Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me...???

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Is it just me...???

I bought my first wheel, a Thrustmaster TX, a couple of months ago, and I have been having so much fun with Project Cars up until now. I bought Project Cars 2 as soon as it was released having great hopes for an even better experience, but I have been struggling with it ever since. I do understand that it is very realistic and maybe my driving skills are just not good enough, but I find PC2 no fun at all. I just can't get it dialled in to suit me, either I am just spinning out in bends, or, with assists, it just feels all wrong. I have assists set to "real" in PC1, and have no trouble getting round the tracks with cars that do not have ABS, TC or SC.

In my opinion PC1 rocks, but PC2 is just no fun at all. Is it just me who thinks this? Does anyone have any tips on how to get it tuned in? Because now I have switched back to PC1 hoping for something to happen with PC2 in an update soon.

Platform
    PC
    I'll let you know in a bit... I'm just downloading now.
    I enjoyed PC1, can't wait to get stuck in with PC2

Platform
    PS4
    Hey.
    I've read that especially Thrustmaster wheels are having issues with Project CARS 2. According to the boss himself, Ian Bell, the team is already aware of this and are working on fixes
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Mowzer, rosko

Platform
    PC
    Are you using the 'stable' setup? By default if you are using a well it'll default to loose which can be tricky to master.
    Case: In-Win 904 Plus Black | CPU/Cooler: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz on Corsair H100i CLC | Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO | RAM: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE LED Red DDR4 3200MHz | GPU: MSI GTX1070 Ti 8GB GAMING OC @ 2.1GHz | SSD: 1TB Hyper-X Savage SSD | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W | OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit | Peripherals: Corsair M65 RGB/Corsair K70(Cherry Brown)/Thrustmaster T500RS with 599XX EVO wheel, Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals and brake damper, TH8RS Shifter x2 + GT Omega Wheel Stand/Xbox One Elite Controller + Wireless Adapter/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Black Edition | Display/Audio: Acer Predator X34A/Sony KDL50W829B 50" LCD/Denon AVR-1912/Q Acoustics 2050/2010/2000c/2070s

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    All I hope is they work for a soft lock on the t300 that really leaves up to the feature (assetto corsa SL style for instance), because right now..., it's a too-soft-lock or something. Right now It feels as It wasn't there at all.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Super results here with my T500rs and jack Spade`s ffb custom settings inserts. Miles better than AC or PC1.
    The following user likes this Post: bigal1000

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    My T300RS is working pretty good.
    I did need to tone down the FFB a bit.
    Dutchman on PS4 with T300, T3pa, Th8a and playseat challenge.
    Enthusiastic but slightly below average driver.
    The following user likes this Post: bigal1000

Platform
    XBOX1
    I also use a TX and have had the same struggles with PC2. Can't find any setting that is comfortable or even close to what I had in PC1. The FFB seems to vary greatly depending on what car I'm using. My wheel gets jittery when going in a straight line and jerks violently in certain cars on pit road when idle. Apparently from what I've read WMD was not able to test with wheels on Xbox One so the game is a buggy mess right now. Don't even get me started with the racing line........
    Gamertag: ItsDoomsday Setup: TX Leather Edtion, T3PA Pedals, TH8A Shifter, Openwheeler cockpit, 42 inch Vizio LED with Vizio sound bar, Satellite speakers and wireless Sub
    Favorite Road Course: Watkins Glen/ Favorite Oval: Dover International/ Favorite F1 Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Superkart Pilot
    I've also had a hard time trying to enjoy the game with my G920, which is bugged in pcars2 and the ffb is weak, but I will give them some time to fix it before calling them out.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper117 View Post
    I'll let you know in a bit... I'm just downloading now.
    I enjoyed PC1, can't wait to get stuck in with PC2
    Don't get your hopes up!