Thread: TV camera angles in Rift?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

TV camera angles in Rift?

Is there a way to watch relays in the oculus Rift using broadcast style cameras? All I see the option for are various gameplay views and one trackside camera at the start/finish line.

Also can't find a way to save replays?

Yes, wondered about that too. After seeing many nice replays in TV-style, I was disappointed to only see one fixed camera opposite to the pitlane. Is it any VR-related problem?
    And also didnīt find a way to save replays.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4,4 GHz Motherboard: msi Z170A GamingPro RAM: 16GB Graphic: msi GTX 1080Ti Sound: Logitech G933/Riftaudio
    OS: Windows 10 64 Bit Wheel: Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Integrale, Thrustmaster TH8RS Shifter Display: Oculus Rift

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Dan View Post
    Yes, wondered about that too. After seeing many nice replays in TV-style, I was disappointed to only see one fixed camera opposite to the pitlane. Is it any VR-related problem?
    And also didnīt find a way to save replays.
    Yeah with VR you only get 1 trackside view and it's from the perspective of a spectator. i don't understand this either I would have loved to have the same trackside views that you get when you do 2d. The best thing I have found is to Save the replay in VR it's the little disk icon in the middle right of the screen. Then boot up the game in 2D (no vr) then you can rewatch the replay using the different views. I am hoping that they add more viewing angles, kinda like in iracing (helicopter views, rear chase view, side view) and also add those views into VR.

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Not only 1 Trackside View... You can toggle trough many with +- on your Numpad
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Platform
    PC
    With VR? The 2d model keeps focus on your car and changes for you. I'll try again in VR but I couldn't get it to change.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Rift here, I can change through 4 or 5 trackside cameras in VR, but they are in no particular order, and it is hard to find your car. Would be nice to have access to the actual TV cams in VR.
    The following user likes this Post: Boskapongen

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
    Not only 1 Trackside View... You can toggle trough many with +- on your Numpad
    Yeah I tried this out you can change the views using + and - on the numpad, although it's a mess and I don't like it at all. Spend too much time cycling through it trying to find the right car/angle. What i've been doing is saving replays then watching them later in 2D. Question where are the replays stored at? I think i'd be interested in moving the replays to another computer to watch them later.