Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: [We know] No Pit at Nordschleife

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    IMO the combined is even better. It has that chill effect. After racing like a madman, your head almost explodes of concentration and with the combined you get that 1-2 minutes of time to cruise along before you go again on the green hell.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    It is clear that a solution is within your grasp as mentioned above and earlier in the thread, use the combined NS, is that really so terrible?
    My penchant is to recreate classic races and with that in mind the combined circuit is not where I wanted to race. Yes I can race it as a workaround but I was not aware on purchasing that I would need to make a workaround to race something that was perfectly fine in the first game. Why would I think otherwise.. there was nothing to indicate that to be the case.

If you bought a game with the Monaco track included would you expect to race anything other than Monaco?

It's not the end of the world as there are of course many other tracks to race (I assume no others have any similar handicap?) but as a BIG fan of that particular track and one that I would have raced more than any other of course it was a disappointment.

Platform
    PC
    It would be nice to just have an "invisible pit" feature for tracks that are missing them even if SMS don't want to go to the trouble of adding them to these tracks. Just add the return to pits option in the menu and have the car spawn off to the side by the start line after a few seconds- it doesn't have to be a realistic pitting experience (and could be a checkbox option if people would rather have this turned off). Having this available would let you run practice and qualifying while people join your lobby like all other tracks allow.
    The lack of pits and accompanying lack of informal multiplayer lobbies means that people aren't playing a big chunk of the game- Nordschleife, all the kart tracks, all the rallycross tracks (especially with a RX focused DLC coming out soon?)
    Last edited by ortazel; 06-12-2017 at 16:52.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    I think you are exaggerating a bit. That Monaco argument makes no sense using it in this context.
    The devs are actually replicating the real world track, which does not have/use a pit.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by V3nom View Post
    IMO the combined is even better. It has that chill effect. After racing like a madman, your head almost explodes of concentration and with the combined you get that 1-2 minutes of time to cruise along before you go again on the green hell.
    Therein is the problem... it's fine if you want that chill but not if you want to be racing what they raced back in the day. I like the intense concentration required of the 'real' circuit

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by V3nom View Post
    I think you are exaggerating a bit. That Monaco argument makes no sense using it in this context.
    The devs are actually replicating the real world track, which does not have/use a pit.
    Which cannot be used to race properly :/ How would you like to race Monaco without the ability to pit?

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Yeah I kind of get what you are saying. A invisible pit would solve all the problems and it should also be easier to implement then modeling everything.