Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rain is undrivable

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Its also the same issue in GT5 Ginnetta. Car was literally undrivable in puddles on All Weather tires.GT3 wiil run no issues with Wets on.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynomight Motorsports View Post
    Its also the same issue in GT5 Ginnetta. Car was literally undrivable in puddles on All Weather tires.GT3 wiil run no issues with Wets on.
    There are no wets for the Ginnetta GT5. I would think the all season tires would be the correct choice for light rain, but that race at Silverstone in career taught me otherwise. Turns out **edit** ALL TERRAIN tires are preferred for rain conditions for that class.

I initally thought there were two bugs here. First was that the tires were categorized wrong. (Slicks were being treated as soft slicks, all season being treated has hard slicks, and all terrain being treated as rain tires.) I don't know if this is what is happening but seems possible??

Second, I thought the puddles in light rain conditions were building way to fast and in fact much faster than in full rain conditions. But someone pointed out that time is accelerated in the campaign races where as my testing if full rain was in static conditions with no time acceleration which could easily explain why the puddles get so big in the Ginetta career race.

Regardless - use all terrain tires. at least for now.
    Last edited by Outlier; 13-11-2017 at 13:20.
    The following user likes this Post: HockeyNick30

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I drove a wet race at Lemans for the first time. Nissan GTR GT3 with a Storm and wet tyres. I used a G920. Conditions were terrible as you'd expect and large puddles formed. Admittedly I've not had much practice but it was pretty much impossible to drive. There was massive aquaplaning in a straight line. I could just about make it round a lap slowly but what about the AI cars. Well, they'd long gone with no issues at all it seemed even in the same car

The wet weather races definitely needs to be looked at by the devs. I expect it to be hard to drive in the rain but not that hard and the AI should struggle too

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by pd555 View Post
    I drove a wet race at Lemans for the first time. Nissan GTR GT3 with a Storm and wet tyres.
    Was it a career race? Or a race you designed yourself? Maybe try with heavy/light rain for the time being.
    Are you sure that wet tires were installed? How where tires temperatures?
    maybe I will try le mans on the wet later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by pd555 View Post
    I expect it to be hard to drive in the rain but not that hard and the AI should struggle too
    Usually, the AI are really slow in raining conditions (when player is using rain tires). Yesterday I won with more than a minute over 2nd (30 min race)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by milliotseb View Post
    Was it a career race? Or a race you designed yourself? Maybe try with heavy/light rain for the time being.
    Are you sure that wet tires were installed? How where tires temperatures?
    maybe I will try le mans on the wet later today.

Usually, the AI are really slow in raining conditions (when player is using rain tires). Yesterday I won with more than a minute over 2nd (30 min race)
    This was a race I designed myself. 3 weather slots. Cloudy > Rain > Storm. I chose Rain tyres and I'm pretty sure they Rain tyres. Temperatures were warm

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    It should be better in the next patch.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I agree there are issues in the rain with some car and track scenarios, the Huracan GT3 works well at Sakitto even through standing water but with the exact same weather and tyre settings the Bentley GT3 is wayward even on the straights and goes sideways at the sight of standing water. A couple of the invitational events have similar issues, I forget exactly which one but I think an early supercar with huge power was as good as undrivable through standing water at Silverstone.

However there are many scenarios when the wet condistions are great fun on both PC and Xbox One. I made this video to look at the then updated v1.3 AI. The AI here were set to 120% and 100% aggression and as you can see they are still a bit slow and cautious but other than the first corner bunching they race well.

Anyway I enjoy the rain effects and puddle in PCARS2, here in the UK wet tracks are more often than not the reality so they are essential for a racing game. I hope there are improvements to make the tracks and cars more consistent in the wet.
    PC, Oculus Rift VR & Xbox One X

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I can't use track day A in the rain due to no wet tyre option which I think they have in real life.

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I tried the XJ220 invitational event last night and it was very difficult to control making it almost impossible to get close to any apexes let alone feel like i was driving the car. I initially had the tyres set o to automatic, which seemed to select "Track", but I did also try "All Terrain", which seemed about the same.

Are there any further changes planned for road cars in the wet? Or are there any setup tips to help?

Race cars, with full wet tyres feel great.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I just finished a wet race at Imola in GT3, awesome race.