Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Using TH8A as a handbrake

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I'm here lurking around because I am getting interested in finally picking up pCARS 2 .. Figured I would see how it would be for some RallyX. If I cannot use my TH8A the same way I do in WRC 7, Dirt Rally, SLRE, and Dirt 4.. that is just a let down.

If the TH8A is plugged in via USB the ps4 can see it as a stand alone device, why would SM not use it that way? Is there some limitation with number of USB devices? Like is Keyboard support taking this option away?

I have a cheap DIY setup with an arcade joystick hooked up to the T300 static paddle shifter plugs so it maps to L1 and R1 and is used as a sequential shifter.. that way I can use my TH8A in sequential mode as a handbrake and still not have to use the paddles (I do not like paddles for rally)

I downloaded the demo and will be playing around a bit tomorrow to see, but from what you are all saying, it is not an option.
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair
    But yeah.. I am not that good. - CC
    The following user likes this Post: Steve-986

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    No one has been able to answer that exact point to date - presumably its not an easy fix or one where there is enough demand. I have tried plugging the TH8A via USB directly into the PS4 myself and it acted no differently to when it is connected to the wheel - L1 and R1 as per the paddles.

Be interested to hear how your trial goes with the demo. Hopefully we can get some sort of response from the devs on this at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire77 View Post
    I'm here lurking around because I am getting interested in finally picking up pCARS 2 .. Figured I would see how it would be for some RallyX. If I cannot use my TH8A the same way I do in WRC 7, Dirt Rally, SLRE, and Dirt 4.. that is just a let down.

If the TH8A is plugged in via USB the ps4 can see it as a stand alone device, why would SM not use it that way? Is there some limitation with number of USB devices? Like is Keyboard support taking this option away?

I have a cheap DIY setup with an arcade joystick hooked up to the T300 static paddle shifter plugs so it maps to L1 and R1 and is used as a sequential shifter.. that way I can use my TH8A in sequential mode as a handbrake and still not have to use the paddles (I do not like paddles for rally)

I downloaded the demo and will be playing around a bit tomorrow to see, but from what you are all saying, it is not an option.
    PS4 ID: steve-986 |
    Project CARS setup: PS4 | T300RS wheel | TH8A | Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-on | BBJ SimRacing 26 Switch Pro Button Box | Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 with RGS Module | RS Dash | 43" Sony Bravia TV | 5.1 Surround Sound or Sony Wireless Headset 2.0 |
    Real world setup: Audi RS4 Avant Sepang Blue |

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-986 View Post
    No one has been able to answer that exact point to date - presumably its not an easy fix or one where there is enough demand. I have tried plugging the TH8A via USB directly into the PS4 myself and it acted no differently to when it is connected to the wheel - L1 and R1 as per the paddles.

Be interested to hear how your trial goes with the demo. Hopefully we can get some sort of response from the devs on this at some point.
    I still think it's strange not one developer or moderator answered or replied to this thread in any way.
    PS4 ID: Djuvinile
    T300rs/F1-Rim/TH8A/Playseat Challenge/T3PA/
    Crew Chief/ RS Dash
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Steve-986, stunt929

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Especially considering its had over 2600 views which makes you think people are interested in the issue/possible resolution?!

Quote Originally Posted by Djuvinile View Post
    I still think it's strange not one developer or moderator answered or replied to this thread in any way.
    Project CARS setup: PS4 | T300RS wheel | TH8A | Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-on | BBJ SimRacing 26 Switch Pro Button Box | Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 with RGS Module | RS Dash | 43" Sony Bravia TV | 5.1 Surround Sound or Sony Wireless Headset 2.0 |
    The following 2 users likes this Post: stunt929, VIPR_SOA

Platform
    PS4
    Especially considering its had over 2600 views which makes you think people are interested in the issue/possible resolution?!
    Exactly
    Crew Chief/ RS Dash

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Not that I didn't believe you guys but I checked and yeah.. cannot get the TH8A mapped to anything except L1/R1 which is annoying. If I really wanted to bother.. I could use my home made sequential shifter as the handbrake and put rubber bands on the TH8A shifter in h-patern mode and try to map 3rd as shift down and 4th as shift up.. really dont think it would be worth the bother though.

No rush to get this game, will wait for it to go on a deep sale (sub $25) before I pick it up.
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair
    But yeah.. I am not that good. - CC

Platform
    PS4
    Since im not seeing any answer coming soon on this topic. Im gonna make my own conclusions out of this... Its not possible (due to..?) and never going to happen.
    Otherwise, i guess someone of sms/wmd would have reacted to a thread that has been viewed almost 3000 times.
    Crew Chief/ RS Dash

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Can we ‘tag’ the relevant dev (whoever that may be?!) on this forum to this thread to get a definitive yes or no??!

Quote Originally Posted by Djuvinile View Post
    Since im not seeing any answer coming soon on this topic. Im gonna make my own conclusions out of this... Its not possible (due to..?) and never going to happen.
    Otherwise, i guess someone of sms/wmd would have reacted to a thread that has been viewed almost 3000 times.

Platform
    PS4
    Can we ‘tag’ the relevant dev (whoever that may be?!) on this forum to this thread to get a definitive yes or no??!
    Be my guest.. but im quite sure its been noticed..
    Crew Chief/ RS Dash

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Fishing for the handbrake with your thumb isn't fun not to mention almost impossible. Frustrating that there is no response.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Djuvinile, RaceFace85