Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much faster are you with VR - How much faster are you with a wheel ??

Reaper_7799
    Good comments all around, I held off on the rift till it was on sale for $400 with the touch controllers because of the resolution and aliasing issues. I had/have 3 4K monitors in surround and a 40" samsung 4K for racing, so i didn't feel pushed. It's a much much different experience, even if you can't supersample enough, I only have 980ti sli and sli doesn't work with vr, so I'm limited in pushing the supersampling but being in the cockpit just makes the 3 screens seem so much less connected, even with the much higher resolution.

Now that I have the ffb and throttle issues straightened out, you can't replicate sliding through a corner at 100 mph plus in a z06 or any of the rwd high power cars with no aids and in total control...it's just not the same. They also revamped all of the cockpits...they look so much better than pc1 or assetto and really helps with the feeling of being in the cockpit and the driver positioning is a lot better now and you can really feel where the front of the car is on the track and how it behaves through the corners.
    Last edited by Reaper_7799; 25-09-2017 at 22:46.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Wow. Thank you all for the replies. I just placed the order fot the CSL Elite PS4 and cant wait for it to get here!! It will be here OCtober 12th, so, in the mean time I will stick to VR with the gamepad and will try to learn the tracks and so on.

For sure, VR is huge and really amazing. Supersampling does increase the image quality importantly.

Another question: Are you using the OC DEbug tool to supersample or the PC2 menu? Is ther a difference?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'm using the tray tool. The slider in the menus kept bugging out on me, had a mind of its own.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It is easy to be blown away by the feeling you get with PCars2 in VR... Oh well, I am there now: I dont like playing the game in a monitor. Its just not close to the same, and, besides, I lose 5 seconds consistently when I go from VR to TV. I flat out suck in 2D. Simply cant keep the car on track to save my life.

I cant wait for my CSL Elite PS4 to be delivered! I am still playing with the xbox controller!!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Not to threadjack, but is anyone using motion seat bases? 3k seems like a lot of money until you compare to a season of tracking a car. Vr plus a motion platform seems the way to go. Which ones are people using and how do they work?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper_7799 View Post
    ....It's a much much different experience, even if you can't supersample enough, I only have 980ti sli and sli doesn't work with vr, so I'm limited in pushing the supersampling but being in the cockpit just makes the 3 screens seem so much less connected, even with the much higher resolution.....
    Can you pls share (or PM) your settings? I'm still finding the optimum settings on my set and would like to compare, as we have the same GPU (though you using an i7). Thanks.
    PC: Asrock z370 Extreme4 (W10-x64) | i7-8700K | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI 1080Ti Gaming X | Oculus Rift CV1 | XFX 650W CE | Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/500GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper_7799 View Post
    ....It's a much much different experience, even if you can't supersample enough, I only have 980ti sli and sli doesn't work with vr, so I'm limited in pushing the supersampling but being in the cockpit just makes the 3 screens seem so much less connected, even with the much higher resolution.....
    Can you pls share (or PM) your settings? I'm still finding the optimum settings on my set and would like to compare, as we have the same GPU (though you using an i7). Preferably also mentioning FPS with around 10AI on a certain track. Thanks.
    PC: Asrock z370 Extreme4 (W10-x64) | i7-8700K | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI 1080Ti Gaming X | Oculus Rift CV1 | XFX 650W CE | Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/500GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by marcva View Post
    Not to threadjack, but is anyone using motion seat bases? 3k seems like a lot of money until you compare to a season of tracking a car. Vr plus a motion platform seems the way to go. Which ones are people using and how do they work?
    SIM racing is expensive when you compare it to gaming... but when you compare it to actual racing it becomes easy to spend a few thousand dollars.

Do some research about VR and motion rigs. Some people have issues with them. The VR-motion platform do sound like the next best thing though.
    /end threadjack

Do any of you try your times in the community events??

In VR I am being consistent in the vey low 1.30s, with 1:30.115 being my personal best. Still 9 seconds slower than the record, but when I go 2D, I cannot get below 1:40 to save my life! In fact, I cannot stay on track for two laps to save my life!

Maybe this is a good test...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by alitomr1979 View Post
    SIM racing is expensive when you compare it to gaming... but when you compare it to actual racing it becomes easy to spend a few thousand dollars.

Do some research about VR and motion rigs. Some people have issues with them. The VR-motion platform do sound like the next best thing though.
    /end threadjack

Do any of you try your times in the community events??

In VR I am being consistent in the vey low 1.30s, with 1:30.115 being my personal best. Still 9 seconds slower than the record, but when I go 2D, I cannot get below 1:40 to save my life! In fact, I cannot stay on track for two laps to save my life!

Maybe this is a good test...
    I googled the exact title of this thread and found this. I couldnt remember about posting this. LOL.

I received the CSL Elite PS4 and have spent like 4 months in GT Sport. I also bought the NExt Level Racing F1GT and only that one made me go almost three seconds faster in mostly all courses. It has been probably the biggest difference in terms of laptimes.

I went from an struggling C (fell to D in courses I didnt know) in GT Sport to A, B very high, in about two weeks.

Even though I spent a vey good time with my friends in GT Sport, PC, with this wheel, with VR and in the F1 position of this cockpit, is seriously something to be experienced!

I just ran one F1 race in hockemheinring and OMG. WOW. So real it's unreal!

Good times!! I just wish there were more online races and the kind of matchmaking that GT Sport has!

With GT Sport matchmaking, PC2 would be like the best thing since Coca Cola. SEriously

Platform
    PC
    Would you say it's possible to get a good simulation feeling from GTS on your rig? I enjoy GTS, but it very much feels like a videogame compared to PC2, but that must be partly due to me playing it on a controller rather than a wheel. I just wondered, if you give it every chance possible, how GTS stacks up as a believable driving simulation.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member