Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of Crashes

Platform
    PC

Lots of Crashes

So I have had over a dozen crashes so far. They appear to happen randomly, whether it's online, offline, practice, quick play...doesn't matter. I get a bugsplat message and I have been typing in everything about the race and what happened up to when it crashed everytime, but I feel like I am one of the only ones getting this many frequent crashes now. Sometimes I can play for over and hour sometimes it crashes 5-10 minutes back to back. I have uninstalled the game and installed it on another drive to see if that would help, it didn't. I have the latest Nvidia driver and my specs are i5 4690k 16gb ram 1080ti using HTC Vive. I tried without using vive and I thought that was it, but nope had two more crashes on just monitor. Is there a way to open these files I am sending to dig through to see if I can narrow down the problem? I'll attach an image of one of the bug splats I got.

Platform
    PC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170924_181759.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	240455

Uh.. how to flip image lol.
    Last edited by clanky; 25-09-2017 at 00:36. Reason: Can't stand on head.

Platform
    PC
    Dont think there will be anything beneficial to you in the BugSplat files, they are meant for the developers.

Check the Windows Event Viewer System and Application logs at the time of the crashes and this should give you an indication as to what is happening at or just before the crash.
    PC - || Corsair 600C || 1080 TI Founders Edition || AMD Ryzen 7 1800x || 16GB DDR4 4000mhz || Asus Crosshair VI Hero || EKWB 360 + 240 RAD Custom Loop (CPU / GPU) || Corsair AX1200 || Logitech G910 Orion Spectruim || Logitech G700 || Fanatec CSW v2 BMW GT & Formula Rims || Fanatec CSS SQ v1.5 || Fanatec CSP V3 Brake Performance Kit || Fanatec Handbrake || Simvibe || Logitech 5.1 Speakers || 2x Yamaha HS80 || Oculus Rift CV1 ||AOC 34" Ultra-Wide IPS || Synology DS1817+ || Windows 10 Pro x64 ||

Platform
    PC
    Keep submitting bugsplat, with explanation as possible. That goes directly to the guys who know how to solve it

thanks!
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

The following user likes this Post: Sankyo

Platform
    PC
    How do I check Windows Event Viewer System Application logs? Just had two more bug splats. sigh.

Edit. Ok that looks pretty complicated. Any hint to what I should be looking for?

From the crash error I see this.
    The following information was included with the event:

projectcars2
    pCARS2AVX
    Last edited by clanky; 25-09-2017 at 02:18.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by clanky View Post
    How do I check Windows Event Viewer System Application logs? Just had two more bug splats. sigh.

Edit. Ok that looks pretty complicated. Any hint to what I should be looking for?

"application crash" it should say in the title

Platform
    PC

Anything logged as an "error" at the time of the crash.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    This was one from yesterday I found though maybe more helpful?
    But I think it's different as I dont see a bug splat so maybe that one was just a one off?
    Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Hang
    Date: 9/23/2017 6:31:38 PM
    Event ID: 1002
    Task Category: (101)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: DESKTOP-OO32JS8
    Description:
    The program pCARS2AVX.exe version 1.1.2.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
    Process ID: 2a40
    Start Time: 01d334b9bd7788a4
    Termination Time: 5
    Application Path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Project CARS 2\pCARS2AVX.exe
    Report Id: 0245f82b-b189-4a11-bb40-b47efc946a83
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-09-23T23:31:38.048797300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>526884</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-OO32JS8</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>pCARS2AVX.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.1.2.0</Data>
    <Data>2a40</Data>
    <Data>01d334b9bd7788a4</Data>
    <Data>5</Data>
    <Data>E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Project CARS 2\pCARS2AVX.exe</Data>
    <Data>0245f82b-b189-4a11-bb40-b47efc946a83</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
    </EventData>
    </Event>
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

Platform
    PC
    yeah, basically the only thing that will help will be the submitted bugsplat.

Platform
    PC
    This was one from yesterday I found though maybe more helpful?
    But I think it's different as I dont see a bug splat so maybe that one was just a one off?
    Typically, you want to look for errors before the hang.. i.e. the hang is the result and we are looking for the cause (which should be shortly before the hang).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips