Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo Mode, possible Imprvements

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Photo Mode, possible Imprvements

I spent hours now in the Photo Mode and it just keeps on being amazing!
    But there are some things that are still there to be improved.

• The sensitivity of the left click (view) or with the controller (right joystick) is extremely high and its sometimes very hard to place the frame exactly where you want to have it.

• The drone mode should be more free, not limited by the track. Or a "Free" camera should be introduced to go over guard railings or crash barriers or objects in the landscape.

• The max distance in drone mode should be extended (at least on PC) to make full use of the focal length.

• The keys to tilt are "E" and "R" at the moment, what is very weird. To make it more intuitive it should be "E" to tilt to the left (now it tilts to the right) and "R" to tilt to the right. OR you could place it on "Q" and "E". Meaning you could set the lift button to the "1" or "X" and "Y".

Well some things that would be cool, but are probably hard to put in the game:

• A slider that for shadows and lights. Sometimes the car details disappear with a dark livery and sometimes the lights are just too bright. The option to seperatly increase or decrease those values would be awesome.

• The Zero Bokeh mode has a VERY sharp ending. A smooth transition would look a lot nicer. Now you cant use it when there is vegetation or there are guard railings, showing the extreme edge of the bokeh.

• This one is probably impossible: If you take photo, it gets rendered in 4k, with max graphics, despite your current graphics settings or your resolution. Or this shouold be an option, cause it would probably take a minute. But this game looks so amazing and I am sorry for all the people, not having a good graphics card, that are limited to their graphics in Photo mode. Overwatch has made that possible, even in video format. That would be just awesome.

And there is a bug I came across. In this photo: imgur DOT com SLASH f1v12X8 (I am not allowed to post links or images) there should be Mount Fuji. You can see some fragments of it over the tip of the hood of the car. Its very sad, cause whenever I entered the Photo mode the mountain disappeared. After reloading and trying again it even disappeared while being in Drive mode.

P.S. I would really like to have the permission to post photos
    Last edited by Emsi; 29-09-2017 at 06:12.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Emsi View Post
    A slider that for shadows and lights. Sometimes the car details disappear with a dark livery and sometimes the lights are just too bright. The option to seperatly increase or decrease those values would be awesome.
    You are able to control this with the Exposure setting.
    Decrease exposure if lights are too bright... Increase exposure to enhance details on a dark livery.
    Not the same things as adjusting the actual lighting, but a way to control it to some degree.

Here is your photo:
    (I think you need a certain amount of posts to get permission to include pictures/links)

The following 2 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, Eugene Flerko

Platform
    PS4
    How about adding a Project CARS 2 watermark? In the style of Forza Horizon 3 then where you could choose any of the 4 corners to place it. But since SMS can do better, keep the option to hide it completely.

So maybe a watermark toggle through the following 5 options :

* upper left
    * upper right
    * lower left
    * lower right
    * disable
    currently playing PCARS 2 on PS4 Pro (DualShock controller - offline) & XBox One (XBox Elite controller - online)
    system: Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ comfy 4k+ EUR sofa covered with 8 pillows, 2 blankets and me.

Platform
    PS4
    3 more improvements for photo mode now that I think about it :

* hide cosmetic dmg yes/no (only for the visual part, if you back out to the race it should be like it was before)
    * hide dirt/snow/rain on the car yes/no (only for the visual part, if you back out to the race it should be like it was before)
    * hide driver (would be nice to be able to take some shots of empty cars)
    currently playing PCARS 2 on PS4 Pro (DualShock controller - offline) & XBox One (XBox Elite controller - online)
    system: Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ comfy 4k+ EUR sofa covered with 8 pillows, 2 blankets and me.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Supersampling render on photos... Why not?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Campacci2k View Post
    Supersampling render on photos... Why not?
    Normally the philosophy is not "Creating bullshots" but cool screenshots with some artistic liberty (angle, DoF, etc). Adding supersampling would create very cool quality images but they won't be "real". I think that was one of the causes of not adding extra post-processing.
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Platform
    PC
    I feel like the photos created by the Photo Mode are being compressed quite hard.

Would like to see an option for shooting RAW pictures.
    CPU Intel Core i7-2600k @4.2GHz | Motherboard Asus P8Z77-M Pro | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz | GPU Powercolor R9 390 8GB - Driver 17.6.2 | Audio Logitech Z-5500/Z2300/G930 | OS Windows 10 PRO 64-bit | CSW V2, DIY Sequential shifter | Monitor HP LA2405x 24" (main monitor) | Triple setup: HP LP2065 (20") (custom res: 1440x1080) - Benq G2420HD (24") - HP LP2065 (20") (custom res: 1440x1080)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, K34sc

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyez View Post
    I feel like the photos created by the Photo Mode are being compressed quite hard.

Would like to see an option for shooting RAW pictures.
    Photos are saved as jpg, which means they are compressed.

If you want uncompressed pictures, there are options:

- Steam Overlay, with the option "save as uncompressed copy" enabled
    - Use a screen capture tool

I use Bandicam (the free version) to capture the screen in .png format, then convert to .jpg before posting the photo here.
    (.png is a lossless picture format, so it will capture every pixel on the screen without compression)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: 2knowone, SharpEyez, zuotoski

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Another thing i've noticed: The sliders in general are too "sensitive"
    e.g. the focus slider. Sometimes its hard to hit the right spot because the steps are too vast (hope "vast" is right, hope you get me)
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    tbh i really wish the shutter speed worked, 1/2th of a second doesnt really do anything except add blur to the wheels. now i do have motion blur turned off, should i turn that on to get the scenery to blur?