Thread: A few setup questions

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

A few setup questions

Hi guys, I just have a few setup questions.

1. How do I tell how many laps the fuel load will give me? I'm assuming the "L" next to the number amount is "liters"? Or does it mean "laps"?

2. Why can't I make adjustments to the setup and then go out on the track to test them without saving?

3. Once I save a custom setup, the "Stable" and "Loose" setups seem to disappear from the load setup screen. Where can I find them? *EDIT* (found them)

4. Why don't the pit crew switch me to wets when it's raining? In the setup screen I have it set to automatic depending on weather. But that seems to be only leaving the box, it does not translate to the pit crew? If I want wets in the rain, I have to make a custom pit strategy with wets.

5. Suppose I have multiple pit strategies, but I can only check one to be active. Suppose I decide I want a different pit strategy when I enter the pit lane, how do I switch?

Thanks for any and all help and I hope these Qs aren't dumb.
    Last edited by Kipper Rickshaw; 24-09-2017 at 16:27.

Platform
    PC
    1. You have to do some reconnaissance laps and check how much fuel you are using per lap with your own driving style.

2. Because that's how it's currently implemented.

4. What do you have set specifically in your "Pit Strategy"?

5. ICM
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: Kipper Rickshaw

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    1. You have to do some reconnaissance laps and check how much fuel you are using per lap with your own driving style.
    I understand that people's fuel use will vary to a degree, due to driving style, conditions, etc. But PCARS1 at least gave us an estimate for the number of laps we could expect from a given fuel load, and I generally found that I didn't stray too far from that figure. It'd be nice to at least have a ballpark figure like that again, rather than flying blind if you don't feel like doing reconnaissance laps.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    I understand that people's fuel use will vary to a degree, due to driving style, conditions, etc. But PCARS1 at least gave us an estimate for the number of laps we could expect from a given fuel load, and I generally found that I didn't stray too far from that figure. It'd be nice to at least have a ballpark figure like that again, rather than flying blind if you don't feel like doing reconnaissance laps.
    For just messing around in single player, I found the estimate to be decent. However, for critical league races (where 1 second can make a difference), the manual way was best for fuel strategy and planning. Not sure if it will return for PC2, but I do agree it was helpful for some.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips