Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rain is undrivable

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Rain tyres for ginetta gt5, my lap times.

Default loose, 12 lap fuel, Oulton park,summer, 1600, heavy rain, AI 110 / 100.

All terrain.
    Best lap - 2.13.
    Very slippery, braking difficult, could not catch AI, great fun to slide.

All weather.
    Best lap - 2.02.
    Overtaking AI.

In my experience all weather tyres are much better in the rain than all terrain.

Edit - added circuit - doh.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 13-02-2018 at 20:14.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    that is very strangle!!! in my personal car, I drive in rain at 100km/h. With race cars (much more grip as you said) you can not do a turn at 50km/h because you car looks like in the oil. completly undriveable. How can you explain that if the race car have much more grip?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sbtm View Post
    rain tires for race cars are vastly different from road cars tires (as are the racing slicks).. you cannot really compare them. A racing tire is made for high grip, has very soft compound compared to roadcar tires, the rain tires from racing cars are more like chewing gum!!

So racing tires for rain (maximum water displacement, very very soft) plus the race car's downforce makes it very stable in the rain. When you drive a roadcar at only half these speeds you struggle in every corner and while accelerating with only a bit too much power.

Please don't compare apples to pears... two completely different tires and completely different types of cars built for completely different purposes, equipped with two completely different types of tires....

did I mention that they are completely different? :-D
    that is very strangle!!! in my personal car, I drive in rain at 100km/h. With race cars (much more grip as you said) you can not do a turn at 50km/h because you car looks like in the oil. completly undriveable. How can you explain that if the race car have much more grip?

Platform
    PC
    In the trayectory mode there is a race with the BMW M3 at Imola that it's impossible for me go through the puddles with wet tyres even at 30kmh.

I pass the event avoiding the puddles going outside of the track. The wet grass has a lot more grip than the flooded tarmac.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 02-04-2018 at 18:45.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, HockeyNick30

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The puddles are extremely exaggerated. You cant cross a tiny one without loose the car even in lowers speeds. Maybe that has to be fixed because that is not real. I can drive at 100km/h with my real car without loosing the car in every corner with a puddle.

That bug is not only from Xbox, is for all platforms as well.
    T300 Alcantara + F1 Addon
    The following user likes this Post: sidy

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    just drive dry weather, no penalties and less than 10 opponents. best way to play the game, less frustrations more racing
    The following user likes this Post: ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sas5320 View Post
    just drive dry weather, no penalties and less than 10 opponents. best way to play the game, less frustrations more racing
    In trayectory the weather is scripted, you can't change it.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Just to fill in, nothing has been fixed. The game is still completely broken in rain, at least for road cars. Touch some water and youre down, the physics are really horrendous.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    We had a race last night in the Vintage F1 League (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ionship/page12) in the Lotus 49 at Rouen and we had rain from the start of the race and the conditions were pretty much undriveable in any realistic fashion. Huge lakes of water formed along the road from Sciere and through Paradis to turn 1 very quickly and no matter the speed you tried to go or what gear you used the car would just aqua-plane and spin around with the slightest input. More water formed at the hairpin and several times my car literally floated on the water and gently drifted into the grass banking damaging my steering even though the touch was very slight.

In an earlier test session in similar conditions I had AI in the mix and they were powering through those puddles with not a care in the world while I slipped and slid around unable to find the barest minimum of grip I gave up grabbed a fallen branch and did my best pedalo impression instead....
    The following user likes this Post: Sgt Formula 1

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    We had a race last night in the Vintage F1 League (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ionship/page12) in the Lotus 49 at Rouen and we had rain from the start of the race and the conditions were pretty much undriveable in any realistic fashion. Huge lakes of water formed along the road from Sciere and through Paradis to turn 1 very quickly and no matter the speed you tried to go or what gear you used the car would just aqua-plane and spin around with the slightest input. More water formed at the hairpin and several times my car literally floated on the water and gently drifted into the grass banking damaging my steering even though the touch was very slight.

In an earlier test session in similar conditions I had AI in the mix and they were powering through those puddles with not a care in the world while I slipped and slid around unable to find the barest minimum of grip I gave up grabbed a fallen branch and did my best pedalo impression instead....
    I had a quick look at that thread. It appears you ran default set ups. That will give you ' track' tyres, these are fine in the dry but are rubbish in the wet in this formula. They cool down after one lap and become awful to drive with.

Vintage tyres are much better in the wet, perhaps counterintuitive as they are more of a challenge in the dry. Think of them as wets for this formula and maybe drop the pressures a bit and you will find they keep up to temperature and wet driving with that car is transformed.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh