Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone actually drive the Clio cup car??

What you need to understand is that the Clio is a FWD. Once you begin to sideways, floor the throttle. As it's FWD, this will "pull" the car from the spin. The easy way to take corners is to have precise amount of throttle so you can make the rear end "dance" and catch it by applying more throttle if needed.
    Intel i7 4770K o/c @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte 1080ti Xtreme | 16Go DDR3 17000 // TS-PC Racer with fanatec ClubSports Pedals
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Aizcold, Invincible, ironik, Roger Prynne

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    I have had the same problem and anyone else who has actually raced FWD cars, you know that the amount the ass end gets loose is very over exaggerated and there is inconsistency in the game for this car as well. I started the Clio Cup on Brands Hatch (on of my favorite tracks) and it was like driving a greased up cat regardless of keeping tension on the throttle, then I get to Oulton Park and practice in the rain with ZERO issues. Then I get qualifying on a dry track and the same issue with an ass happy car started again.

Platform
    PS4
    I can have this one on the limit of spinning, more easily than in pCARS1. Once you adjust to driving it it's genuinely fun to chuck about.
    PS4 | T150

Platform
    PS4
    Havent tried them in Pcars 2 but loved them on PC1 , 1 tip is never brake these cars when ur in a corner, all the braking must be done before u turn your wheel.
    PS4 ID: Djuvinile
    T300rs/F1-Rim/TH8A/Playseat Challenge/T3PA/
    Crew Chief/ RS Dash

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Nicolas Hamilton who races in the Clio Cup series gave the OK for this car in game, so you cant get a better recommendation than that.
    He states that the first few laps in this car are like driving on ice.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: ironik

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    This sounds like the exact same issue I had with the car. Could not make any pace at Brands Hatch Indy in the sun. Then in the rain at Oulton Park and Snetterton it was stuck to the track like glue. Seemed to get slidy again when it cleared up on both tracks. Then no issues in the sun at Knockhill only to have it feel touchy again at Silverstone. Very inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by German1 View Post
    I have had the same problem and anyone else who has actually raced FWD cars, you know that the amount the ass end gets loose is very over exaggerated and there is inconsistency in the game for this car as well. I started the Clio Cup on Brands Hatch (on of my favorite tracks) and it was like driving a greased up cat regardless of keeping tension on the throttle, then I get to Oulton Park and practice in the rain with ZERO issues. Then I get qualifying on a dry track and the same issue with an ass happy car started again.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by M4MKey View Post
    What you need to understand is that the Clio is a FWD. Once you begin to sideways, floor the throttle. As it's FWD, this will "pull" the car from the spin. The easy way to take corners is to have precise amount of throttle so you can make the rear end "dance" and catch it by applying more throttle if needed.
    Really couldn't drive this car at all, thought there was something wrong with the car or tires.Then tried what you
    suggested now getting pole on qualifying and winning races.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by M4MKey View Post
    You mean, as soon as it lose traction, sliding, push to full throttle? i always have to super countersteer and it is not easy at all
    Last edited by tonaz; 28-09-2017 at 09:32.
    MoBo: MSI Z77A-GD55 CPU: i7 3770K RAM: 16GB Corsair GPU: GTX 980 ti AMP! Extreme PSU: Coolermaster 1000W Wheel: TM F430 FFB

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    was having the same problem with this little beast, I was able to get it to drive like it was on rails by, tyre pressure, changing ride height and moving the brake distribution
    my set up if it helps I know everyone drives these car differently

Tyre pressure front = 1.62
    Tyre pressure rear = 1.54
    lowered the front of the car by 2, did not touch the rear ride height
    Brake distribution = 60/40

I know this might sound crazy but I found it by accident, the wet tyres seem to hold more grip on these cars and stop the over steer
    I hope it helps and I know everyone drives differently, but it worked for me

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    That Clio Cup car is the hardest car to drive on any game ever LOL.

The trick is, make sure you have throttle applied just before lifting SMOOTHlY off the brake. You can't trail brake as much as most other cars either. you need to be super super smooth