psychomantyx .....
    Favorite Racinggames: Assetto Corsa - PCars - F1 2017 and lot others since Grand Prix Legends ..........

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Wet is definitely broken in some tracks/car combo's. Sometimes I can drive fine in the rain and other times it's worse than ice. Fuji is a good example of a track that can't be driven in GT3 in rain. It slides more than ice lol

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    Rain tyres are not available for road cars. For my own real-life car, rain tyres also don't exist
    Try harder to help us here friend. The main problem is that we are not felling right the difficult to control some road cars on the rain. The difference between AI and ours is too big. I want you to try the race by invitation, on the career, super lights cars ( I think is that) and say to me if that is or isn't normal.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Werdpc View Post
    It's not just on the street cars. I used the ginetta gt5 car with wets on Silverstone(the shortest version) just now in the rain. It felt really good for about 7 laps then the puddles started to form and on the second straight it was impossible to control. Try it yourself if you dont believe me. I'm a racing game vet and I don't mind a challenge but this was just rediculous. Even at low speed and very little throttle I could not keep the car on the road. I even pit and put on extreme wet tires and still the same result. It is upsetting because it's really cool how the track changes as the race goes on but this extreme hydroplaning is not right. And to top it off like others have said, the AI isn't affected by it. If they don't fix this It will pretty much ruin the rain experience on this game which was one if the main features I was looking forward to. Maybe its not like this for every car but 2 times I've driven in rain, 2 diff tracks, 2 different cars, same result.

Other than that and the problem with the g920 wheel, which sounds like they are addressing already, I've really enjoyed the game. I hope they look into this rain issue.
    ^true

Platform
    XBOX1
    So I just did the Porsche Cayman International, Round 4 at Zolder. Around lap 5-6 (out of 12 laps total), rain starts and after a lap or two the whole track is saturated with water.

I had two main issues with Zolder in this championship initially, but both have now been worked around/solved:

- When rain started to fall, I pitted for wet tyres. I selected it using the DPAD menu (can't remember its actual name) and requested a pit stop. The pit crew were out, my car boxed, but they released me immediately without changing my tyres. I remained on hard slicks and of course, skidded into the pit exit barrier straight away, screwing my suspension and front aero. I'm not sure why this happened, but on restarting the race I changed my pit strategy to "Change all tyres", use "Wet" compounds and removed any "Recommended" setting that might have been there. Saved that pit strategy, selected it and raced again. When the rain fell, I boxed again and sure enough, I got four new wets. Woohoo! No skidding! I think what happened was because the forecast when I asked for the pit stop was "Overcast" not "Rain", the game thought "This guy doesn't need wets, its not wet yet - keep him on his hard slicks". I now have a backup "wet" pit strategy that I apply to every race, just in case it starts raining.

- The other issue was that the AI didn't pit at all, regardless of the weather. When the rain started they stayed out on track on their race start tyres, which I can only assume are hard slicks as they were putting in lap times akin to my own when I started the race. This happened every time I attempted this race and I had to put early and try very very hard to catch up to the pack to have the slightest of chances of not finishing last. This changed with whatever patch was released for XB1 in the past week - the AI now pit when the rain starts and levels the playing field much better.

Since figuring out the first and having the second point fixed, Zolder became one of my most enjoyable races. Feeling the car start to aquaplane when you're nursing it into the pits to change to wets is really fun and rewarding.
    Xbox Live - SpiffyTheSeal