Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Qualifying -do you have to do all 15mins?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Qualifying -do you have to do all 15mins?

I have run in qualifying several times and post good times, I then go into the pits and skip to end of qualifying, but always find myself in 12th. Am I just slow (could be true) but in the race I can battle my way back up to 3rd ish. Is there a way to reduce the qualifying time period? If you don't have qualifying turned on do you always start in 12th?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hoping its a bug because its really annoying, if its not then they should add an option to speed up time

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you skip to the end of qualifying, you will always end up last. It's absolutely ridiculous. And as far as I can see there's no way to reduce the qual time. I skip practice and qualifying altogether.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It definitely needs a Fast Forward option, we had one in PC 1.

Is there any way to alter the session times in career? It lets me change race length, but with practice and qualifying it's just on/off. I don't want 30 minutes practice thanks

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    You can skip ahead when qualifying when in the pit box, also I have skipped ahead to end qualifying with no issues but this was also when all AI cars were done and sitting in their pit box with about 5min left, when I started the race I was still in first with no issues.

Platform
    PC
    the skip to end bug is a known issue. i usually run the first couple minutes of practice to get the car how I like, and then run quali in its entirely. Use the first half as an additional practice session and the rest to put in some fast laps.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I have skipped only 1 minute of one qualifying sessions because I was something like +5 seconds above the fastest AI lap time and I just couldn't squeeze any more time out of myself due to controller issues (different topic for a different time)

But I've found that even when I do the full qualifying session I still find myself in last position - granted this was in the Ginetta Manufacturer event - but still I feel like I should have been 1st seeing as I qualified 1st and was even shown at the end of qualifying that I was 1st.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    In one of the captions that come up on the loading screens it definitely says you can change the length of practice and qualifying sessions from 1 minute to 60 minutes or something. Those times could be wrong, I’ve only noticed the message once, but it seems they definitely should be adjustable. The only thing I’ve been able to change is race length.

At one point in the rain at Snetterton, I was on poll 6 seconds ahead of the AI, I had to sit and wait 20 minutes for the session to finish.

Platform
    XBOX1
    It was a bug in PC1 and one that’s also made it back in to PC2. I find it difficult to fathom how a widely publicised and acknowledged issue in the first game then makes it in to the sequel.
    Xbox One, WD Elements 3TB USB3 HD, Crewchief (Android), PCars Dash (iPad), cup of tea, digestive biscuits (plain chocolate, not milk), huge grin.
    The following user likes this Post: Mowzer

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Because it slipped back in... During WMD it was a long Time no Problem to Skip to the End. Then something "broke" it. It's sometimes not easy to just revert.

But i can assure you, that this is fixed in the upcoming Patch.
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...
    The following 6 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Goooner1, JasonSandwich, Mowzer, Nemesis X2, Plato99